It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kleenex tissues are designed to make your nose run more in order to use more tissues, sell more tiss

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Not sure about tissues, but I think something's up with Chapstick. Once you start using it, you can't stop or suffer the consequences.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
"Have you ever tried wiping your nose with a Puffs Plus brand tissue? If you have, you'll notice that the tissue's fibers are very loose. This contributes to softness, but it also causes the problem: a lot of the fibers will come undone from the tissue when you wipe with it, and when you inhale, you'll take a lot of them in. This puts foreign objects in your nose, making you want to blow them out. So you reach for your Puffs Plus to blow them out... and you use another tissue!"

The cycle perpetuates until you've used just about the entire box. More tissue sales.. Sick corporations they are!
edit on 18-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

At least you aren't claiming that a woman designed it therefore all Women need to stay at home and no longer work...

I think you're reaching here... Just because these companies make things cheaper does not a conspiracy make my fellow ATS'er..

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Not only that, but it's claimed as fact in the thread title but immediately switches to "er, I think...?" in the thread itself. Brilliant.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Once i get started
i can go through 4 kleenex
soaked wet top to bottom

especially after you sneeze .. its like water
at least we use kleenex .. i knew someone who used his finger all the time
so disgusting .. hate when people dont use kleenex or a tissu of some sort

Kleenex are not the cause .. humans do have a lot of mucus

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Then why do I go through an entire box of kleenex or puffs soft brand as it perpetually creates more mucus? Then for some reason if I blow my nose with paper towels, it's 3 - 4 blows at the most and I'm clear? I can use toilet tissue and blow 3 - 4 times and it's clear. The soft tissues with the paper dust, I go through an entire box until I use something else to get relief.
edit on 21-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Tissues made from paper....

paper made from wood....

my nose hurts if i use tissues gets all red and raw

i use hankies. (at least when u forget they are in your pocket and go in the washing machine, they stay in one piece)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Those higher ups have sunk to a new low with this..... seriously though, there is no conspiracy here. Perhaps part of the process to make them does not agree with you? Use toilet paper instead, you will have it in your house anyway which will save you money and that stuff can be so nasty that you will heal quicker to avoid using it again lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Then why do I go through an entire box of kleenex or puffs soft brand as it perpetually creates more mucus? Then for some reason if I blow my nose with paper towels, it's 3 - 4 blows at the most and I'm clear? I can use toilet tissue and blow 3 - 4 times and it's clear. The soft tissues with the paper dust, I go through an entire box until I use something else to get relief.

I dunno is it something like the ding in your car that you were so bent out of shape about? If so then again I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, seriously dude... get a life... there's no conspiracy here outside of your imagination...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

I dunno is it something like the ding in your car that you were so bent out of shape about? If so then again I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, seriously dude... get a life... there's no conspiracy here outside of your imagination...

I disagree and you're certainly welcome to not believe there is a conspiracy and since you don't you are also welcome to step out of this thread instead of stalking every thread of mine to attack me.

I am not the first person to feel this way.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Okay, admittedly old fart here................ gone, apparently, are the times when people had a dozen handkerchiefs and carried them and washed them and reused them. I admit that when I have the flu, I like a box of puffs, but day-to-day use........ give me a square of fabric to tuck into my back pocket -- good ol' cotton, none o' that polyester stuff that people make into head adornments, nope.

I don't doubt that there are fibers in kleenex that might be reactive toward a person with allergies. Hell, it seems like many of the common companies that made stuff when I was a kid have shifted toward a chemically-induced product. I don't doubt that it's a conspiracy, but sometimes I think we have to go backward to what worked long ago to progress.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join