It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird lights/UFOs????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've witnessed strange lights/flying objects in the sky since I was around 13, countless times. I've seen some up close but of late all of them seem to be using the same flight path. I've taken four videos (uploaded 3 of poor quality, Iphone and Nokia N8), I need some input on this, it's bothering me now. These are not planes or helicopters or Chinese lanterns.

I shot this on my Iphone about 2 hours ago (Crappy internet, takes an hour to upload), I went out for a smoke and it hovered in the same spot for about 10mins. I didn't think my camera would capture it:

Sorry for the bad quality, Youtube makes it even worse. It disappears for a few seconds and brightens up, please watch the whole video before you comment. Not trolling at all, I'll try get a better shot with an HD camera the next time around. (Watch the highest 'light' in the video)

From my introduction thread that was closed:

Hey there, new to ATS. Not much to say about myself but I live in Africa and have been here for several years. I've noticed a lot of strange phenomena including strange lights and what can be described as UFO's. I've witnessed such objects for over 10 years now, changing colors/size and even shape.
Military technology is definitely out of the question. Here are two videos I've shot, one shot with a nokia n8 and the second with an iphone 4s, I can't edit the files as my laptop keeps crashing while converting videos. Sorry about posting this in my introduction thread but I just had to share it. If anyone wants me to send them the videos let me know.

Nokia N8:

Iphone 4s:

edit on 17-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
From the first video it looks like street lamps to me. A picture from the same spot in the daylight can clear up everything.

StringTh

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

Watch the highest light in the first video, all the other lights are street lights and houses/apartments. Will upload a pic during the day for a comparison. Watch the second and third video as well please.

Here you go:

edit on 17-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: Added picture

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Thanks for that picture. I saw the second and third video as well. The second is really difficult to say, I would have said a helicopter very far away with search lights on. The third is more interesting but I think these are helicopters. But that's just me.

Thanks for sharing.
StringTh

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

I doubt these are choppers, we hardly have any around here and I would be able to hear them. Especially choppers hovering in the same spot for up to 2 hours at times. It's difficult to approximate the distance but it must be less than a mile away.

Edit: I've seen them change color as well, white, orange, blue and green.
edit on 17-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Ya should have a forom UFO withness only would cut down on the fake
S & F

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

I've charged up one of my other cameras just in case, It's so common I see one every week. I remember telling my friends about it and they couldn't stop laughing, so I invited them over and I remember we saw one turn really really (5 times brighter than the third video) bright orange and go white again. Sometimes you have to see things to believe them.

edit: If I said I was Jesus everyone would be on this thread, this one is just being ignored and it's one of the few that has video that was shot by the OP.
edit on 23-6-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

post by DeadSnow
this one is just being ignored and it's one of the few that has video that was shot by the OP.

As you admitted yourself the quality is pretty poor so its difficult to tell what we are looking at .
Could you give us more information like where are you , town , city name would help .
Could you tell me what is the light source to the right of the UFO 3 video .
Could you post a daytime picture with a clearer view ... no mist would be helpful .

Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I'm in East Africa at the moment. I won't say anymore. The bright light on the right side of the video is a spot/flood light for security reasons (You can see it clearly in the first video and the third video, to the right of the satellite dish in the picture)..

I will post a clear picture as soon as possible but I ensure you they're no hills nearby, just a small slope and a river 300m away, my balcony over looks the valley. The time in the first video was approximately 12:30am, second video was around 2:00 am and the third was 7:00pm.

edit: Yes the videos are poor quality but at least it's not just word of mouth like most of the other threads, I have another camera but it's only 12mp so I will try shoot with that the next time around. I'll gladly answer any further questions.

Just took this right now:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'm in East Africa at the moment. I won't say anymore.

Yet you have on your youtube channel

My feeling is the lights are probably planes from the ..... ..... International Airport (blanks to respect your wishes) , without a better knowledge of your location its impossible to say anymore .

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The airport is 30km away so the landing gear cannot be out. The reason my Youtube channel says American Samoa is because I had to create a profile just to upload the videos on. I'm not one to upload videos other than the ones I'll be posting on ATS. I can also hear the planes and helicopters, Let me check my HD and see if I have any videos of a plane.

You need to watch this in full screen and look at the center of the video you'll see a plane with it's lights flashing. No small aircraft fly around here only international and large regional planes. At 1 second you see a light flash, it's a car on the highway. Sorry the video is sideways!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hey Snow, thanks for the message. I think you might have captured something...what do you think the nature of these UFO's are? Extra-terrestrial, extra-dimensional, other????

East Africa huh? Nice scenery...I've never talked to anyone from Africa or that has even visited Africa. Feel free to message me at anytime if there is something that you don't want discussed on a thread.

Later.

Lambs.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
Hey Snow, thanks for the message. I think you might have captured something...what do you think the nature of these UFO's are? Extra-terrestrial, extra-dimensional, other????

East Africa huh? Nice scenery...I've never talked to anyone from Africa or that has even visited Africa. Feel free to message me at anytime if there is something that you don't want discussed on a thread.

Later.

Lambs.

I actually want to believe these are terrestrial flown but the military technology here is outdated by at least 30 years. At times the objects seem to be translucent, they look more like orbs of energy. I'm still trying to upload the file but the upload keeps failing.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
couldnt say what your seeing here sorry
do you see anything up there threw the day?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I think the earliest I've seen one of these during the day has to be around 4pm.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

if you can get some daytme footage with a camera with zoom capabilities we would have a better judgement

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Daytime footage is worse like I said the objects look translucent. In the second video I had zoomed in all the way but the light they emit is too bright to make out any shape. I'll try use binoculars like suggested.

top topics

join