It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the ACTUAL REASON why most if not all ancient Civilizations commited Human/Animal Sacr

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Whenever I have heard about any early religion, culture, group of people there always seems to be a lot of seemingly bloody and senseless human and or animal sacrificing for stupid reasons. Anthropologists make it sound like we were trying to "please" whatever diety that ancient culture believed in by killing it's precious livestock or it's own citizens for some stupid reason like to make the sun rise again. To cultures that didn't seem to have much the reasons the eggheads gave for mayan sacrifices, hebrew animal sacrifices etc, just sounded RETARDED.

I have 2 different conclusions I have made it for why I think most cultures all over the world commited human/animal sacrifice.

1. My first thought is that starving people desparate for crops or food in general might offer up a human sacrifice as a means of cannibalism to make sure the rest of their people won't starve to death. This would offer up the many reasons that so many people were willing and honored to be sacrificed as history has said in the past. They were literally giving their life up so the rest of their kin can live and continue to struggle through the harshness of nature without perishing. Obviously, if the culture had slaves or war prisoners like the South American cultures, they would kill them off first for food before asking one of their own to die for them.

2. This goes hand in hand with number 1 and is a little bit more advanced. As these cultures believed in their own dieties or Gods and times were getting desperate, they made an actual ritual out of the sacrificing of human beings most likely for sustenance, but at the same time they wanted to show their "Gods" the pain they were willing to go through to keep their society alive, hence how elaborate they made these sacrifices. Not just with humans but with livestock as well because they wanted to show their "Gods" that they were willing to sacrifice their precious animals as well which in most instances they would probably want to keep alive to farm.

I think that over time maybe these 2 reasons got so ingrained in each respective society that the rituals became more elaborate and in extreme cases such as the Mayans they just went bat sh*t and started painting people blue as they ripped their beating hearts out of their chests. This is the only logical reason I can think for why ritual sacrifice could have came about. In the end it could have became extremely complex varying on the culture but I believe a mixture of these 2 reasons are why they started in the first place.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It doesn't help that a lot of these cultures, when there is documentations of human sacrifice and famines, the famines are often after years of sacrificing. So, it could be this way, but there's a chance that this is a "cart before the horse" argument.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yeah see that's why I think the historians have things a$$ backwards. The way they describe human sacrifice just doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Whatever the reason, human sacrifice is a great way to get rid of the dicks in the community. I say we revive it in the US.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
LOL who should we have "volunteer" first? I'll go buy the blue paint. Does it matter if it's lead based or not?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
David Icke talked about this exact topic on Infowars today, interesting stuff worth checking out whether your a fan of him or not.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Really? I jotted some notes down yesterday to post here today, as it's been on my mind for awhile. Got links?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well according to the bible, people did it because the smell pleased God, so in return he would forgive them of their sins. This is one of my major hang-ups with the bible, because Jesus came along and put a stop to it. I could quote scripture if someone wants to challenge me on that.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

A theory floating about is we all have a 'life-force', that unknown, unappreciated energy that fuels the Ancient mysteries. The entities (some call the reptilians or lizzies) operating in the realm above us (4th dimension/density) require food in the form of this energy. This is why all the unofficial Roswell reports of the alien examinations claims they had no stomach or rectum. The theory is Greys are Bio-robots for these Reptilians to operate in 3rd dimension/denisty and Greys feed by absorbing both 'ethereal' energy and physical nutrients through their skin. Reptilians are only really capable of absorbing ethereal energy because to manifest in 3rd dimension physically for them is very very hard and requires constant feeding....vampires anyone? This would draw too much attention for now but that's not to say this may not happen in the future on a mass scale, or that it hasn't happened in the past.

So, Human sacrifice was a way to feed these 'gods' their literal food. Back then they were easily manipulated by advanced beings with fancy technology who demanded sacrifice for the 'protection' (Good cop) or 'threat of destruction' (Bad cop) and had the capacity to appear as whatever they wanted to manipulate the humans in that location.
edit on 21-6-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Funny, I was thinking about this last night while washing dishes.

I reasoned that ancient cultures such as the Hebrews used animal sacrifice as a punitive measure to discourage sin, in the same way that we use monetary fines to discourage crime.

From the book of Leviticus:

27: And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;
28: Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned.
29: And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering.
30: And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar.
31: And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat is taken away from off the sacrifice of peace offerings; and the priest shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savour unto the LORD; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him.

Source

Leviticus describes, in great length, the penalties for various sins for rulers, priests and common folk (the penalty is slightly different for each class) and the procedure for sacrifice. It is quite reminiscent of a modern legal document. Therefore I believe that sacrifice began as a practical measure and evolved into a mystical tradition over a few generations.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

And again, theoretically this was not ever something mystical but a very real and physical feeding of this entity posing as the 'LORD'. It is quite well known that this 'LORD' loved the 'sweet savour' of burnt flesh. Again, this was merely a custom put in place to feed these entities by force of guilt and fear of punishment. One was even cheeky enough to convince Abraham to sacrifice his own son until one of the 'good' guys stepped in. 'Good' meaning either another bad entity playing good cop OR it really was one of the good guys.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Just wow.

Sometimes I agree or not with you.

This time I am amazed at how much I agree, you are the first person I have seen to share this view without being led there to look at it first.

Wow. For folks of a way this is a good topic for meditation on its own, the rrot of the matter spiritually.

Peace to you in this. .

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

Thank you.

When you have moments that you do disagree with me please speak up as I am always interested to hear others opinions.

It's very obvious that this 'LORD' or 'Lord of hosts' is a bad entity and only acts when it suits/benefits him. The clincher is Isiah 13:3 from the Septaugint which states that the 'Lord of hosts' commands Giants of a War-like nation from a land afar off from the utmost foundation of heaven (in other words another planet in space) to come here and destroy the world, kill and rape men, women and children.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
FREAKY..... I remember hearing about the sweet smell of burnt flesh before either on Ancient Aliens or some other topic. But what is so special about the sickly sweet smell of burnt fat? How and why does it appease them?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Most of it was and still is psychological maneuvering to
instill fear.
Fear is a control tool, which is still used today.
It worked for Vlad the Impaler, it worked for the jews when
they painted their doorways with blood.
When fear is induced, people generally either
avoid the perpetrators or join them.
O.P., fact is that humans are not innocent as you may
think. Humans throughout history
have been calculating, power hungry, and satanically nefarious.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I have noticed this duplicity with religion as well.

I have also steared the ship that is my(and families) life to a finer point thanks to what is , was and will be.

It's strange to me to see how folks see magic where there is nothing but the light of a life lived in truth and nuthin but love.

I certainlly believe that testing every spirit , and testing it's fuit, and agian some.. is the way it should be. . .

Tell me true what you think here. . ., you and anyone. Would you tell the differance between the voice of Your God of the voice of a Good Pretender.

I know it's a long and hard road, as do you.

Every time I meet a person who see's thier version of just how true this is I want to . . ..cry. .with joy ( this is all that ever taught me to, to begin with) and I'm a "bulldozer" in form.

CHeers to ya!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Unless you understand and have experience of the astral worlds, other planes etc - you will never understand or make any sense of what all the ancient cultures or 'religions' were doing - it will all just seem like superstitious nonesense, mumbo-jumbo and primitive psyops. Which is just the way TPTB like it - why do you suppose they are even today, so heavily involved in their rituals, regalias, symbology, esoteric orders knights of this, knights of that - and human sacrifices if the stories are to be believed - the same devils that were demanding blood sacrifice and worship back then are still what controls the 'elites' today!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Well if you follow the theory I believe then the burning of the flesh is merely the aft of killing the living creature which may be the original aim of the entities instructions anyway. Although, there may be some sort of ethereal release of energy from the burning of flesh or maybe the smell transcends our physical plane.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Pain becomes pleasure. If applied in a way.

Im guessing you understand the truth behind the words.

Your question as to the why, I'm like yourself in wonderment.

I burn myself out for them in that it in not only suites me?

But that the whole beniftits the few and advances not the one but many at once?

It's cripytic but . . . thats how the repky and all that. . lol

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What we recognize as human/animal sacrifice, could have actually been some form of execution or euthanasia ritual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join