It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pendulum" are no more after band Splits.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
A sad day for musicians everywhere

www.gigwise.com...
www.nme.com...

A little reminder of the awesome music they created:

edit on 19/6/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That sucks. DnB has been on a downward spiral for a while now.

Somehow my thirst for DnB can be quenched by some Dubstep, which a lot of artist are venturing into nowadays. linkin Park, Korn etc...

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

DnB is always good
Dub is too

Sorry to hear this, i enjoyed their tunes. I guess their music isn't really going anywhere

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ohh noo!!! Ffs!

Me love me pendulum! Who will fill the void?!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Wow. That sucks. I used to play a lot of pendulum tracks back when I was still spinning D&B.They definitely had Some of the heavier jungle anthems of that time period. Even when D&B was getting a little stale and predictable, they were able to bring an original sound without losing touch with the roots of the genre, perticularly those who preferred a banger specifically composed to blow the roof off any MainRoom. I mostly stick to dubstep/grime these days, but i will still drop "Tarantula" on occasion if I'm getting into a speedier drumstep kind of mix. Even picked up a dubstep remix of it, can't remember who remixed it though. IMO the "Master of Puppets/Slam" mix they played live is evidence of how versatile and thorough they are as musicians. I'm interested in seeing where they each go from here though. Sometimes splitting from a group can actually open up new avenues. Case and point, Skrillex. Still unfortunate that they're splitting though.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Ohh noo!!! Ffs!

Me love me pendulum! Who will fill the void?!

Knife Party! Same sound and Energy, In dubstep/electro format. Although I'm not so sure anyone could ever really replace Pendulum, even former members. Bangin Chunes non the less though. Picked up a couple of their tracks a while back on iTunes. Definately worth a listen.

top topics

join