It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus, the movie, brings the Sumerian gods theme to the big screen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Most have notice a movie called Prometheus opened in Europe on June 1 and in the US on June 8, and it has been getting some interesting attention. The movie begins with the issues of looking for the gods of old and the Sumerian Tablets and various old artifacts that similarly relate.

The big hint is all the Aliens in Prometheus all look like the statue for David by Michangelo, so we are looking at the offspring for these old issues called the Annunaki. The movie isn't very scarry, but it does leave the door open for sequels at the end.

So, now it appears the issues of the Sumerian gods has hit the big screen and the Aliens look like David, and the problems with the organized church have just begun as many will begin to read and connect the dots that religions forgot to tell us the whole story.

Anyone seen the movie yet? Comments?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Did you see the 4th kind? The Powers that be really want us to be familiar with this crap don't they? Satan is coming out.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I saw the movie yesterday. I saw the original Alien movies back when.... It had a difficult job trying to compare--forget outdo--the onriginal. I didn't think it even came close. I believe it was a terrible mistake to take the android from one of the earlier movies and the one from Blade Runner and throw them into this movie.

If anything, the smug, self-assured android was the brains, leader and instigator of the whole movie. That didn't make much sense to me. All in all, I did not care for the movie and I believer it will be the last one I waste money on for the "3D" effect. It just isn't worth it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I've seen it. I thought it was a good movie. Ridley played with several things in this movie. Some obvious, some subtle.

Sumerians.
The blue skinned gods like Krishna and Ptah, among others.
The blue skinned people called the fifth race.
The Olmec stone heads, and the face on Mars.
Christianity.
Nephilim.
Life creates life creates life.

The list goes on and on. There's a lot to see in this movie.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
It was a really good movie with a lot of deeper meanings that aren't apparent at first. Yes, the issue with the Annunaki is there - and Ridley Scott talks about how they sent an ambassador to Earth 2000 years ago to try and steer human civilization back on track, but he was crucified - thus angering them.

The movie's main theme is about self-sacrifice versus sacrificing others for yourself, and about accepting death in order to further life versus prolonging death in order to stagnate the growth of others. In the movie, the engineers accept death in order to create new life, but the humans (as evidenced by the old man) try to defy death and are selfish beings, hurting each other to help themselves.

The slime reacts to those who wield it. So, when it is wielded by the engineers, it creates life and everything is good. But when it is wielded by tainted humans, it creates monsters. When wielded by the robot, the slime is inert.

In the end of the movie, it is only by sacrificing themselves that the captain and his crew are able to save humanity.

edit on 15-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I've seen it. I thought it was a good movie. Ridley played with several things in this movie. Some obvious, some subtle.

Sumerians.
The blue skinned gods like Krishna and Ptah, among others.
The blue skinned people called the fifth race.
The Olmec stone heads, and the face on Mars.
Christianity.
Nephilim.
Life creates life creates life.

The list goes on and on. There's a lot to see in this movie.

Don't forget that this movie was cut by around 30 mins, so the Director's cut should have much more "meat" to it.

I agree and thought this movie was really good.
Some pretty laughable and silly stuff and not amazing acting all round... but definitely some great stuff in there.
edit on 15/6/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Where did you get 2000 years from?

Ancient civilisations all having the same reference to the stars and the worshiping of tall god like figures? THat makes sense to me.

But 2000 years?

More like thousands. Don't bring god to a science fight...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
In my opinion, a weak point in the movie was the ancient alien connection. The star charts portrayed in the various world tablets ended up pointing to the space jockey's bio-weapons lab and not their home world. That doesn't make sense.

It had good effects and I was glad the finale didn't point directly to the Alien franchise, but to the discovery of the alien home world.

-SC

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkullCreek

I dunno, the planet itself was not looked at, they only saw a life conforming moon.

And it did set up the first alien movie perfectly, the crashed ship, the DO NOT ENTER beacon, the actual reason why they went there in the first place - hidden until it was clear.

That they got it wrong and went to the moon, doesn't state that they made an error in the plot.

I also liked how the aliens were primitive in form also, the one thing it did remind me of was the gou'ald. And the one thing I did not really get the point of, was the intent of the revived big dude. I get he felt it was all up the creek and damage control was in effect, but it felt a little bit lost in how it was done.

Loved the movie tho, can't wait to see it at the cinema

-- typos.. im sick as a pooch and not proof reading

edit on 15-6-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Now you've got me salivating Blup. I wanna see that directors cut.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yep, right down to the part where "they" were eating us and turning us into monsters.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Just saw the movie a few hours ago....some interesting anti-christian themes to note:
- Prometheus (another name for Lucifer) the ship sacrifices itself to destroy the 'creator' who is coming back to earth to dish out vials of wrath on humans to kill them all.
- The creator(s) being heartless creatures, reading to kill at will and creating humans for no particular purpose
- Lots of stabs at the woman with the cross (making her out to be basically delusional in the face of facts, despite the movie being a fiction)
- Comments on 300 years of Darwinism somehow bettering Intelligent Design science even though I.D science now craps all over Darwinism

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Perhaps they wanted us to come to there so that they would know we were ready to have our entire biosphere turned into bioweapons?

We don't know their intentions, so it's hard to say that they sent us to the 'wrong' planet. Perhaps they never changed their mind and their plan is much deeper in time and scope than we know and Humans only assume they're truly an important part of it because that is human nature?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

If you took the time to watch the movie.... AND PAY ATTENTION....

You would remember that just before they opened up the sealed room with the giant stone face and numerous vases.... they carbon dated the decapitated body... and came up with approx 2000 years.

He didn't pull 2000 out of his arse. Riddley Scott did this purposefully and actually has talked about it in interviews about the movie.

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" RIGHT???

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Because it's a warning, not an "invitation."

These creators of ours (advanced humans) had come back to visit and check up on our civilization many different times, as shown by the different cave paintings from different time periods.

They very well could be pointing out that this place is death and stay away.

Logically.... why would they want us to come to them when they already were targeting (planning on coming to) earth and planning to drop loads of bio-weapon vases on us??

It wasn't an invitation by any means.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Allegory of Illumination because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Allegory of Illumination

About the carbon dating, I'm of the opinion that it is inaccurate. Who knows how different their natural distribution of Carbon 14 is from that on Earth?

Of course this doesn't really matter because it is how Ridely Scott wanted it.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

About the carbon dating, I'm of the opinion that it is inaccurate. Who knows how different their natural distribution of Carbon 14 is from that on Earth?

Of course this doesn't really matter because it is how Ridely Scott wanted it.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

Couldn't agree with you more, but again........ we aren't talking about the validity of carbon dating in a SyFy flick....
We're talking about where 2,000 years came from, and how it wasn't made up by some religious zealot who wants to bring the topic of God or religion into the movie plot as Mainidh is trying to make it seem.
edit on 15-6-2012 by Allegory of Illumination because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Well will be interesting to see what makes it onto that cut...

www.metro.co.uk...

www.darkhorizons.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks for the links my friend. Can't wait to see the film as it was truly intended instead of a 4/5 version (so people with short attention spans won't complain it's too long.)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I know man, I hate how they have to "Dumb down" movies or they have to be released and painted with as broader brush as possible.

Oh well.

Here's hoping for the DVD

Some good threads on IMDB about the movie, interesting debates.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join