It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kleenex tissues are designed to make your nose run more in order to use more tissues, sell more tiss

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Have any of you noticed the "soft" tissues by kleenex have a powdery substance they use to make them "softer?" I pull out a tissue from the box and I see the dust. I have been using these tissues for years and I could never figure out why I would go through almost an entire box with my morning allergies.. I believe this "soft" enhancement is being sold in order to cause dust in your nose and make you use more tissues. This allows the big corporation to sell more boxes of tissues.

I wish I could remember what tissues I tried recently while on vacations. Regular Scotts maybe?? There was none of this soft powdery dust and I used barely any of them with my morning allergies.
edit on 18-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

I noticed they were really dusty, so I switched to Puffs.

No problems. No conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That dust is just fine paper particles of it breaking down.
I prefer Scottie's . Kleenex is like sandpaper.
Guess today you need a few boxes

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Or you could just be allergic to an ingredient in the particular brand of tissue.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Not a conspiracy at all in my opinion. They make the paper softer by using finer fibers which are bound to make a dust. I'd just switch brands, soft doesn't make it better really, but I think people trade soft for just regular paper tissue because it feels well.. softer.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that the "white dust" is used as an additive to promote runny noses.

Just take a look at "soft" toilet paper. Same thing. Does this white dust also promote.. you know.. ??

Doubt it. But that doesn't rule out the possibility that it's meant to be absorbed. Nasal and rectal cavities absorb things into the bloodstream very effectively.

Who knows?
edit on 18-6-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: things

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoyMeetsWorldATS
I'm not convinced that the "white dust" is used as an additive to promote runny noses.

Just take a look at "soft" toilet paper. Same thing. Does this white dust also promote.. you know.. ??

Doubt it. But that doesn't rule out the possibility that it's meant to be absorbed. Nasal and rectal cavities absorb things into the bloodstream very effectively.

Who knows?
edit on 18-6-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: things

Well it might explain politicians! They all must use extra soft toilet paper!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

Well it might explain politicians! They all must use extra soft toilet paper!

Politicians spew nothing but verbal diarrhea, exactly!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I use the "farmer's kleenex" to avoid the chemical laced brainwash wipes.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Thanks for sharing.

The visual was engrossing.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
"Have you ever tried wiping your nose with a Puffs Plus brand tissue? If you have, you'll notice that the tissue's fibers are very loose. This contributes to softness, but it also causes the problem: a lot of the fibers will come undone from the tissue when you wipe with it, and when you inhale, you'll take a lot of them in. This puts foreign objects in your nose, making you want to blow them out. So you reach for your Puffs Plus to blow them out... and you use another tissue!"

The cycle perpetuates until you've used just about the entire box. More tissue sales.. Sick corporations they are!
edit on 18-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think this might also be a concern with TP as well.

Every so often after doing my thing. I finish up wiping with the TP.

When all of a sudden I have to go a second round.

Could it be that the TP is making me poop more so I use more TP?

OMG, thank you OP ......S&F

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My God, I'm in the Twilight Zone.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That's why you should use paper towels instead....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Don't remember the last time i bought a box of "tissues".
buy more paper to cover in waste and then toss in the trash? No thanks.
I use "real tissues" aka "hankies" / material that can be washed and used again-and again-and again..... lol

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sunbob

Uh OK

Are you sure you're in the right place?

I think you might be lost.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
My god, this is the king of all conspiracies.

BTW, not to nitpick, but you say: "Kleenex tissues are designed to make your nose run more in order to use more tissues", now if we were take that as true, then wouldn't using more tissues continue to make your nose run more, making you use more tissues, making your nose run more, ad infinitum, at which point you're now caught in a vicious cycle that would leave you drained of all bodily fluids?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
My god, this is the king of all conspiracies.

BTW, not to nitpick, but you say: "Kleenex tissues are designed to make your nose run more in order to use more tissues", now if we were take that as true, then wouldn't using more tissues continue to make your nose run more, making you use more tissues, making your nose run more, ad infinitum, at which point you're now caught in a vicious cycle that would leave you drained of all bodily fluids?

Precisely what it does to many people.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Use a paper towel...problem solved.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join