It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inge Marler, Arkansas Tea Party Leader, Resigns After Racist Joke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

he head of a Tea Party group in north-central Arkansas said a group leader who told a racist joke at a rally last week stepped down.

Richard Caster, the founder of the Ozark Tea Party, told HuffPost that Inge Marler, a member of the group's steering committee, has left her position following an ice-breaker she told prior to a speech at a June 9 rally. Caster said Marler surprised everyone with the remark, which was not in her original speech.

"I had no idea," Caster said. "She had given me her whole speech, and it was about her growing up in Yugoslavia and coming to America. I am on stage and then she said something not like what she gave me. I was shocked. I looked at the guy next to me and he said 'oh my gosh'."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

But the TEA Party isn't racist.

Exactly how many of these stories have to come out before we can finally call it what it is?

It just keeps going on and on, like the completely failed (and related) Birther movement. These people keep getting caught red handed showing their bigotry and racism. But conservatives just keep endorsing them.

Now again, cause I know this will come up, there is a difference between Racism, and Bigotry, but the difference doesn't make bigotry any better.

This is an example of both ironically:

So, again, how many more examples do we need before we can call the TEA Party for what it really is? The political arm of a white supremacist movement.

Let's look at what the TEA Party protests against:

Immigration (from the southern boarder only)
Muslim places of worship
Absolutely anything this particular president does, even if they supported it just a few years prior to his election when the GOP endorsed those same ideas.

Now I realize that not everyone involved or supportive of the TEA Party are racists. But it would appear that the leadership and scope of the movement itself sure is.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

“A black kid asks his mom, ‘Mama, what’s a democracy?’

“‘Well, son, that be when white folks work every day so us po’ folks can get all our benefits.’

“‘But mama, don’t the white folk get mad about that?’

“‘They sho do, son. They sho do. And that’s called racism.’”

Marler claims that she will no longer use the joke to begin her speeches.

The joke comes at the most inopportune time for the Tea Party, which has been denying that their followers are racist.

www.jdjournal.com...

How could anyone defend that?

edit on 15-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The bad thing is the joke wasn't even racist.

The best comedy always has a hint of the truth to it. That's what makes it funny.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

The best comedy always has a hint of the truth to it. That's what makes it funny.

Stunning. Simply stunning.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Stunning. Simply stunning.

Maybe that's the problem, maybe TEA Party people don't understand that racism & bigotry is wrong or what racism & bigotry is.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

It's not even a joke. It's just racist paragraph. It's offensive and elitist in nature and is meant to be. The only people that would find it humorous are racists, which is a word I do not throw around lightly.

It implies that all black people are lazy, unemployed and depend on white people for their survival. It makes blacks look unintelligent by not knowing the definition of democracy while unable to speak proper English. It also vilifies racism towards blacks by saying they're all on welfare and that's why whites should be mad at them. I could go on and on really. You think there is a difference between white and black welfare recipients?

There is no truth in this joke unless you believe in white supremacy.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

That;s what I'm thinking, that she didn't even realize it was racist. But that is even scarier. How can one so far removed from reality and society be in charge of a political movement?

edit on 15-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Whats funny about it?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Whats funny about it?

Everything is funny about it. I couldn't stop laughing.
I think of that joke every time I watch a you tube video where a young black woman tells me she is voting for Obama because he is black and if you do not vote for him, then you are a racist.

Life is racist...and bigoted.....both ways.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

How can one so far removed from reality and society be in charge of a political movement?

Actually, I'm starting to think that's the primary qualification to be in charge of this particular political movement.

I mean what is the interview process like?

Interviewer: So, what makes you think that you would be the best person for this position.

Candidate: I hate
, those dirty
, the cheap
, and Obama.

Interviewer: Wow, that's a lot of racial epithets. You my friend are a natural born leader of the TEA Party movement, when can you start?
edit on 15-6-2012 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

It's not even a joke. It's just racist paragraph. It's offensive and elitist in nature and is meant to be. The only people that would find it humorous are racists, which is a word I do not throw around lightly.

It implies that all black people are lazy, unemployed and depend on white people for their survival. It makes blacks look unintelligent by not knowing the definition of democracy while unable to speak proper English. It also vilifies racism towards blacks by saying they're all on welfare and that's why whites should be mad at them. I could go on and on really. You think there is a difference between white and black welfare recipients?

There is no truth in this joke unless you believe in white supremacy.

I think you covered it pretty much in 2 succinct paragraphs.
As for joke, there was no punchline. If the last line was supposed to be the punchline then I guess we all can see why said person doesn't have a long and glorious career in Comedy. It could possibly be be my inferior, white, trailer park trash brain too though.

"I've got no time for racism, I'm not done hating all the stupid white people yet."

Frankie Boyle (Scottish comedian)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here is the youtube video and listen to the crowds reaction, some one might want to save this video before the koch brothers make it disappear:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Sure that wasn't a Klan meeting?
That's disturbing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

So your answer to racism is more racism? Intelligent.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
BYE BYE TEA PARTY!!!!!!

Good riddance to those clan of [color=gold]WEALTHY-CODDLING, [color=limegreen]pro-big-business-corruption, [color=gold]corporate-welfare-loving, [color=limegreen]anti-workers-rights, [color=gold]anti-environment, [color=limegreen]anti-teacher-and-education, [color=gold]anti-women-rights, [color=limegreen]union-busting, [color=gold]religous-extremist, [color=limegreen]war-loving, [color=gold]middle-class-hating bastards.

Good riddance.

edit on 15-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Standing by for ATS Tea Party talking heads to explain how this is somehow Obama's fault.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So your answer to racism is more racism? Intelligent.

I am the anti-racist. You see yourself reflected in me.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

If this thread were about a liberal organization it wold have 100 flags and a million replies.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You think there is a difference between white and black welfare recipients?

I will laugh at a good joke about white welfare recipients. Go ahead and tell me one.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

There was never a good one to begin with

top topics

<<   2 >>

join