It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test your ignorance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
One very simply question:

Are you ignorant?

discussion

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Disappointing post.

You trollin?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalThought

Are you ignorant?

discussion

Ignorance (or witlessness) is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).[1] The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used as an insult. Ignoramus is commonly used in the US, the UK, and Ireland as a term for someone who is willfully ignorant.

[color=cyan]YES I AM[/COLOR] I try to learn so I wont be as much.
edit on 6/18/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

We are all ignorant to a certain degree, some more than others, most people are too much. Many people build their world around false beliefs and embrace ignorance without having to think, this is the main cause of the decay in society.

Its a strange question, everyone should be able to say yes because i believe its the truth how ignorant might be the real question.

link   
reply to post by LeTan

no sorry if you feel so.

link   
Absolutely

I'm

Ignorant.

Good thing

you can't

Get banned

For that

Or

Else

I would be

Screwed

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes and no. The 'I" who thinks he knows is always subject to ignorance, even of whether or not he is ignorant. The 'I' that was before this "thinking 'I'" cannot claim to know anything, and therefore cannot be said to be subject to ignorance.

So, yes and no.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Are you ignorant?

discussion

I don't know, as only an ignorant person would answer with Yes or No...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Are you ignorant?

discussion

Ignorance (or witlessness) is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge).[1] The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often used as an insult. Ignoramus is commonly used in the US, the UK, and Ireland as a term for someone who is willfully ignorant.

I would agree. But, how can an ignorant person deterime his or her own ignorance?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CesarO

We are all ignorant to a certain degree, some more than others, most people are too much. Many people build their world around false beliefs and embrace ignorance without having to think, this is the main cause of the decay in society.

Its a strange question, everyone should be able to say yes because i believe its the truth how ignorant might be the real question.

thats the paradox I run into. if we are ignorant we dont have the ability to determine that.

Even if use the measurement of degrees of ignorance, I am forced to ask myself if my measurement system is faulty?

Could it be that one cannot exist without the other? I am ignorant but I am also al knowing>

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Yes and no. The 'I" who thinks he knows is always subject to ignorance, even of whether or not he is ignorant. The 'I' that was before this "thinking 'I'" cannot claim to know anything, and therefore cannot be said to be subject to ignorance.

So, yes and no.

because he doesnt have the knowledge to be ignorant of...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Are you ignorant?

discussion

I would agree. But, how can an ignorant person deterime his or her own ignorance?

I would say by accepting and acknlowledging with a humble heart that only THE CREATOR KNOWS ALL AND I AM BUT A CREATION STILL LEARNING???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

would that person have the ability to even determine that far? that he doesn't know wether he is ignorant or not.

I would think the ignorant would never question themselves.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Are you ignorant?

discussion

I would say by accepting and acknowledging with a humble heart that only THE CREATOR KNOWS ALL AND I AM BUT A CREATION STILL LEARNING???

Thats interesting, so you are saying that the belief in something higher, more advance, this creator or godhead would make you realize your own ignorance?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
A wise man knows exactly how little he knows.

We are all ignorant.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Are you ignorant?

discussion

I would say by accepting and acknowledging with a humble heart that only THE CREATOR KNOWS ALL AND I AM BUT A CREATION STILL LEARNING???

Thats interesting, so you are saying that the belief in something higher, more advance, this creator or godhead would make you realize your own ignorance?

This is just 1 of many ways to self verify 1z own ignorance on a subject like KNOWING ALL. A more simple example would be to say I am unaware of various parts of what is considered reality but some parts I am aware of. Being ignorant allows you space to LEARN for I dont think there is ANY that can SUBJECTIVLY EXPLAIN ALL* So its not a belief YOU were created even if AI unless you can create yourself?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

"ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."-Charles Darwin

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

this is an issue, what one must force others to accept being ignorants to refrain their conscious expressions expansions in meaning knowing everything
the right point is everything, not conscious rights

noone accept the right premise abstraction of knowledge, when a thing is known, the objective value is the thing and not the knower means or limited reality with

only the thing then is certain since it is pointed existing by smthg else existing too

so here for instance, u call ignorance, the result coming must b smthg that cant b defined while recognized more clearly existing when ignorance is faced
while u r calling ignorance to mean individuals true knowledge

ur logics is flawed all seem really too much for a dead end

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Are you ignorant?

discussion

I don't know, as only an ignorant person would answer with Yes or No...

"yo!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join