It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The industrial revolution...were we helped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Forgive me if the thread is both out of place and makes no sense. Im posting it here because im wondering how it is possible for our civilization to have this kind of technology in 300 years when Thousands of years before no one could have ever imagined this.

Think about it. For over 2000 years we had cities but we used simple tools: knives stones rocks simple. But look at the industrial revolution. Sure in the 1500s we had roads and some inventions like carriages and things but in the 1800s-1900s we were able to do things quicker. We had cars planes a quick way of transporting news.

How is it possible to have this kind of transformation in just 200 years? (1800-2000) Technology? Sure but I think we had a bit of outside help. How did we begin to think of this type of technology we have today now when we could have had it thousands of years before?

Again im saying we had some outside help. Aliens maybe. But it just seems odd to me to change so much as a whole in only 200 years.

Does this whole thing make sense to anyone? if not im sorry. Its not too hard to figure out though

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Speaking of the UK, the sciences became established. You can basically thank Sir Isaac Newton (amongst others) for that. Once science was involved along with new ideas, innovation and more standardization of industrial practices then the rise of industry and technology was exponential.

We had no help IMO just brains and hard work.
edit on 13/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well I think Europe alone didn't have the space or natural resources to fuel those goods and markets.

I think secret societies always knew of America.

So in that sense they had help.

An interesting comparison between the challenged ecology of Europe vs. the riches they found in the Americas, and how quickly that too was plundered and transformed, mainly to feed the Industrial Revolution.

America Before Columbus (Part 1 of 7 clips on Youtube):

edit on 13-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It's a matter of energy, in my opinion. Not some of the more transcendental way, but physical: James Watts developed the steam engine for all-purpose use - something which gave humans superhuman strength so they could accomplish things possible prior only thanks to horses or bullocks.

Machines with near-independent power, compared to livestock you had to feed, breed and care for on a daily basis.

It went even more rapid with the introduction of petroleum as a new energy source.

There is nothing miraculous in this matter, only hard work, ingenious thinking and lots of steel and energy sources.
Sorry, I am an engineer, I don't see "outsider" help in these things. They were simply "on the brink", several engineers around the world were developing steam engines, Watt was just a little faster and better connected to rich people funding his innovation.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
It is time for the final showdown. "Many shall run to and fro and knowledge shall be increased."

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

The answer is quite a simple one. Britain had the right people with the right ideas at the right time

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
Speaking of the UK, the sciences became established. You can basically thank Sir Isaac Newton (amongst others) for that. Once science was involved along with new ideas, innovation and more standardization of industrial practices then the rise of industry and technology was exponential.

We had no help IMO just brains and hard work.
edit on 13/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

but listen, what if. Isaac Newton. was an alien?

what if every smart person back them got a big intelligence boost in their DNA from aliens?

OR what if everyone knew how to do that industrial stuff, but just simply decided to NOT do it that way?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Well anything's possible I suppose. I have no proof that Isaac Newton wasn't an alien. I have no proof that he was either though

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
We were not helped, we were held back!

The church held all information back, and burnt, imprisoned or otherwise anything that would or could threaten their power.

Science was work from the devill.

After some countries/regions got cut loose from the influance off Rome, the industrial revolution took off.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
As Britain was one of the first to cut loose from Rome, they were the ones that could openly develop science, as well as the protestants in Northern Europe.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well there comes a time when people realise that they have all this coal and coke hanging about, not to mention a wealth of other natural resources and a few bright sparks decided to find a way to put it to good use. Need and necessity, nothing more nothing less - Well OK you can add a little bit of greed in there if you like, fair play.

No aliens, just your beautiful British ingenuity.

top topics

join