It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacquiao vs Bradley...Best PPV fight I've seen in awhile....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I must admit..This was a toe to toe world class boxing bout...Pacquiao underestimated the heart and determination of Bradley. I watched the entire fight, and Bradley started off slow, but in the later rounds he came back and kept up with Pacquiao...Bradley has great foot work, and knows how to conserve energy...He has great head movement, and foot movement period. Pacquiao may of been one of his best contenders of his career, but he's proven himself to be one of the best in the future...

Sports

There will be a rematch, but Bradley should not be overlooked...I hope this guy fights Mayweather in the future, and knocks that cocky son of a b**ch on his ass...Bradley will be one of the best boxers, in my eyes...Hell of a PPV performance, skilled boxing at it's greatest...PPV needs more of that...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
PPV needs Muay Thai...that's what it needs

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I agree it was a great fight, but Bradley has no ko power. He got Manny with some good shots, but never hurt him. Manny on the other hand had Bradley dancing the macarena at one time. Nobody expected the decision, but I agree with it.

And Floyd would win a decision easily against Bradley.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

And Floyd would win a decision easily against Bradley.

His name should be Fluke Mayweather....He fights people that have no boxing class. I am sure you witnessed the Ortiz fight last year, what kind of crap was that?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

The Ortiz incident was shameful, not something the "best boxer" on the planet should have done.

Mayweather has some awesome boxing skills but no heart, he doesn't fight the best fighters available, unlike other champs. After the Cotto fight, I got some respect for the pretty boy.

Agree with you on Floyd, except on the Cotto fight.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

I just don't understand why he doesn't fight Pacquiao? This dude is all talk outside of the ring but when it gets serious he backs down and finds an excuse on not fighting the Pac Man....It should of been Pac Man vs Mayweather, but I think Bradley proved that Mayweather is nothing but a sissy la la....
edit on 10-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
compubox numbers for the fight:

total punches connected; 253 to 159 in favor of pacquiao. 34% connect rate to bradley's 19%

total power punches landed 190 to 108 in favor of pacquiao. 39% connect rate to bradleys 28%.

pacquiao landed more punches in 10 of the 12 rounds.

pacquiao was the aggressor landing the majority of the blows, bradley was hitting pacquiaos gloves all night long.

in the pre-fight analysis, emmanuel steward and jim lampley were questioning the decision of these judges, suggesting that they should have flown in out of state judges. (read between the lines, 2 well respected boxing experts and insiders were basically saying that they are known crooks without actually saying it.)

bradley and pacquiao belong to the same stable, arum's top rank boxing.

bradley is an up and coming champion, young and undefeated and the future of top rank, pacquiao is at the end of his career.

cynics might suggest that if pacquiao defeated bradley, he'd be damaged goods and a poor ppv draw costing arum 10's of millions of dollars in potential earnings in the future.

bradley himself said he'll like to watch the tape again and see if he won. huge red flag. you were in the ring, you should know if you won.

the first thing out of his bradley's mouth was a nov. 10th rematch. wtf?

all ring side announcers and almost all boxing experts had pacquiao winning on their card.

if pacquiao defeated bradley, he'd have no choice but to fight mayweather. since mayweather is in prison and won't have enough time to train to fight pac this year, pac would have to be inactive for more than 8 months, thus costing arum one more chance to milk the cash cow before the fight of the century and pacs eventual retirement.

vegas moneyline had pac as a -450 favorite and bradley as the dog at 360. someone made off like a bandit.

arum is a snake and a disgrace to boxing and sports in general. but that also includes all boxing promoters and especially the nevada state athletic commission.

this fight is a symptom of whats wrong in america in general. blatant fraud and corruption on such a large scale that they don't even try to mask it any more. america is at a point of indifference and complacency, which is extremely dangerous.

edit on 10-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Last night's fight was a SHAM of a decision & reflects very poorly on judges in Boxing.

I was stunned when I heard the result (having stayed up till 6am to watch the whole fight), and is a small part of the reason as to why Boxing has been in decline for some time, and MMA is so popular now.

Almost everybody had Pacquiao winning by a landslide victory (I had him winnin by eight rounds].

Were the judges watching another fight???

Pacquiao landed more total punches and landed more power shots, compared to Bradley.

Bradley even admitted defeat to promoter B. Arum too, prior to the split decision announcement.

When you're the challenger facing the champion, the impoteus is on you to bring it and show why you deserve to become champion. Judging by Bradley's performance, he did not do enough to beat Pacquiao.

Hell, even Marquez did more than Bradley (but still ended up losing to Manny, as it looked like he didn't do enough to overthrow him in that fight).

How two judges had Bradley winning by two rounds perplexes me..What a joke.
edit on 10-6-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Mayweather wants Pacquiao to take the olimpic drug test. Floyd even offered Manny 20 mil out his own pocket, on the condition Manny take the test, Manny refused why? I had the same opinion you have on this issue, until Manny refused Floyd's offer and refusing to fight Cotto in the 154 pound division.

Manny's the one with excuses.

Don't you think Manny's performance is suspect? I mean he started out in the 112 pound division if I'm not mistaken, and now he's slugging it out in the middleweight zone? Unheard of.

I would be asking for Manny's blood too...for testing of course

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Was a good fight, don't know how pacman lost considering the stats =S

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

But when you are Mayweather hanging out with questionable clientele/entourage, and ending up being a troublemaker thrown in jail, what say does Mayweather have? Mayweather is a buster....

Technically Mayweather should have no say in anything....Just fight already. Plain and simple...He is the questionable troublemaker, Pac Man isn't...

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

He lost because no one expected Bradley to perform the way he did....No fighter was beat up to the point where their corners had to do work on them....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

You clearly have taken Mayweather's bait.

Last year, Pacquiao agreed to Floyd's ridiulous OSDT demands (if he thinks he can beat Manny that easily, drop the demands).

Also funny how Floyd fought Shane Mosley, someone who's actually been tested positive for steroids..whereas Manny has never been tested positive once in his career.

Guess what? Plans were almost finalised last year when Manny agreed, but even when it seemed like the fight was close to being finalised, Floyd still didn't want it.

He then had he audacity to pretend that no talks were being held (couple months earlier, talks stopped completely)..His camp would deny that negotiations continued, saying Pacman's camp were lying..But HBO president Ross Greenburg came out saying that there were talks, and Manny agree to all of Floyd's demands.

It's clear Mayweather wants none of it.

This is all part of the ploy to dodge Pacquiao, coz if he really wanted the fight, then he they woulda fought after Pacquiao's fight with Cotto at the end of '09.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Mayweather has a say because he's his own boss, his own promoter.
Arum's Pacquiao's boss.

I don't like Mayweather as a person very much either, but that's irrelevant to his boxing career.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

So you think Manny Pacquiao lost because of the so called anti gay comment he made? If so that is a whole different conspiracy....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

Well I think if Mayweather wants to be an actual boxing icon he should clean up his act and stay out of jail....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

i thought pacquiao won the fight.

bradley is a good fighter... just not enough to beat pacquiao.

if they fight again in november, i predict manny will try to knock bradley out. which may be difficult because bradley is so strong willed.

good fight
bad descision.

-subfab

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

I wouldn't fight Manny either. Dude has championships in 8 divisions, 8!!!
In boxing weight is important. Imagine De la Hoya knocking out heavyweights.
It's suspicious.

Didn't know Manny ever agreed to the tests, last thing i remember him saying is that taking blood makes him feel weak.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Last night's fight was a SHAM of a decision & reflects very poorly on judges in Boxing.

I was stunned when I heard the result (having stayed up till 6am to watch the whole fight), and is a small part of the reason as to why Boxing has been in decline for some time, and MMA is so popular now.

Almost everybody had Pacquiao winning by a landslide victory (I had him winnin by eight rounds].

Were the judges watching another fight???

Pacquiao landed more total punches and landed more power shots, compared to Bradley.

Bradley even admitted defeat to promoter B. Arum too, prior to the split decision announcement.

When you're the challenger facing the champion, the impoteus is on you to bring it and show why you deserve to become champion. Judging by Bradley's performance, he did not do enough to beat Pacquiao.

Hell, even Marquez did more than Bradley (but still ended up losing to Manny, as it looked like he didn't do enough to overthrow him in that fight).

How two judges had Bradley winning by two rounds perplexes me..What a joke.
edit on 10-6-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

this is why i felt cotto won the fight he had against mayweather. floyd is a great fighter. but i didn't feel he did enough to win against cotto. round 12 was a floyd dominating round. none of the other rounds looked like that.

-subfab

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

Didn't know Manny ever agreed to the tests, last thing i remember him saying is that taking blood makes him feel weak.

Well when you get blood drawn from your body you indeed get weak...I bet Mayweather is the dirty one, shifting eyes making it look like the Pac Man is the bad one...Manny is a world class boxer, Bradley proven himself to be a world class boxing contender after tonight which leaves Mayweather to be a has been.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join