It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't anyone tell me about The Big Bang???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am reading about the big bang and evolution. Did you know that the universe started from a tightly condensed piece of matter, exploded into total chaos, and then miraculously formed a very organized and structured universe?

This is completely amazing to me – especially considering that the elementary laws of science claim that matter cannot be created or destroyed. So that means that god is actually a unemotional, unconscious, ball of total chaos that appeared out of nowhere and created everything that is!!!!!

I think this is real because I read about it in a book. Actually I think there are several books about it. I wonder if people have faith in it? I mean, it’s kinda hard to deny its existence when I’m actually watching a story about it.

Let’s start a religion! After all – faith is believing without having total proof – and we do not have total proof for this!!! It’s perfect! Also it defies laws of physics by existing without a source – so it has already performed a miracle!

Hey, all you atheists out there, prove me wrong, but don’t come in here bashing me until you’ve read the books. I hate when people do that!

On a serious note: we are all different. We all have different beliefs and ideas. It is never a good idea to bash someone else’s faith, and is downright mean spirited. We all live in a smelting pot, which we call Earth. While here we will all have different ideas and concepts on what shapes and molds our reality.

While religious people have faith in a god or divine being, atheists have faith in a big bang or some other means of universal creation.

My deepest hope is that the members of ATS can begin to communicate in a more rational and comprehensive way, and perhaps begin to focus more on why we are all here: our love of conspiracy.

You see – atheists – your “god” is a energetic reaction that came from nowhere that resulted in the big bang.

Our god, religious people’s god, is a conscious being that came from nowhere that created the universe.

So you see – we both have faith. And our own religion. You have a religion of science, while religious people have a religion of faith. And in reality, the debate between science and God, is a religious debate.

And after everything we have seen in the world – religious debates never have and ending – they only get more violent and disruptive. So let us reason together to cease these pointless debates and focus on what we are all here for: learning why “THEY” are out to get us! haha.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

at the end it should have said "hey all you theist , prove me wrong!"

Another emotional post i see.

There is a book of fairy tales "facts" and there are book of experiments and observed facts.... no one is saying "i hope bacterias are alive, i have faith in it".. we see bacterias are alive thru test and microscopes.

Antimatter is not nothing.

Failed attempted at ridiculing science while using a a science invention!
edit on 6/15/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

As an atheist, I take great offense when people assume they know my stance on the big bang theory. You said you're religious; you would no doubt be offended if I assumed you hated gay people and stoned people to death, right? So, to assume that an atheist "has faith" in the big bang theory makes an @$$ of u. whether or not an atheist accepts the theory as truth is irrelevant; we do or do not accept the theory based on FACTS and EVIDENCE, not faith.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

There is a book of facts and there are book of experiments and observed facts.... no one is saying "i hope bacterias are alive, i have faith in it".. we see bacterias are alive thru test and microscopes.

You have missed the point of this post....

And I am having a hard time understanding how anything you just said relates to my post...
edit on 15-6-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

As an atheist, I take great offense when people assume they know my stance on the big bang theory. You said you're religious; you would no doubt be offended if I assumed you hated gay people and stoned people to death, right? So, to assume that an atheist "has faith" in the big bang theory makes an @$$ of u. whether or not an atheist accepts the theory as truth is irrelevant; we do or do not accept the theory based on FACTS and EVIDENCE, not faith.

You have also missed the point....

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

also, to call atheism a religion is so utterly ridiculous, i question whether or not you're serious. atheism is a word which describes a person who has no belief in a deity. THATS IT. The disparities between beliefs and morals and lifestyles and viewpoints among the "atheist community" is huge because THERE IS NO ATHEIST COMMUNITY. there are a few fringe groups who want to organize and "spread the word" but they in no way speak for all of us. i don't belong to a group the same way a christian belongs to their church.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

also, to call atheism a religion is so utterly ridiculous, i question whether or not you're serious. atheism is a word which describes a person who has no belief in a deity. THATS IT. The disparities between beliefs and morals and lifestyles and viewpoints among the "atheist community" is huge because THERE IS NO ATHEIST COMMUNITY. there are a few fringe groups who want to organize and "spread the word" but they in no way speak for all of us. i don't belong to a group the same way a christian belongs to their church.

The point of my post was simply that we all have different view points, and that we should learn a basic respect for one another and not bash each other.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There is just one minor flaw in your theory here.

This is completely amazing to me – especially considering that the elementary laws of science claim that matter cannot be created or destroyed.

Matter can be created and destroyed. It's matter and energy which must be conserved and not created or destroyed, only altered in form. Meaning that matter can be converted into energy and vise versa. There is this one famous equation which shows this: E=MC^2

So if the universe only contained energy at the time of the Big Bang then that energy could have been altered in form to create the matter we see today.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Faith will help humanity progress.
Religion will hold it back.

Saying that, I believe in some higher power. I just don't think that higher power is as vengeful as he is portrayed in many religions around the planet.

I could be right. I could totally be wrong. Either option doesn't bother me. I'm looking forward to getting my answer when the time is right

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

There is a book of facts and there are book of experiments and observed facts.... no one is saying "i hope bacterias are alive, i have faith in it".. we see bacterias are alive thru test and microscopes.

And I am having a hard time understanding how anything you just said relates to my post...

"You see – atheists – your “god” is a energetic reaction that came from nowhere that resulted in the big bang.

Our god, religious people’s god, is a conscious being that came from nowhere that created the universe."

preachy, assumptive diatribe about what you think my beliefs are. that's what i'm responding to. not your disguising of an atheist-hate thread with the call for brotherly love at the end. you use sarcasm to make a person convinced by the big bang theory look ridiculous and then insinuate that that's what all atheists look like.

but whatever, you have your motives for this thread and I'm obviously not playing ball,
PEACE.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Gotta say I am unimpressed with the recent spate of copy-cat anti threads.

Just proves you lot cannot come up with reasoning on your own terms.

Like a baby sucking a dummy mimicking the faces someone pulls at them..

but I lolled.

Lol

edit on 15-6-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

No one is saying we pray to the big bang, its a very plausible concept. Much better than your *wave wand and things pop*, What science is saying that there is no way to prove the god person you created so we going to look over it..Another religious person calling Theories a faith is making my mind melt.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

True. Religions seem silly and dangerous to me, while the big-bang theory doesn't make sense to me. In fact, a beginning, or an end to energy seems very strange to contemplate. So, to characterize people who don't believe in gods as having to believe in some other "beginning", is clearly flawed.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The truth is this:

Do I have an answer to many things ? -

Logic:       No; I seek an answer.
Religion:   GOD.

Do I know how I am here?

Logic:       No, but I hypothesize that we are a result of many complex chemical reactions. Indeed it resulted in life.
Religion:   GOD

Logic... Ridiculed by God fearing people.
Religion. Protected from ridicule.

You're just babies screaming the loudest, these days.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
To quote Rodney King... "Can't We All Just Get Along?"

We are all people with different beliefs but I don't think we will ever "all get along" sadly. There is always a hate monger or fear monger on what ever side you stand on just waiting for a chance to jump in and twist the knife, so to speak.

I don't think we were supposed to be this way and can not even begin to imagine what it would be like to have people united. Not based on religion, hate, fear, etc. Just united because we care about how our fellow man is faring in the world THIS DAY.

This will get buried or flamed, but it's JMHO. We are all failing to a degree. Regardless of which side you stand on... the world is a mess and that lays at all of our feet.
edit on 6/15/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

True. Religions seem silly and dangerous to me, while the big-bang theory doesn't make sense to me. In fact, a beginning, or an end to energy seems very strange to contemplate. So, to characterize people who don't believe in gods as having to believe in some other "beginning", is clearly flawed.

Well, there is the big bang theory, and it could also be that there was no beginning and everything was just constant (who says anything have to have a start).. either way it does not prove a "god" aka "fill in the blank object".. even if you say god created then it goes on to who created god? this is where religious people go.. um "god was always there".. see god is just a "fill in the blank".

I rather keep finding facts and new information than shutdown research and believe in this "fill the blank object".

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts

Let me be more clear.... WE all have our own understandings of the universe, and ideas. To to bash someone for their ideas is stupid.

My post was to make a point - that anyone can bash someone. Anyone can find flaws with something.

My final thought in my OP was that science is a religion - or a way and set of principals that people base their life on. God is a way and set of principals that people base their life on.

No one will ever win the war in Science vs Religion. It will not happen. So to repeat the same thing over and over is insanity. So instead focus on better things and create less hate.

This is a very simple concept, which I see has been lost on a majority.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The problem is most are thinking in construct through a given set of parameters. One could conceive the second before the big bang God had planned all events that has ever happened and that will ever happen in the universe and beyond. It only took seven day to plan it all. How was time measured before time existed? How long is a day for God? I hope some day to know the answer, but for now, I am just an advanced monkey left pondering a question to which there cannot be found a proven and correct answer

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I don't know if people can base their lives on the big-bang theory, but there is quite a history of people basing their lives on religious imaginings which have not turned out well. So, I just don't respect religious thought whatsoever, since that would be quite dishonest of me.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
All i can say is, believe in a god that is not made by man(a personal god), once you mention you belong to a man made god religion and that w/e they say is fact, get ready for the ridicule.

These rules were made by men for control, you think if there is a all powerful god, he would hate gays who he created? and all those stupid rape/sex/salve/conquer crap.

i mean if you still believe in those type of religion and take them as fact and way of life... i'm sorry i can't help but ridicule.

Believe in god that is YOURS and YOURS only. its called SPIRITUALITY!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join