It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Needs To Get Out - You MUST See This - China's Deep Water Horizon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+100 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hi All,

I work in the marine industry and I occasionally get some emails that are what you might term (not mainstream media worthy)…when in fact they are.

Today I received an email about a pipeline rupture in China. I have NOT seen any of these pictures or heard anything on the news about this. To my knowledge, this occurred a couple of weeks ago and is still on going.

IMO this puts BP’s Deep Water Horizon to shame. This information needs to get out; it is crazy that this has not received the same attention.

I am trying to verify this from other sites but I can’t from work as all websites that are owned by China are blocked in my company (and I’m at work). Maybe some of you can help here and spread this.
There are quite a few pictures below.

Are our Ipods, PSP’s and Xboxes worth destroying our planet? What are we doing?

(To Mods: This isnt about Peak Oil or Deep Water Horizon which is why i put it in this forum)

May our children and grandchildren forgive us for what we are doing to our planet...

Please pray for these people and all affected by it...

edit on 18/6/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
My God - what the hell is going on there??????

Wheres MSN??????

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Shocking photos!!
Why aren't people being told about this??

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
this is so messed up, what in the world is going on over there?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
My god that makes me ill! China is one of the most censored countries in the world, it's not a surprise this isn't all over the news. This does need to spread though and quickly! Have you submitted these to any western media outlets?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Clearly some enormous Oil Well explosion - where is it exactly??? Do you know?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jar11

Not yet, i am at work and cant do anything at the moment. If any of you can, please do!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Did this not happen in 2010? July? It was the city of Dalian, China. Two pipelines exploded I think. I am sure this is an old story.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Necro69uk

Did this not happen in 2010? July? It was the city of Dalian, China. Two pipelines exploded I think. I am sure this is an old story.

I'm not sure, if that can be verified, please post some links! I'd like to think this isnt going on just now...

link   
I am fairly sure I have seen these pics over 12 months ago, not that makes it any better, but this is old news.

+12 more 
link   
Apparently this happened in 2010...

www.cbsnews.com...

This is why we didn't hear about it...

BP’s Gulf spill is getting all the press, but China’s pipeline blast in a northern port famous for its beaches is almost as scary. Dan Levin reports on workers cleaning oil with their bare hands, the media clampdown, and more...

China's Own Oil Disaster

edit on 6/18/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

This is obviously a new spill you are talking about?

The spill you have linked was reported in many MSM outlets and happened in 2010...

21 July 2010

China is boosting effort to clean up a major oil slick off its north-east coast, following a pipeline explosion.

There are growing fears that strong winds have dispersed the pollution more widely than previously thought.

The environmental group Greenpeace told the BBC the oil was up to 20cm thick along parts of the coast near the city of Dalian.

Shipments of oil from the north to the industrial belt in the south have been disrupted since the accident.

At least one person has died during the clean-up operation, after being thrown from a ship by waves and drowning in the oil.

"Within 2km of radius of the disaster, the smell of petrol is very strong”

Zhong Yu Greenpeace

The oil spilled into the sea in north-east China after two pipelines exploded on Friday night, resulting in a fierce fire.

Officials say an area of ocean covering 430 sq km (165 sq miles) is now polluted - oil-eating bacteria and oil-skimming vessels are being deployed to remove the slick, which Greenpeace says is China's worst in recent memory.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Can you give any more information about the newer spill you are mentioning such as when it happened, where etc as I cannot find anything about this anywhere as you are saying?

If it is not a new one, by the sounds of it the email you received must be speaking about this one maybe?

edit on 18-6-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well this is certainly very intriguing and concerning news, however I'm going to hold back on flagging this thread until we can confirm whether this is new or old news, because this thread has already got a lot of flags, which may be flags for an old story...
edit on 18/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Pictures taken by Greenpeace on July the 21st 2010 and released on July the 22nd 2010...

"http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/alleyes/2010/07/china-oil.html"

No further comments...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It might have been two years ago, but for some people it is brand new news. Everything at that time was about BP, this looks like it could have been worse than that...

Thanks op for bringing this to light, new or old

I for one never knew this happened, maybe we can find updates? We know at the gulf, seafood is no longer just seafood, so whats it looking like there in china two years later?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This absolute mayhem going on over there! I'm gonna post this ASAP on Facebook, Twitter, and everything else I can think of, Yahoo Answers and hotmail, AOL and everything! Of course I will link back here, since I've been waiting for a good example to show everybody how ATS always gets the story way before the MSN. I wanted to wait for a good story, a big one, before I opened up to all my friends and family about ATS and trying to wake them up. So thanks, snf for the op, and in my fb, Twitter, etc posts I will include along with a link back here, a special thank you to our "ats insider" who gave us this scoop, possibly risking his or her own safety to do so! Ok I'm gonna go now, got lots of work to do! I've been waiting a long time for this day! And I'll be damned if I'm gonna let the MSN beat me to it!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
This absolute mayhem going on over there! I'm gonna post this ASAP on Facebook, Twitter, and everything else I can think of, Yahoo Answers and hotmail, AOL and everything! Of course I will link back here, since I've been waiting for a good example to show everybody how ATS always gets the story way before the MSN. I wanted to wait for a good story, a big one, before I opened up to all my friends and family about ATS and trying to wake them up. So thanks, snf for the op, and in my fb, Twitter, etc posts I will include along with a link back here, a special thank you to our "ats insider" who gave us this scoop, possibly risking his or her own safety to do so! Ok I'm gonna go now, got lots of work to do! I've been waiting a long time for this day! And I'll be damned if I'm gonna let the MSN beat me to it!

Didn't you read the above posts? Like this one? It is a story from 2010. Hopefully you didn't begin your plan to spread the news yet.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
And people are wondering why the fish and birds are dying??? Even if, it was two years ago. How many of these spills have happened in the last two years. Certainly would explain a lot of current events. Is the human race seriously this stupid. We have NATURAL sources for light and heat and cars, why is it taking so long to put them to use everyday.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Jesus... we deserve what we get...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join