It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Skewers Fox News For Using Edited Obama Video To Criticize Immigration Policy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Last night I watched Jon Stewart as he crucified Fox News for what they call, "reporting the news." Actually, what they did was much closer to telling a bald faced lie, but then that's all in a day's work for them.

I'm sure you all remember the clip that Fox News has been showing of the President stating in his own words, that he doesn't have the authority to single-handedly change immigration law. The purpose for televising this clip is to give you the IMPRESSION that the President himself, doesn't believe he has the authority to do what he just did with respect to the executive order on deportation of illegal immigrants brought here as children. In other words, they're accusing him of hypocrisy.

Of course, when the tape is played in it's entirety, the truth comes out and once again Fox News is proven to be the most despicable news organization on the air today. The tape clearly shows that the President went on to talk about what he could do, which is exactly what he just did.

Here's an article along with a few excerpts that covers what happened;
www.mediaite.com...

Stewart headed the segment first zoning in on those who were unhappy with the president for using executive power to make this decision about deportation. No other modern-day president has acted thusly. Except, of course, Stewart added, George W. Bush (regarding Liberia). And Bill Clinton. And George H. W. Bush. …And Ronald Reagan.

But he digressed, turning to Fox News’ segment that aimed to catch Obama contradicting his view of his own authority. In a video from less than a year ago. The clip Fox News played included Obama said the following:

[ I just have to continue to say this notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true. We are doing everything we can administratively. But the fact of the matter is there are laws on the books that I have to enforce. And I think there’s been a great disservice done to the cause of getting the DREAM Act passed and getting comprehensive immigration passed by perpetrating the notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things. It’s just not true.]

Then, what Fox News doesn't want you to know is that the President immediately went on to say;

The notion that somehow, by myself, I can go and do these things is just not true. What we can do is to prioritize enforcement — since there are limited enforcement resources — and say, we’re not going to go chasing after this young man or anybody else who has been acting responsibly, and would otherwise qualify for legal status if the DREAM Act passed.

Kinda changes things when you add that last part. What a worthless bunch of sleaze-bag idiots those people at Fox News have to be, in order to go to such trouble just to propagate a lie that is sure to come back and bite them in the ass.

I would paste the video here for all to see but it hasn't made it to utube yet, but for those who still want to see it, you can check it out here;

www.thedailyshow.com...

IMO, these people should have their FCC license revoked for outright lying, over & over & over & over.........

Edit to add; I should warn you that both, the news article as well as the video contain some foul language, well warranted but foul just the same.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This thread will get ignored and you will be bashed. The people on here love to drink the GOP kool aid. Obama did the humane thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hmmm....that does make it a considerably different statement with that last bit on there. Very shady of them!

I know the topic is how Fox cut and snipped but I have to say that I don't think the President should fail to enforce laws simply because he doesn't agree with them.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

So you are telling us breaking news? That the media in general picks and chooses what they want us to hear...don't be so foolish to think that either side is just....as far as the other poster stating that it was the humane thing to do...I'll let you in on a secret...it's all about getting the votes...you really think republicans are going to start sending people out of the country in busses? Don't be so foolish to think that...they may play the game that they do not support his bills but make no mistake just as Bush the next Republican will do nothing about immigration other than talk tough and make promises...similiar to Obama

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

So you are telling us breaking news? That the media in general picks and chooses what they want us to hear...don't be so foolish to think that either side is just....as far as the other poster stating that it was the humane thing to do...I'll let you in on a secret...it's all about getting the votes...you really think republicans are going to start sending people out of the country in busses? Don't be so foolish to think that...they may play the game that they do not support his bills but make no mistake just as Bush the next Republican will do nothing about immigration other than talk tough and make promises...similiar to Obama

Not breaking news, Political Madness. Furthermore, there is no comparison with respect to the devious tactics employed by Fox News as compared to any of the other mainstream news sources. Fox News is, without a doubt, at the very bottom of the barrel.

On another note, did President Obama attempt to get the "Dream Act" passed? YES!
Did the GOP utilize the filibuster to prevent it's passage? YES!
Due to GOP/TP obstructionism, can anything be passed in the Senate with a simple majority? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I absolutely agree that President Obama did the right thing, the humane thing, the thing that the GOP/TP refuses to do. The bashing, I'm used to.

With respect to this thread being ignored by those on the right, well that's what they're best at, ignoring the truth. I wonder if "ignorance" and "ignoring" don't somehow share the same roots.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Fox lies about Obama and then Obama lies to us too. Holder lies, leonhart lies, cheney lies, bush, alberto gonzalez, powell, rumsfield, clinton, and my girlfriend all lie! Is there any truth from fox or Obama? Nothing but lies every corner.
edit on 20-6-2012 by PatriotAct because: elaboration

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Stewart TRIED to skewer FOX, but he was right before he went all Columbo. Obama DID say he didn't have the authority to change immigration law, and then he went on to explain how he would just "not enforce" the laws he didn't agree with.

He's such a lying tool (Obama.) Stewart is just a kiss ass.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The dream act has died...LONG LIVE THE DREAM ACT!!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

IMO, these people should have their FCC license revoked for outright lying, over & over & over & over.........

FOX will not lose their FCC license over lying and the reason is simple. According to Rupert Murdoch the owner of FOX claims FOX isn't a news service it's infotainment. That's why they can air all the BS they want.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Not breaking news, Political Madness. Furthermore, there is no comparison with respect to the devious tactics employed by Fox News as compared to any of the other mainstream news sources. Fox News is, without a doubt, at the very bottom of the barrel.

By what measure? Because you're a left wing Democrat? Fox is bad, but how could one network possibly be as bad as a dozen print and TV media outlets that have brazenly lied and edited footage in defense of Democrats for decades? Hell, the left even has a comedy network to mold young malleable minds to their ideological ends.

Anyway, this is just stewart doing what he does, shill for the current government and president. I still remember in 2005 when he was interviewed by CNN (I think) and he was asked why he focuses so much on attacking the GOP and he said, "because they're the ones in charge". At this point I hope you realize he's a liar and a hypocrite?
edit on 20-6-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think I am going to be sick. They need to regulate our news and make it to where you can not knowingly lie to your viewers while presenting the lies as fact, not even on pundit shows.

Someone needs to do SOMETHING.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

FOX will not lose their FCC license over lying and the reason is simple. According to Rupert Murdoch the owner of FOX claims FOX isn't a news service it's infotainment. That's why they can air all the BS they want.

So true! And we wonder why Canada wants nothing to do with them. Then again, it looks like Murdoch may very well get swallowed up by the very sewer he lives in, soon to be viewed as something less desirable than ebola or leprosy.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Agreed,

You have only one news service not protecting this guy....1..

And thats not good enough for them.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Anyway, this is just stewart doing what he does, shill for the current government and president. I still remember in 2005 when he was interviewed by CNN (I think) and he was asked why he focuses so much on attacking the GOP and he said, "because they're the ones in charge". At this point I hope you realize he's a liar and a hypocrite?

Jon Stewart is a pundit, not a news source. Despite that, several times he has apologized when his show has used incorrect information.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Jon Stewart has more truth in his little finger than Fox News has in their entire corporation. The title of liar and hypocrite squarely belongs to Fox News as I just pointed out. Did they, or did they not, just get through creating a deliberate lie as fodder for the kool-aid drinking right wingers?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Jon Stewart and the left tell the truth?

That is laughable so answer me this.

Who held the Potus,Senate,and the house from 2006-2010?

That would be the left and Obama and those chose to pursue other things that were "more important".

IF people can't see Stewart for the shill he is and Obama the shill he is then that is just sad just the like LGBT, just like the students, and now the "hispanics" the man has no honor, and all he is about is pandering for votes.

It is an election year.

So what the hell did Fox lie about?

edit on 20-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
John Stewart is a liberal bot.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I liked when Jon Stewart th hypocrite was interviewed on Fox News by Chris Wallace.

STEWART: I think that there is a — probably a liberal bias that exists within the media that is because of the medium in which it exists. I think that the majority of people working in it probably hold liberal viewpoints, but I don’t think that they are as relentlessly activist as the conservative movement that has risen up over the last 40 years. And that movement has decided that they have been victims of a witch hunt. And to some extent they’re right. People on the right are called racists and they’re called things with an ease that I am uncomfortable with — and homophobic and all those other things. And I think that that is absolutely something that they have a real right to be angry about and to feel that they have been vilified for those things. And I’ve been guilty of doing some of those things myself.

WALLACE: I accept your apology.

Read more: blog.beliefnet.com... cy-morgan-and-mel-gibson.html#ixzz1yK5Gjcj7

What Stewart and Colbert do is pander to clever little jerks that think they are smart. They are actually gullable and naive. A Colbert or Stewart fan is as dumb as an Alex Jones or David Icke fan.

Stewart and Colbert know who thier masters are.They are wolves in sheeps clothing.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You certainly have been sipping out of the liberal cool-aid...so are you saying MSNBC fails to give all the proof when they are dicussing stories...all of the media are driven by one agenda...if you don't see that you my friend are lost....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join