It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Says He Could Wage War on Iran Without Congress' Approval

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

To quote him directly (emphasis added):

I can assure you if I'm president, the Iranians will have no question but that I will be willing to take military action if necessary to prevent them from becoming a nuclear threat to the world. I don't believe at this stage, therefore, if I'm president that we need to have a war powers approval or special authorization for military force. The president has that capacity now. I understand that some in the Senate for instance have written letters to the president indicating you should know that a containment strategy is unacceptable. We cannot survive a course of action which would include a nuclear Iran we must be willing to take any and all actions.

All those actions must be on the table.

As Paul put it on the Senate floor:
Our Founding Fathers were quite concerned about giving the power to declare war to the Executive. They were quite concerned that the Executive could become like a king. Many in this body cannot get boots on ground fast enough in a variety of places, from Syria to Libya to Iran. We don't just send boots to war. We send our young Americans to war. Our young men and women, our soldiers, deserve thoughtful debate. Before sending our young men and women into combat, we should have a mature and thoughtful debate over the ramifications of and over the authorization of war and over the motives of the war. James Madison wrote that the Constitution supposes what history demonstrates. That the Executive is the branch most interested in war and most prone to it. The Constitution, therefore, with studied care vested that power in the Legislature.

Mitt Romney Says He Could Wage War on Iran Without Congress' Approval

I just wish all of these wars would stop. The only reason that the U.S. should send Americans to die should be in the preservation of America and the people residing there. We can attack Iran all day long for all I care if they are posing a substainsial risk to America, but for now there is only 'proof" of Iran working on peaceful nuclear projects.

I know there is plenty of speculation that Iran wants nuclear weapons, but there hasn't been any proof found. I think they are working on making nuclear weapons, but I don't think that is a reason to send Americans off to fight and die.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Of course he could!!! Didn't you get the memo that the United States Government now work for the Zionist Bankers??

If people think our government officials represent us any more, they are in for a very rude awakening! They are nothing more than slaves to the corporations and bankers, looking towards their NWO!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Like Obama bypassing Congress to grant amnesty to young illegal aliens?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Obama did it for attacks on Libya last year. I'm not supporting either side, I'm just sharing information

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Romney is the other side of the same coin as Obama. Our leaders on either side of the political spectrum have no respect to our Constitution or our laws. They are all for the Corporations and the Banksters. We need a complete overhaul of DC from the Congress on up.

No matter who is President, they will keep the warmongering going because the Elite want it. It doesnt matter what the people want and it hasnt for a long time. We as a country are screwed no matter who gets elected. Its a no-win situation for the people.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sounds like what he said on Face the Nation. I got the impression he had no problem turning the military loose on Iran on his say.

A bit scary.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Just like Bush, right?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well we know whats coming, if hes the chosen man by the system. Just like obomba or gw. Nothing changes, its the same gang in power. Left or right, repub or dem. It dosnt really matter who you vote into office. Its always the same gang.
The elusion of choice in the voting booth.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Look at Romney's face. He has crazy pope eyes. Then there is the white horse prophecy that he says he does not believe in. Right. We just may witness a president go drunk with power and have a totalitarian meltdown when Romney is president. I am going to need a lot more popcorn.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Like Obama bypassing Congress to grant amnesty to young illegal aliens?

And don't forget Libya. US knocked out the top nation in Africa under the spoof of NATO. Not to mention the fact that US is behind the entire arab shwing.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

So it's not ok for Obama to do it but it's ok for Romney?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Well we know whats coming, if hes the chosen man by the system. Just like obomba or gw. Nothing changes, its the same gang in power. Left or right, repub or dem. It dosnt really matter who you vote into office. Its always the same gang.
The elusion of choice in the voting booth.

Yup we are in for the same. The same selections by the same buyers. Hope people can finally start seeing this now. Or be lost to divide and conquer.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Congress submits to the highest bidder anyway.

We the people are not even a blip on the radar either way.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Agreed...meet the new boss, same as the old boss. It would be nice to actually get a choice for once.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Im sure he's already been buddy buddy with folks over at Lockheed Martin for years now. Hell, they've probably contributed millions to his Super PAC. Mitt will get the war machine rolling if Obama doesn't keep it rolling.

Someone is going to roll it. That's how America .....rolls?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I hope when Mr. Romney starts the next war that his sons are on the front lines leading the charge. Nope wont happen. They are too good for that.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

War mongering keeps lots of people employed and lines the elitest pockets with money. War is Win Win for Presidents on both sides. Blood money.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The old days, when the top man in the army took to the battlefield with his troops. Today, still glory, less guts.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Mitt Romney will be the first official president of the Slave States for Israel

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Mitt Romney is one of the biggest chicken hawks ever. He counter protested draft dodgers in college then went to France as a Mormon missionary. He got four deferments.

Preppy protester: The moment a 19-year-old Mitt Romney demonstrated in favour of Vietnam War draft

He disgusts me but I don't want another four years of Obama either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join