It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomatoes are “Christian” Honest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
nowlebanon.com...

A Salafist group called the Popular Egyptian Islamic Association has come under fire after sending out a warning on Facebook urging its followers not to eat tomatoes because the vegetable (or fruit) is a Christian food.

The group posted a photo on its page of a tomato - which appears to reveal the shape of a cross after being cut in half – along with the message: “Eating tomatoes is forbidden because they are Christian. [The tomato] praises the cross instead of Allah and says that Allah is three (a reference to the Trinity).

[God help us]. I implore you to spread this photo because there is a sister from Palestine who saw the prophet of Allah [Mohammad] in a vision and he was crying, warning his nation against eating them [tomatoes]. If you don’t spread this [message], know that it is the devil who stopped you.”

Yeah... no.

Predictably, Facebook users expressed outrage over the post, which prompted the group to clarify its stance on the controversy with the update, “We didn’t say you can’t eat tomatoes. We said don’t cut it in [such a way that reveals] the cross shape.”

www.facebook.com...

Just posting this because I think it is funny, no matter how ya slice it.
har har

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

this ones an, angel.

OMG I am 62 years old and I have never noticed what a tomato looks like sliced, what's wrong with me?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
How to slice a tomato

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
When you cut anything in half it's called a "cross" section.

If they knew this knives would be banned.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

OH, I never thought of that either.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ok. Yea this made me laugh.

I love tomatoes and I have two awesome plants out back. I have about 2 dozen tomatoes right now that are starting to ripen. I will cut them in this exact shape later when I finish my stroganoff.

I never noticed a cross in my tomato cutting adventures before and I still don't see one. All I see are seeds lol. People really are wacky over the silliest of things. I wish people spent more of their energy on more important things than what religious image one sees in a tomato or a piece of bread.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I guess when wrtting they should avoid the use of lower case t as well. It scares me to death to know there are large groups of people who actually "think" this way. If you spread your arms out paralel with your shoulders you are a cross. You should avoid that too or you will not get ur virgins.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Ok. Yea this made me laugh.

I love tomatoes and I have two awesome plants out back. I have about 2 dozen tomatoes right now that are starting to ripen. I will cut them in this exact shape later when I finish my stroganoff.

I never noticed a cross in my tomato cutting adventures before and I still don't see one. All I see are seeds lol. People really are wacky over the silliest of things. I wish people spent more of their energy on more important things than what religious image one sees in a tomato or a piece of bread.

total agreement. except i hate tomatoes.
it sounds like something you'd make up if you were writing a comedy script where the antagonists are comically out of touch religious fundies.

but it's IRL FTW!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
I guess when wrtting they should avoid the use of lower case t as well. It scares me to death to know there are large groups of people who actually "think" this way. If you spread your arms out paralel with your shoulders you are a cross. You should avoid that too or you will not get ur virgins.

once again it is proven that the masses are a$$!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
SIGH, another irrational religious lunatic superstition.

Whats NEXT from them I wonder.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Honestly, it's so hate-filled and moronic you don't know whether to laugh or cry.. Or well, let them take out the asinine hatred on the innocent and lovely tomato. Maybe it will spare some humans.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So, does this mean if I send them these images they will never drive through a four-corner intersection, build anything with straight edges, or put out a fire?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Irrational association due to a religious foundation which believes in magic, essentially. This is psychology, folks and a good reason to never go to church.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's kind of like that lady in front of me at the store who had to buy an additional pack of gum because her total came to $66.60... Silly superstitions!

I bet they don't eat grilled cheese sandwiches, either...

Grilled Chesus:

Much less grilled cheese WITH tomatoes! Double sacrilege!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What about tomato juice ?

Sneaky Christians !

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Crazy Salafis ...
How can anyone believe this type of crap ? Is this even true ?

Because this must be some kind if joke(funny)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

They should also ban Crossing the street, Crossbows , Crossword Puzzles , Crossfire during gun battles/fights , and anything else that has the word cross in it or deals with a cross.

Will they band windows from being made with a cross frame ?

I'm not even christian , but this is just stupid.

Because some idiot believes some other idiot who made up seeing a vision, everybody is supposed to believe the possible lies of one random guy ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

No knives would mean no box cutters... no box cutters would mean...

YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED 9/11

If only we had used religious dogma for national security, we could have changed history.

top topics

join