It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea UFO is a giant mushroom.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I hope this hasn't been posted already although I could not find it in a search.

Baltic Sea UFO Turns Out to Be a Giant Mushroom

Photos of Mysterious UFO-Shaped Object Sunk In Baltic Sea

Please do remove or redirect if there is already a thread. Like I said I did use the best search engine on the internet and came up with nada.

Apparently researchers and divers have decided the saucer shaped anomaly at the bottom of the Baltic Sea is some sort of organic growth, most likely a giant mushroom formation.

They hacked a chunk off for analysis anyway. Here is a video from youtube posted recently detailing the dive and what findings they have so far. The video is subtitled but you have to expand full screen width to read it and even then.... it is kind of difficult to read.

Published on Jun 16, 2012 by JDQuantum *ENGLISH SUBTITLES* - STOCKHOLM, Sweden, June 15, 2012 - The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before. First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges.

edit on 16-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well now I am totally disappointed.

Got me all hyped up for nothing.

If it really is a mushroom, then why can't they just cut into it and bring a sample back to figure it out?
edit on 16-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You're dissapointed by a large underwater fungai that until now, nothing like this has been seen? Wow, entertainment sure has ruined people's ability to enjoy scientific finds.

This is beyond inctredible. Nothing like this (other than mycelium roots) have been found like this. However, until further testing, dives and videos are done/released, it could still be a rock formation under a small layer of living plant matter.
edit on 16-6-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

then why can't they just cut into it and bring a sample back to figure it out?

Did you even read the part where the OP said "they hacked a chunk off for analysis anyway"?

And this is highly intriguing, I can't believe there's some sort of huge mushroom growing at the bottom of the Baltic. Sheesh your posts are getting more and more gloomy every single day. Stop hating on everything.
edit on 16/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe it's an alien mushroom.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Is it edible??????

Love mushrooms.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That's even more incredible (if true) than it being a crashed alien spacehip. A giant underwater mushroom? A massive and hitherto unsuspected organism?

Maybe it IS an alien?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Is it edible??????

Love mushrooms.

What?!?

the greatest discovery ever and you want to .........EAT IT?

We're talking alien fungi here!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Like most bottom dwelling creatures it's probably delicious with some garlic butter.

I like a nice mushroom with my food.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Well now I am totally disappointed.

Got me all hyped up for nothing.

If it really is a mushroom, then why can't they just cut into it and bring a sample back to figure it out?
edit on 16-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I don't mind saying I am a little let down too. I had SO hoped this was a retrievable spacecraft that I was already trying to guess the make and model. In fact I thought it was exactly the same as the alien craft shown to Dorothy Isatt in a thread here on ATS like ...yesterday.

Mushrooms are cool too though and this is a big 'un! This is the barrier reef of mushrooms...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
AHHHHHHHHHHH its a spaceship using fungi as a cloaking device. Run for your lives!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Its stone ( maybe sandstone) that's mushroom shaped in appearance , it is not a giant mushroom .
Once again they release nondescript pictures of the thing to keep you all sucked in and retain an air of mystery over what is at the end of the day a rock or a collection of rocks .

What I can't work out is why this is still being posted in the Aliens and UFOs forum as we now know its neither Alien or a UFO .

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
You're dissapointed by a large underwater fungai that until now, nothing like this has been seen? Wow, entertainment sure has ruined people's ability to enjoy scientific finds.

This is beyond inctredible. Nothing like this (other than mycelium roots) have been found like this. However, until further testing, dives and videos are done/released, it could still be a rock formation under a small layer of living plant matter.
edit on 16-6-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

I don't know...They think it is some kind of a mushroom colony already and took some of it. You can't really hack off a piece of rock like they did with this. I am a little disturbed they started hacking into it myself. Seems a little rash and hasty.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Is it edible??????

Love mushrooms.

What?!?

the greatest discovery ever and you want to .........EAT IT?

We're talking alien fungi here!

Yes. When I heard they were hacking off a piece of the "rock formation", I thought, "My god! They are going to start an inter-galactic war!"

However, I would have to say, that if they have found a new species, or even just a giant growth of some already known species, it might be considered a significant find.

If this turns out to be a new, unknown organic growth, it might be something like this growth found in a freshwater lake in BC:
Pavilion Lake

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Its stone ( maybe sandstone) that's mushroom shaped in appearance , it is not a giant mushroom .
Once again they release nondescript pictures of the thing to keep you all sucked in and retain an air of mystery over what is at the end of the day a rock or a collection of rocks .

What I can't work out is why this is still being posted in the Aliens and UFOs forum as we now know its neither Alien or a UFO .

Try to wrap your head around it.
Most people know this as the Millennium Falcon Baltic Sea UFO, everything else on it has been posted here in UFO's, it is where I looked to find the story covered on ATS and though it may be incorrectly placed here, until mods move it, I can't move it for you. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Did you read the story? They are already fairly sure it is a colony of mushroom and open to the possibility it is resting on a rock formation. I think the scientific team are familiar with a rock if not a gigantic 'shroom. I am not sure why no one is guessing coral?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Sandstone you can, limestone you can. (However lime stone cant persist under water, but sandstone can.) Clay deposites may also have the illusion of fleshyness of organic life. Like I said, more testing, video and analyse is needed before I side on anything other than rock formation.

The fact its still under a UFO title is why I claim not to know.

link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by cavalryscout

Like most bottom dwelling creatures it's probably delicious with some garlic butter.

I like a nice mushroom with my food.

You know that the grey's diet consists entirely of some type of fungi or mushroom. Maybe this is an "alien garden"!!!

link   
Maybe its some huge kind of (calcified) sponge. But what about the sandstone rock they are talking about?
I dont get it: is it organic or is it rock?

Can it be a meteorite?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

I was unaware you're on the dive team that investigated this! Are you in the video above? Which one are you? You mentioned in any of the articles? I only ask because you speak as though you were on board and know these interesting details as fact. Do you?

They think it is something like a mushroom formation clinging TO the under laying rock. I think it might even be coral. I don't pretend to know though. I could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

Sandstone you can, limestone you can. (However lime stone cant persist under water, but sandstone can.) Clay deposites may also have the illusion of fleshyness of organic life. Like I said, more testing, video and analyse is needed before I side on anything other than rock formation.

The fact its still under a UFO title is why I claim not to know.

Already answered.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join