It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s 262 Drone Strikes in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
From Slate from a few days ago. An interesting map showing not only location of reported drone strikes, but denoting how many civilians killed. Recall that the Obama Admin. recently declaredanyone they kill with a drone a 'militant'.

The war in Iraq is over, and the war in Afghanistan is ending, but unmanned aerial drones continue to wage an expansive war on terrorism. Obama has ratcheted up his predecessor’s tactic of deploying unmanned aircraft into Pakistan and Yemen to kill supposed terrorists (even U.S. citizens). Since Obama took office, media outlets have reported more than 300 drone strikes in Pakistan targeting al-Qaeda or the Taliban, outnumbering the Bush administration’s drone strikes five to one. Supporters say the strikes are an efficient way to kill militants, while critics say the strikes kill too many civilians, spur terrorist recruitment, shirk judicial oversight, and represent an abuse of presidential power. This map, which is based on data from the New America Foundation, displays the location and kill count of reported drone strikes since 2004 and shows that Obama has greatly extended the drone program.

Map at Link:

www.slate.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Apparently, putting this in 'world war three' was a great way to ensure no one ever sees this map.

Mwahahahaha!

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Drones are a high tech form of terrorism.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I am sorry but if the nation did not harbor the worst people in the entire world like osama and all of his hench men we would not have to protect ourselves so violently.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert80
I am sorry but if the nation did not harbor the worst people in the entire world like osama and all of his hench men we would not have to protect ourselves so violently.

Good point! Oh, Except they are an 'Allie' of the US, not an enemy. And we have not declared war on them. And drone strikes kill innocent civilians, have no legal oversight, and set a dangerous and frightening precedent in terms of the future of warfare.

What about when another country tries to use them on the US?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
updated:

330 attacks.

Interactive map, with details for each strike:

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

These drones strikes are in return for the payment to the corrupt Pakistani government. The paki government has sold its people out in order for the US government money in exchange for permission to kill its own people.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

These drones strikes are in return for the payment to the corrupt Pakistani government. The paki government has sold its people out in order for the US government money in exchange for permission to kill its own people.

Well, to be fair, Pakistan gets a pretty good deal out of it. They get to wring their hands, while the US gets rid of their political enemies.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I don't think Pakistan gets a good deal, I mean how would we feel if a country gave us money in exchange for permission to drone our population.. It would enrage the population, as it has been in Pakistan. Zardari is a thug masquerading as a President.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I don't think Pakistan gets a good deal, I mean how would we feel if a country gave us money in exchange for permission to drone our population.. It would enrage the population, as it has been in Pakistan. Zardari is a thug masquerading as a President.

No, not the people, obviously.

I figured that was rather self-explanatory.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

So it is ok? Lets blame the Pakistani government and keep killing the people?

new topics

top topics

join