It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God Conspiracy on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

I just went to post on a thread to find out the mods closed it as they thought the OP was generally just taking the piss out of God. Personally I thought the coorelation between the Snow White story and bible stories was interesting.

My question is to the mods- how is it we can have umpteen threads on a God on this board that have absolutely nothing to do with a conspiracy? NOTHING.
All it is is PREACHING.
Is this a preaching forum- no.
Is this a conspiracy forum- yes.

Im so sick of seeing bull# god threads. and I would assume other people are too.

A bit of fairness please!

So basically, you're bitching because you didn't get your chance to "take the piss" out of God? Don't worry sister, there are plenty of other threads for you to spew in.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Im so sick of seeing bull# god threads. and I would assume other people are too.

When the world is going to hell in a hand basket, it is no wonder you see people coming forward with what they believe is the solution to the worlds ills. Just as athiests see religion as the source of the worlds problems and thus constantly go to the religious threads to argue against them, so too religious folk go to other threads and preach.

Each is doing what they feel in their heart is to do.

Who is right?

That question IS the source of the worlds ills. Worrying about who is right rather than just letting each be.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

I don't really know much about the thread you are talking about in general, but to answer the "Why are there so many non-conspiracy religion threads?" is because not all forums on this site are Conspiracy Theory-oriented. There is just a plain religion/faith/spirituality forum. A place where people of faith can discuss things (and anti-religion trolls can come on and make pointless comments).

I don't know why Mods closed that thread, but I fail to see the connection you are trying to make.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Oh, and on that thread, the Moderator explained why he closed the thread:

"As this thread is nothing but a troll attempt at not really aimed at serious discussion from the outset...

Closed."

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by EnochWasRight

God loves and gives. The Pagan God takes and hates.

Can you prove either of those statements? Because for one thing, you have no idea of anything Pagan save for what some preacher told you, and know nothing of the OT Gods ways and evil things he did to his people.
Here is a good place to start learning about just how evil your God really is:
Bible Atrocities List

How many has the Christian God killed?

I have a great deal more, if you are the least interested is researching your religion, but I doubt you would ever question anything like that, would you now? May I humbly suggest you post every bad thing Pagans have done over the years, and how many humans have been killed because the Pagan Gods and Goddesses ordered it?

My background comes from a study of both schools. The Pagan religion has always stood against God and for Pride. Pride raises above others, even God. Love cannot rise above anyone because the other person is always put first. In this kingdom, where love is first, there is no need for law. The self-goverened are always protected from the lawless thieves. Since God stands on the side of law and love, those who stand against are corrected. It does no good to judge God. He said, "You must be born again." Death is only the next new beginning from God. He knows our future.

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

We see our souls as our property. We see now. God sees our future. Faith requires trust. We are children of God until we are no longer children.

1 Corinthians 13

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Fathers Day is a good time to reflect on such a relationship.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
My background comes from a study of both schools. The Pagan religion has always stood against God and for Pride. Pride raises above others, even God. Love cannot rise above anyone because the other person is always put first. In this kingdom, where love is first, there is no need for law. The self-goverened are always protected from the lawless thieves. Since God stands on the side of law and love, those who stand against are corrected. It does no good to judge God. He said, "You must be born again." Death is only the next new beginning from God. He knows our future.

Your argument is confusing. There is no "Pagan" religion. Pagan was a word used to denigrate those who would not convert to Catholicism after Constantine made it the official religion of the Empire. "Pagans" were those considered uneducated for holding onto their tribal beliefs. The word literally means "country dweller".

Then you say where there is love first there is no need for law, yet God stands on the side of Law??

Is there Law or not?

Love cannot rise above anyone, then who has the right to create Law which others must abide by?

If Pride raises above others, then isn't it pride which drives one to strip another of their own self-governance?

If Love is greater than Law, then how can their be thieves? Wouldn't one give the thief what ever he wanted, since it is the raising of another over one self? The other person IS put first by your words.

edit on 17-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TTAA2012

I just went to post on a thread to find out the mods closed it as they thought the OP was generally just taking the piss out of God. Personally I thought the coorelation between the Snow White story and bible stories was interesting.

My question is to the mods- how is it we can have umpteen threads on a God on this board that have absolutely nothing to do with a conspiracy? NOTHING.
All it is is PREACHING.
Is this a preaching forum- no.
Is this a conspiracy forum- yes.

So basically, you're bitching because you didn't get your chance to "take the piss" out of God? Don't worry sister, there are plenty of other threads for you to spew in.

Example 1:

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

God loves and gives. The Pagan God takes and hates.

Can you prove either of those statements? Because for one thing, you have no idea of anything Pagan save for what some preacher told you, and know nothing of the OT Gods ways and evil things he did to his people.
Here is a good place to start learning about just how evil your God really is:
Bible Atrocities List

How many has the Christian God killed?

I have a great deal more, if you are the least interested is researching your religion, but I doubt you would ever question anything like that, would you now? May I humbly suggest you post every bad thing Pagans have done over the years, and how many humans have been killed because the Pagan Gods and Goddesses ordered it?

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

We see our souls as our property. We see now. God sees our future. Faith requires trust. We are children of God until we are no longer children.

1 Corinthians 13

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Fathers Day is a good time to reflect on such a relationship.

Now I know this thread is about religion but this type of post will appear almost ANYWHERE on this site regardless of the topic.

Nearly every time I read a thread about aliens, someone barges in and posts scripture after scripture, quotes everyone, telling that person to "read x chapter verse x of __so they can understand what's 'really' going on". It's annoying. I understand relating something to something and having a little debate over the subject, while linking it to their religion and explaining their position and what it has to do with their religion, but when the MAJORITY of their post is scripture and dogma and they FAIL to explain ANYTHING that they post. It ruins the entire meaning of Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The Pagan religion has always stood against God and for Pride.

That statement right there proves you wrong. Pride is something Wiccans do not have, and we all are filled with love from the Goddess.

In this kingdom, where love is first, there is no need for law.

We don't believe in "Kings" either, so a kingdom is plain out of the question. Wiccans do NOT believe in hurting people, taking drugs, killing animals, telling lies, doing sexually perversive acts, drinking animal’s blood, stealing, summoning demons (they don’t believe in demons) or performing Black magic. Wiccans don’t believe in the devil, and view him as only an element of the Christian religion.
Wicca is an attractive religion, because it portrays a strong moral code, promises Peace and Harmony with the Universe and offers its followers the ability to tap into a Supernatural source of power to be used for the benefit of mankind. It is a nature based religion, and Wiccans/Pagans believe that they are tapping into an energy source that is naturally occurring in the world around us, and merely needs to be channelled in the right direction. This explains why it is said to be the fastest growing religion among high school and college students and why even many adults from all walks of life are now turning Wicca in favor of the book variety of religions.

Next time you feel like basing Pagans and Wiccans like that, surf on over here, and learn a few things.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Next time you feel like basing Pagans and Wiccans like that, surf on over here, and learn a few things.

Sir, are you the Pope of Wicca?

I only ask because I have enjoyed a coven or two and what you say is not my observation. While they have a decent moral code mapped out in the Wiccan Rede, few, yes few, adhere to it at heart. They have their own infighting as one Priest/Priestess or Prophet/Prophetess vies for the control of the coven over the others. They claim to not believe in the devil, yet fear Christians as if they were Lucifer himself. Not without good reason of course. Furthermore, cohesion between covens is non-existent. Thanks to writers Like Raymond Buckland, self initiations became all the fad. Witches were born by the dozens from a book store. Traditions were created from any fantasy tale wrote down. Truth be told, I find them no different any other religion. Creators of expectations Mankind can not live up to.

I find these labels irrelevant. Let each man stand on his own and come out from the need to fit into a group.

What are you? Lab Rats chasing the scent of cheese? Be who you are, let the labelers be damned.

edit on 18-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

well I maybe wouldn't have posted but I would have liked to read the rest of the thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife

When the world is going to hell in a hand basket, it is no wonder you see people coming forward with what they believe is the solution to the worlds ills. Just as athiests see religion as the source of the worlds problems and thus constantly go to the religious threads to argue against them, so too religious folk go to other threads and preach.

Each is doing what they feel in their heart is to do.

Who is right?

That question IS the source of the worlds ills. Worrying about who is right rather than just letting each be.

well I will agree the world is going to hell in a basket but I live in hope.

and I would agree that the fundie right can't mind their own business, their god is the answer for everyone.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
Oh, and on that thread, the Moderator explained why he closed the thread:

"As this thread is nothing but a troll attempt at not really aimed at serious discussion from the outset...

Closed."

see that's just rich that is!

-fairness please.

Most every god thread I see is a) attempting to shove a god down your throat and or b) an attempt to piss off non religious folk.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Now I know this thread is about religion but this type of post will appear almost ANYWHERE on this site regardless of the topic. Nearly every time I read a thread about aliens, someone barges in and posts scripture after scripture, quotes everyone, telling that person to "read x chapter verse x of __so they can understand what's 'really' going on". It's annoying. I understand relating something to something and having a little debate over the subject, while linking it to their religion and explaining their position and what it has to do with their religion, but when the MAJORITY of their post is scripture and dogma and they FAIL to explain ANYTHING that they post. It ruins the entire meaning of Deny Ignorance.

Enough said.

Its beyond annoying, someone starts a great thread ie on our solar system and before you know it everyone is being told god made the whole thing and we should all adhere to his laws, blah blah blah, verses from the bible and the whole shabang.
Then the thread is lost to in house bickering.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

and I would agree that the fundie right can't mind their own business, their god is the answer for everyone.

Objectively, it has been my observation that no one can mind their own business.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The most customers are the christians

Something the ATS can't loose

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join