It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble on the horizon for GM crops?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
phys.org...

To decrease sprays of broad-spectrum insecticides, which can harm animals other than the target pests, cotton and corn have been genetically engineered to produce toxins derived from the bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis, or Bt.

Bt toxins kill certain insect pests but are harmless to most other creatures including people. These environmentally friendly toxins have been used for decades in sprays by organic growers and since 1996 in engineered Bt crops by mainstream farmers.

"... used for decades in sprays by organic growers...." makes me very concerned. Harmless to people! Really? How many generations did they study? So I have been ingesting Bt crops for years. What has that done to my body

Over time, scientists have learned, initially rare genetic mutations that confer resistance to Bt toxins are becoming more common as a growing number of pest populations adapt to Bt crops.

IMO this is an acute grasp of the obvious. Adapt or perish!

When will it end?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

IMO this is an acute grasp of the obvious. Adapt or perish!

When will it end?

I imagine when evolution ends. But if you ask a creationist it never began with in the first place, so perhaps drink their kool-aid?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

join