It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea "UFO" - Not so simple after all!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Despite the claims that it is "not a spaceship" and is a "Natural formation"... there appear to be a couple of indications that at least the latter of those claims may not be true.

Among the mysteries are the indications of construction lines and geometric shapes on it, it is not covered in silt, and there is a pillar holding it up that is 8 meters high.

See the comments below:

".....Even more odd for a seemingly natural formation, the main object is disc-shaped and “appears to have construction lines and boxes drawn on it,” Lindberg said. “There are also straight edges.”

"..... Adding to the mystery, there appears to be a pillar which is holding up the 200 foot wide object, said Lindberg. “The pillar is eight meters high,” he added."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
edit on 18-6-2012 by docpoco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I can't believe they are some numpties out there that think this is actually a giant mushroom!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oh good , I was just thinking there aren't enough threads on this Baltic Sea UFO we really need more .
I think its Noah's Ark from Mars and when we get inside the mysteries of the Universe will be revealed by a Holographic Martian ... jUst a thought .
Go Ocean X

'If an intelligent life form built a spaceship, why not make it out of stone or coral?'
- Peter Lindberg, the leader of the Ocean Explorer team

edit on 18-6-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add Quote

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
its obviously the drain plug to the ocean, seems pretty simple to me

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Oh good , I was just thinking there aren't enough threads on this Baltic Sea UFO we really need more .
I think its Noah's Ark from Mars and when we get inside the mysteries of the Universe will be revealed by a Holographic Martian ... jUst a thought .
Go Ocean X

Hey umm, just to let you in on the secret but this is a conspiracy theory forum and this story is the biggest thing to come around in a while and is quite fascinating, stop hating ATS for being ATS and add something positive to the threads if your gonna post, you have posted in every one of them after all, geez.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'd say a pillar pretty much precludes it from being a spacecraft, no?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

stop hating ATS for being ATS and add something positive to the threads if your gonna post

Hating the fact that this story has Sooooo many open threads on it does not equate to hating ATS .
Its a publicity stunt by Treasure hunters and we are just feeding the Hype .

'If an intelligent life form built a spaceship, why not make it out of stone or coral?'

What ever happened to Deny Ignorance

edit on 18-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
First let me get my UGH! out of the way about another one of these threads..

Ok now I will say I don't believe a word that comes out about this. They are enjoying the attention, and that is it.

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

If this is a real image (and I assume it is) it is quite strange. Also

Even more odd for a seemingly natural formation, the main object is disc-shaped and “appears to have construction lines and boxes drawn on it,” Lindberg said. “There are also straight edges.”

Pretty weird, surely? I'm still on the fence but this does seem like "something new" or possibly newsworthy.
edit on 18/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Go Ocean X

Hey umm, just to let you in on the secret but this is a conspiracy theory forum and this story is the biggest thing to come around in a while and is quite fascinating, stop hating ATS for being ATS and add something positive to the threads if your gonna post, you have posted in every one of them after all, geez.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

Its a totally stupid story and has NOTHING to do with aliens or UFOs. It shouldn't even be on this forum.
A bunch of rocks are "the biggest thing to come here for a while"? You've GOT to be kidding me.
I actually like the posts by the person you are criticizing because he/she seems to have some amount of common sense. Something that has been generally lacking here.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hating the fact that this story has Sooooo many open threads on it does not equate to hating ATS . Its a publicity stunt by Treasure hunters and we are just feeding the Hype .

I understand that is your opinion of what is happening there and I respect it although I and many others have differing opinions. I also understand your frustration about the subject matter appearing often because you view the whole situation as a non issue but again, many others don't share that same opinion, that leads to threads which leads hopefully to meaningful discussion.

The OP brought news sources forward I had not seen yet and were fresh so qualified as an update and probably worth being a thread in and of itself to comb over new data but that's debatable. My point is simply that I see threads and subject matter I don't care for all the time and what I usually do is just not post in them.

Now, all that said, I don't believe this is a hoax IMHO and I think there will be some things to take away from find but I also think it will remain a mystery since if it is anything other than a "natural formation" it would either change our belief system by telling us we are not alone in the Universe or it would fly in the face about what we know about the start of human civilizations.

Thing is, none of us know whats down there yet, we can speculate all day, we just don't know.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Its pretty simple, its not a "Ufo"... probably somethin formed before the sea risen

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

stop hating ATS for being ATS and add something positive to the threads if your gonna post

Hating the fact that this story has Sooooo many open threads on it does not equate to hating ATS .
Its a publicity stunt by Treasure hunters and we are just feeding the Hype .

What ever happened to Deny Ignorance

edit on 18-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

"Embrace the commonplace" should be the new slogan.
This is totally a publicity stunt, and they are just eating up every scintilla of publicity they can squeeze out of it.
I think their remark suggests that they are doing this as a gag - because its fun, and they probably even read this forum to get more ideas. They can see that people will believe anything they tell them. I think they are smarter than they seem in their latest press releases and are probably making fun of some of the wacko stuff they have been reading here and elsewhere.

So by all means, lets keep this stupid charade going because it is clearly providing them some entertainment and some notoriety.

A rock with a "runway"? What sort of spaceship needs a runway? Especially a spaceship made of rock, or coral.

edit on 18-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Go Ocean X

edit on 18-6-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add Quote

Have you noticed all the really incredibly detailed colored murals painted on it? They are done in a Mayan style. I think from reading the glyphs it says that the correct ending of the Mayan calendar is 12012, not 2012.

Unfortunately these murals can only be see in fourth density, so I guess a lot of people can't see them. I have remote viewed down the "egghole" and was surprised to see that Hans Solo is in fact still down there, with a couple of wookies. They are all in carbonite though.
edit on 18-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: Mayans are cool!

edit on 18-6-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You know if the research was being done by Americans, I'd say it was a publicity stunt. But its being done by Swedish researchers, and they're not so keen on trying to get any attention if you ask me. Well, probably not as much as the US ones would be anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Great minds my friend...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Of course, you left out the part where they said he said that comment with a smile on his face. And earlier in the article, where they admitted it was no spacecraft. Why people are so determined to make everyone out to be a hoaxer baffles me. They found an anomaly. They spent their time and money to go back and investigate. Good on them. They did more than most of the angsty whiners on this board who are so quick to mock everything and everyone, but never bother to do research of their own beyond cut 'n' paste and youtube.

They want to drum up interest in this because they possibly spent 10s of thousands of dollars on investigating it? Gee, what ruthless hucksters they are!

I've done a lot of diving, and I've certainly not seen anything like that. It's interesting. Typically it's hard to find anything, ever.. because it gets so quickly overgrown / silt covered /covered in coral or whatever else. I guarantee there are people in Florida that probably dive right over gold repeatedly, and never even realize it. I happen to find this interesting, even though I agree it probably belongs in another forum at this point.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This just in...

Famed archaeologist Henry Walton Jones will be heading up the investigation of the mysterious Baltic Sea Anomaly.

He is a very famous archaeologist that has been all over the world and has even sought after the famed Crystal Skulls and The Ark of the Covenant.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
In the beginning, since i followed this i already had some suspicions that this is a scam or hoax, but it becomes even more obvious.

Nusnus, funny how you say the team is not keen on getting any attention.

The team did ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to blow this "discovery" up beyond proportions. They made a facebook group/forum etc. which is nothing but ridiculous speculation.

The team UP TO THIS DATE, even after they were down there...did not say anything concrete what it could be or provide anything which could be considered "scientifc" or at least remotely help to really find out what it is.

A real scientific team would not use idiotic words repeatedly like "it's a mystery" "we are amazed", "we have no idea" and the countless other words used UP TO THIS DATE which only add more the already ridiculous speculations.

A real scientific team would have been gone down there and made pictures, multiple more sonar scans, providing facts *as far as possible*. Speculations would be held a minimum and instead they would simply find out what it is and THEN present their findings.

The team ... did NOTHING. Even now after the dive, the show a few pictures which basically say nothing or simply show some stones under water. Instead of having new images about their claims "mushroom shape", "geometrical lines etc"...we have NOTHING. Again, we only have words from this team but no real data.

As if this very unscientific approach is not enough:

* The team did not have an interest in waiting "patiently" with their find, re-imaging and exploring, but instead made a BIG media circus beforehand with all major news outlets involved. NO halfway sane researcher, even the most hardcore "ancient alien theory" researchers would do this.

----> To top this up, the FIRST finding of their ridiculous operation was published on the WORST tabloid newspaper i have ever seen..along with more empty words like "we dont know what it is"....." it is really a mystery", "we have more questions than answers" etc..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join