It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natwest/Royal Bank of Scotland Have Not Been Processing Payments for 48 Hours Now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I am with Natwest and they have not been processing payments for 48 hours now due to a supposed "computer glitch". You can pay money in but it doesn't clear to your account and no new money arrives in your account via any form, be it BACS/cash over counter or Faster Payment service.

Now bearing in mind the bank is in huge losses and is mostly owned by the tax payer due to bailouts, has it simply run out of cash? Somehow I don't see how a bank could let a computer glitch take them down for 2 days.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I forgot to mention, they are still more than happy to diduct from your account when payments leave though.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
happens all the time, to banks and businesses , no conspiracy here , if there was anything wrong it would be all over the news , if anything you have the right to withdraw your cash , that's about it , or make a claim via the fscs if it goes under bearing in mind you are covered up to 50k per savings acct .

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by combatfoo2000

Dare I say it....

It IS all over the news....

Customers of NatWest have reported problems with their bank accounts, with balances not being updated and online services unavailable.

The bank confirmed it was experiencing technical issues and that "a number of customers" were affected.

NatWest said it was working hard to fix the problem which has also affected some RBS and Ulster Bank customers.

www.bbc.co.uk...

THREE seperate banks sharing the same problem????
Hacked springs to mind, crossed with a virus, maybe a trojan or two.. drop in a couple cups of doom and gloom for flavour.

Let 'em fall...
I want a refund.

hmmmm... the plot thickens;
UK Banks To Be Downgraded Tonight...
edit on 21-6-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The Daily Mail is now covering this too. What is most eerie is the silence out of RBS, that is very worrying.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Not for 48 hours a time it doesn't.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
May have something to do with the banks being downgraded tonight...

abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

No, only one - RBS owns and operates Natwest and Ulster. Ulster even has the same logo.

link   

Originally posted by EvanB
May have something to do with the banks being downgraded tonight...

abovetopsecret.com

I was just wondering that, but surely this practice is illigial if they are intentionally witholding money from us?

link   
This is really annoying me. My card isn't working (I had to walk a round trip of 2 miles to find that out), funds have failed to appear in my account (online banking just isn't working properly) and my cupboards are bare, but I have no option to wait until they fix this "glitch" as I do not qualify for a cash advance from Natwest.

I've never liked banking with Natwest, but I'm stuck with them for now. *grrr*

Rev

edit on 21/6/2012 by revmoofoo because: ETA

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiflad

Originally posted by Extralien

No, only one - RBS owns and operates Natwest and Ulster. Ulster even has the same logo.

They are still 3 seperate business units with 3 seperate sets of infrastructure with only some of that shared.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
This is really annoying me. My card isn't working (I had to walk a round trip of 2 hours to find that out), funds have failed to appear in my account (online banking just isn't working properly) and my cupboards are bare, but I have no option to wait until they fix this "glitch" as I do not qualify for a cash advance from Natwest.

I've never liked banking with Natwest, but I'm stuck with them for now. *grrr*

Rev

Customers should vote with their feet to Credit Unions or the co-operative bank.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

As soon as I can, I'll be leaving Natwest, I just can't do it right now for legal purposes believe it or not. Should be sorted by Christmas though, so come the New Year, I'm moving banks.

Rev

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The rumor is that RBS is getting a 2 ratings downgrade. Kinda makes sense now. I am raging right this moment.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
yuppers experiencing the same problems...and it is a matter of great importance to me...but also keep in mind...Natwest did just recently change some of their computer gear to make things easier for their customers...So i am thinking a glitch has shown up in the system....and i really need access as i have a solicitor to pay for immigration issues....could be a bad scene for me.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
RBS is part public owned by the british taxpayer. On behalf of our corrupt government, the bank of pumped over £80 billion into the banks to 'kickstart the economy' last week.

WHERE HAS IT ALL GONE ALREADY??????

Shafted by the rich, every day of our wretched little lives.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Checked my bank statement online last night, and a message came up about several actions not working (such as being unable to check transactions from a previous time).

I'm expecting a payment this weekend..Do anyone know whether that will still go through as normal?

It just has to happen when I'm expecting moneys to come though..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Checked my bank statement online last night, and a message came up about several actions not working (such as being unable to check transactions from a previous time).

I'm expecting a payment this weekend..Do anyone know whether that will still go through as normal?

It just has to happen when I'm expecting moneys to come though..

They are treating their customers like mushrooms at the minute, fed on pooh and kept in the dark. So its anybodys guess mate, sorry.
edit on 21-6-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
These bastards need a good spanking imo... Surely it is illegal to hold onto our f@@@ing cash????

Time to batter the doors down methinks..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

I am in the same boat here and my immigration status actually depends on it....This is not good...the timing could not have been worse...Oh well Canada here i come....lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join