It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little sister gets suspended for conspiracy theorizing...?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I just had to comment on this...

Anybody displaying free willed thinking in the public school system is going to find it continually hard to do so as time goes on.

Looking back now, 6 years now since I graduated, and boy is that ever the truth. My last 2-3 years were spent questioning just about everything and because of that I went from an A+ top of the class student to a C student, and it wasn't based on grades I can assure you. I suffered my first suspension in my Junior year of high school for questioning authority and several more followed for asking why we had to do something yet receiving no official answer. I received numerous detentions for raising my hand and present "alternate versions" of history that I heard elsewhere than the books had stated with reasoning of "Disturbing the Class".

It is a sad, sad world of indoctrination that we live in, but I don't regret a damn thing I said or did. I would much rather have faced those punishments and stood my ground, maybe letting some of the other learn to question a few things, then to have lived my life in school as just another drone.

As for the OP, I'd say it is something that is going to come with the territory. Teachers don't like to be shown up, especially by students and they will abuse power in any way possible. I would try to do something if you can, but if not, just support your sister and keep fighting the good fighting of education.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Her teacher sometimes tells her "You're too young to know that stuff yet" (and yes, that's an exact quote. Apparently, learning is bad).

I agree with her teacher.

She is not really old enough to comprehend. She is just repeating what she is told.

Oh Yeah.. How do you know?

Look at all the stuff schools push down the minds of little kids and how they do it - REPETITION. Does it matter kids are being taught lies the government wants people to believe like false histories of the USA and the reason wars are fought? Those teachers expect the child to swallow this garbage without question - Those kids DO NOT COMPREHEND what they are taught.

So tell me again Miss Know It All why this is wrong...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

LOL

I didn't say religion was taught in school... I said it was thrown in her face... learn to read...

THE FACT is the poem said nothing harmful to, or about the teacher and it was blown WAY out of proportion... and I bet the teacher would of took your poem and put it up on her refrigerator to show off, and been looked at as cute... if she was a holly roller... BUT she wasn't so she she was constantly frowned upon...

Religion is thrown into kids faces at the early ages or they wouldn't have Sunday school... better to get them while they are young so they don't have time to learn to think for themselves...

You can't have it both ways... It's okay to learn about the so-called God and Jesus at an early age, but TRUE history? No way!

BTW faith is not proof...

Actually, the only one throwing religion in her face was the same sister who was teaching her the conspiracy theories. If you read back through the posts, you'll see that this is the case.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Looking back now, 6 years now since I graduated, and boy is that ever the truth. My last 2-3 years were spent questioning just about everything and because of that I went from an A+ top of the class student to a C student, and it wasn't based on grades I can assure you. I suffered my first suspension in my Junior year of high school for questioning authority and several more followed for asking why we had to do something yet receiving no official answer. I received numerous detentions for raising my hand and present "alternate versions" of history that I heard elsewhere than the books had stated with reasoning of "Disturbing the Class".

It is a sad, sad world of indoctrination that we live in, but I don't regret a damn thing I said or did. I would much rather have faced those punishments and stood my ground, maybe letting some of the other learn to question a few things, then to have lived my life in school as just another drone.

As for the OP, I'd say it is something that is going to come with the territory. Teachers don't like to be shown up, especially by students and they will abuse power in any way possible. I would try to do something if you can, but if not, just support your sister and keep fighting the good fighting of education.

I'd like to ask you to entertain a though for a moment...
Let's say you are in charge of training a new employee at work. You've done the job for a while and understand it. You show the new employee how to do the job, what has to be done, where to put what... all those things. Instead of taking your instructions that work for the job you are supposed to accomplish, that new employee wants to do it "his way" which actually causes everyone else's work to be "messed up". If it's a factory, he holds up the line and everything has to be redone. If it's an office, he messed up the paperwork and it all has to be done over. If it's in sales, he charged different prices than what he was supposed to. He had reasons for wanting to do it the way he did, but those reasons didn't go along with what the company was trying to accomplish and in some cases was extremely wrong and didn't work at all.
What would you, as his trainer do? Would you let him keep doing it "his way"? Would you show him again? Would you let your supervisor know and try to get him sent home?

If he was extremely loud and rude to you while you tried to train him, would you want him to stay or would you ask that he be let go? It's clear he isn't inerested in doing the job that is required, he's not going to "conform" to the production at all, he's actually a huge detriment to the business.

Now, transfer that back to the classroom. The teacher has a set curriculum that they are to teach. Education isn't the exploration of all the ideas that exist in the world, it's the teaching of basic concepts that are accepted by society. The extra knowledge you gain is learned outside the classroom. The alternative theories are learned outside of the classroom. The classroom is for getting the basic, accepted ideas of the world around us so you can function within that world. If you want to add to your knowledge or look at other possiblities, you do that outside of the classroom, not in the middle of it while there is a goal to be reached and a time limit to reach it.

Just like on the assembly line, if you are to build a certain object, there is no time for that new employee to try different ideas. There's a goal to be reached and a time limit to reach it. If not, the company falls apart, just as society would fall apart if people weren't given the basic knowledge they need in order to interact and survive within it.

School isn't for learning the secrets to the universe, it's for teaching you HOW to learn and letting you extend on that learning on your own time. They aren't supposed to teach you each and every possible theory that exists, they are to teach you the most accepted theory and how it works and you can extend on that if you want. When you interject your own theories, you derail the process of learning and actually hold up the learning for other people. If you want to go further, by all means, go further. You can even go on to college and take classes set up for the specific pupose of the theory you want to explore or take a philosophy class that actually investigates other theories and is open to unique ideas.

Your teachers weren't trying to quell your ideas, they were trying to accomplish the process of learning by using a common, accepted theory of what happened to teach you how to question, how to research and how to learn... so you could take your own theories and investigate them.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

And what happens if what is "commonly accepted by society" is just plain wrong or a lie?

How many instances of that do we have? The most common one that comes to mind is the "teachings" of Paul Revere and his life and story - things still taught in public schools today that are just WRONG.

I remember when I was learning about Paul Revere in American History, 10th grade. I had already known the TRUE story, yet here I was being fed the BS tale about how people believed events to have happened. So I spoke up. I told the teacher that the book was wrong and I explained the truth about Paul Revere. I was told that I was wrong and that I didn't know better than the scholars that wrote the text book. I took offense to this statement and I let my teacher know it, because guess what - I WASN'T WRONG. Thus I was removed from the class.

Are you telling me I shouldn't have the write to correct the wrongs of the educational system? That students that are clearly smarter than the lies and propaganda that the system throws at us should just take it, ignore the BS, and sit silently?

I think not.

As for your example of an employee trying a different method - you make too many assumptions. You assume that the employee's method "doesn't work" or by default is "wrong". What if the employee's new method did work? What if it increased his productivity, made him stand out, but something about it stood out of line against company policy? That person would still be ridiculed and told to adhere to the standard.

Systems are afraid of progress and those that lead these systems are afraid of betterment of those systems. Perhaps if the education system listened to these kids, corrected the curriculum, and provided a more open forum to education instead of a direct indoctrination route, we wouldn't have a problem.

The same goes for company X that fires an employee for going against "standard procedure" regardless of the job performance. I have been fired from a job in the past for such a thing. I found a process that increased my performance above that of my coworkers and I stuck to it. When I was finally noticed, I was told to stick to the normal or face action. I then asked my employee a simple question "Why was I not allowed to use my own methods as they did not hinder performance or cause any negative action?". Their answer was that "We would rather you use our tried and tested methods that work."

Delusional minds. Much like the teachers in school. I ask a simple question -

"Why do we have to take these standardized tests?"

"Because I said so."

"No teacher, that is not a valid argument. I want to know the REASONING behind these tests, if you cannot answer my damn question, do not treat me like an idiot, do your job, find the answer, and report it back to me."

It is really just a simply process that is fully of lazy minded individuals who refuse to answer a few questions of "why?" or maybe they don't even know the answer. The fact is - both of these systems of though, through employment and education, are broken and ridiculous, archaic at their very core, and should be eradicated.

It's time the idea of free though finally took a foothold in society. Then we can teach THAT to our children.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by PurpleChiten

And what happens if what is "commonly accepted by society" is just plain wrong or a lie?

History is written by the winner. If you hope to change any of it, then you will need to further your education, put yourself in the right position and work to change it. Work to get the actual truth out there as the "accepted norm". You can't do that as a student, it will be a failure and only harm you. If you really want to make the difference, it takes work and time.
It can be changed, it's been changed numerous times. It isn't done from the inside, by the students, it's done from the top levels. Get your education, go to work in the schools, move up the ranks to the state department or federal level, then you can make a difference.
That's how our system works and you have to work within it if you want to make changes.

it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong, it doesn't matter if you improve things or make them worse, it just doesn't matter. You have to function in society and in order to do that, you have to "suck it up" and move forward. If you want to make changes, you have to do the work that puts you in a position of being in charge, then you can make the changes.
Until then, you are nothing more than a "child acting up" and you will be put in your place by TPTB whether it's on a small level at school, a community level by the police, the goverment level in the military or prison or whatever the case may be. If you do not have the power, you do not make the decisions.
edit on 16-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You and I are not seeing eye to eye, however this I completely agree with.
Brainwashing his younger sister, and making her spew his ignorance like a parrot, is really not helping anyone, let alone his younger sister.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

We start learning flawed history at a really young age whether we understand it or not. There is nothing wrong with learning a correct form of history at a young age. The girl's brother just suggested that he taught her about how modern Christianity has pagan roots and other similar facts. It doesn't require deep philosophical thinking to be able to understand that. It is just a simple fact. Spitting language is a much more difficult process than learning a fact. Kids are expected to know relatively so much. Although when it seems to conflict with older people's ideas, people always suddenly start to say that they are too young to understand.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13TreeofLife13
reply to post by Annee

We start learning flawed history at a really young age whether we understand it or not. There is nothing wrong with learning a correct form of history at a young age. The girl's brother just suggested that he taught her about how modern Christianity has pagan roots and other similar facts. It doesn't require deep philosophical thinking to be able to understand that. It is just a simple fact. Spitting language is a much more difficult process than learning a fact. Kids are expected to know relatively so much. Although when it seems to conflict with older people's ideas, people always suddenly start to say that they are too young to understand.

The OP is a girl, so it's the young girls sister, not brother and she only told her that parts of Christianity have pagan roots but indoctrinates her in the Westboro Baptist sense as opposed to what Christianity actually is.
It has also been shown through the development of the thread that the sister wasn't suspended for theorizing, but for continued disruption in class as well as taking jabs at her teacher in a get well note.
In this case, the school was right to suspend her and probably should have went even further

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
The OP is a girl, so it's the young girls sister, not brother and she only told her that parts of Christianity have pagan roots but indoctrinates her in the Westboro Baptist sense as opposed to what Christianity actually is.

Can you please point out where it is mentioned that it was her sister who told her about this Christianity?

It has also been shown through the development of the thread that the sister wasn't suspended for theorizing, but for continued disruption in class as well as taking jabs at her teacher in a get well note.

Was she really suspended for disruption? You need to point out where it states that she was suspended for continued disruption in class and not for conspiracy theorizing... Can you point out Page and "reply posted on day-month-2012 @ time PM by ATS member name" posts ?

In this case, the school was right to suspend her and probably should have went even further

Are you really sure that the school was right to suspend her, and even should have went even further? Do you mean that the teacher should have punished her physically hard by spanking her with a spanking paddle?

edit on 20-6-2012 by Anunaki10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
You know what, people? I've just noticed something interesting.

Those of you who seem to be generally against me in this argument are throwing words around like "indoctrinate, brainwash, acting out," and even going as far to say I'm teaching her with Westboro Baptist church methods. I'd like for ALL of you accusing me of teaching her things the wrong way to point out exactly how I am doing so, because NOTHING I've stated falls under the categories of brainwashing, or indoctrinating. Nothing.

What do you know about how I teach Christianity to her, other than the Pagan roots of Christmas and Easter?

Not a damn thing.

What do you know about HOW I teach her, and with what kind of attitude I encourage for her?

Not a damn thing.

See, just because you don't agree with me, doesn't mean you should throw your little accusations around about how I teach my sister, and expect your empty statements to be taken as facts by others who read them.

Your opinions are not facts, and they shouldn't be written as such.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
The OP is a girl, so it's the young girls sister, not brother

The OP admitted that the OP is a girl, that's correct... Question is how you figured that out, as you didn't point out how you figured that out? Is it because the OP admitted that on Page 4, since you claim that the OP is a girl?
In my previous post on Page 39 this thread i asked you some questions because you make some wild claims which you don't back up, as you need to point out how you make such conclusions/claims... Or are these wild claims just your own speculation/imagination, or simply just lies? I'm not trying to offend you, because there could be a good chance that you can't help it... My impression of you is that you are still learning a lot of things, and that you regret very much that you made such wild claims without thinking properly and carefully enough before you posted these wild claims, am i correct?
Please don't regret and please don't be sad, my impression of you is that you still learn lots of things, and i can assure you that you will be a better and better debater, as more you participate in these debates through time, you learn of your mistakes through time, so please continue your postings...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I've read a couple pages of replies to this, and wow, people seem to read the OP and get so angered or so emotional and just respond like they know what the absolute truth is.

BREAKING NEWS.
None of us know what the truth about everything is, and nor will we know in this lifetime. That's how it is, people in power tend to stay in power unless acted on by an outside force.

What this woman is doing to her sister is great, teaching her to question the things she "learns".

You do not learn from simply reading, memorizing, writing stuff on a paper mindlessly.

You learn through your own personal experiments, whether they be scientific or encased in your mind.
If you don't question everything, you are doing an injustice to yourself.

Thinking you know something is so much worse than not knowing something.

People say they are open minded, but so many people are "open minded" about things that they deem personal to them.

You are NOT open minded if you selectively choose what you want to be open minded about.
You have to take everything on it's own relative case. Everything is it's own "thing". That's true with people, animals, organisms.

People are the easiest to spot due to the chemical imbalances when viewing and comparing two or more people.

This woman is teaching her sister to think freely, think for herself. Anyone dissing on this, check yourself before you wreck yourself. I hate to use that rap quote, but it fits.

Tell me, what is wrong with teaching someone to think freely? You say she's too young to comprehend it. As far as I know, her brain works. Her hormones might not be that of an adults yet, but her brain still perceives, calculates, and forms connections..

It would be very beneficial to know you have to think for yourself early on in your life. I know this, because I started thinking for myself in middle school, around 8-9 years ago. (I'm 21)

Open your mind to everything, get out of your daily routine, and stop treating people like they are less than you.
We live on the same ####ing planet. It's not that big, compared to just our solar system.

Your sister shouldn't have been suspended, but thus is public school. The school system teaches you how to think, not to think for yourself.

Thinking is the only real freedom we have left, why let someone teach you how do to that?

Why limit yourself? No one really knows what we are capable of, as humans, except for those that live life limitless.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

top topics

<< 36  37  38   >>

join