It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiraling 'UFO' Was Probably a Russian Missile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

www.space.com

A spiraling ball of light spotted in the night sky above the Middle East Thursday evening was probably a ballistic missile being tested by the Russian military, rather than a visitor from outer space.

The glowing light's smoky, swirling descent was witnessed by people in Israel, Lebanon, Armenia, Turkey, Cyprus, Jordan and other Middle Eastern countries, and footage of the event quickly appeared on YouTube.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, I don't know if much of this "Spiral UFO" footage got posted here on ATS but I have been interested in it for a bit.

Here is a video of the object above Syria. The footage and text is all in Arabic but you can get the idea:

The article claims that the object is most likely a Russian missile that malfunction and spun out of control. However, it also claims that Russian sources claimed the rocket DID, in fact, hit its target. Although, I would not be surprised to hear Russians lying about the success rate of their military.

The article also states:

The glowing light's smoky, swirling descent was witnessed by people in Israel, Lebanon, Armenia, Turkey, Cyprus, Jordan and other Middle Eastern countries, and footage of the event quickly appeared on YouTube.

Even from the souther-most part of Russia, Syria is still a good distance away. I'm not exactly sure where Russia was aiming with this missile but to hover above Syria sounds like a pretty extreme "malfunction".

As far as it being an "alien spacecraft".. I can't really see it. it just doesn't look like an efficient form of space craft. But then again, what do I know about possible alien space travel? Other witness in Syria claim that it is a good omen regarding the revolution taking place, other say it is ill.

Thoughts?

P.S. The article's main source of 'debunking' comes from a member of MSNBC. No offense to any watchers of them, but..... yeah... enough said.

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-6-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hm. I searched before I posted but couldn't find anything of substance.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is extremely similar to the spiral over Norway back in 2009, and the even more impressive UFO and accompanying vortex that was caught on a weather-cam by theweatherspace.com as well as from other vantage points in May of 2010. Especially after viewing the Canada footage, the idea that these phenomena are a byproduct of a missile launch just doesn't hold water.

Norway Spiral

Canadian UFO/vortex

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Yes, similar to the Russian missile launch which was seen in Norway.

The Canada spiral is an obvious and confirmed hoax.
sitfu.com...

edit on 6/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by draco49

Yes, similar to the Russian missile launch which was seen in Norway.

The Canada spiral is an obvious and confirmed hoax.
sitfu.com...

I'm not convinced that the Canada incident was a hoax. The alleged hoaxer, Kevin Martin, retracted his hoax statement, basically saying that he claimed to have created the hoax to get attention:
SOURCE

Martin has retracted his statement. "I came forward to put this to rest, but I hoaxed that I actually created the hoax", he said. "Something did happen that night. Whether the video is fake or not the photos look convincing. Having your name out there is fun at times, but no more."

Additionally, the event was captured from two different cameras from two different vantage points. If it was a hoax, it wasn't camera trick or CGI; it would have to have been some tangible object or lighting effect that actually occurred.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Please review the linked thread.
It is an obvious hoax. (and Kevin Martin is a fraud on a number of levels)

edit on 6/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco49
Additionally, the event was captured from two different cameras from two different vantage points. If it was a hoax, it wasn't camera trick or CGI; it would have to have been some tangible object or lighting effect that actually occurred.

I've noticed a disinformation pattern in incidents where there are at least two independent sources, which are ignored when an easily established fake conveniently pops up.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
(double)
edit on 8-6-2012 by sepermeru because: edit edit

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

And yet, no such thing occurred with the Norway spiral.

All of the videos of the "Canada spiral" are pathetically obvious CGI.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Either that, or a weather balloon, or swamp gas, or something...you know, just not a UFO.
"Now shut up and move along with your life".

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Does anyone find it strange that Russian missles are all of a sudden "spiraling out of control" within the last few years?
Why now?
Have there been consistent reports like this from the 70s 80s & 90s?

Wouldn't Israel be blowing Russia to smithereens for "test" firing an ICBM at them?

Does Russia just have a sh*tty batch of ICBMs they're trying to get rid of?

Russia claims:

"Mysterious light explained. Russia announces it carried out successful inter-continental ballistic missile test."

Then we are told:

"It most likely spun out of control and its remnants and the fuel was what people saw,"

ehrm, that doesn't seem "successful" to me.
But hey, I'm stupid.

UFO over Middle East is Russian rocket

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

i was just going to post something similar to your post
Russian rockets are getting crazy in the last few years

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Wouldn't Israel be blowing Russia to smithereens for "test" firing an ICBM at them?

The rocket was not fired at Israel, it was fired at the target range in Russia. Far to the northeast.

Does Russia just have a sh*tty batch of ICBMs they're trying to get rid of?

No. They have new missiles (with supposedly new technology) which they test from time to time. The same way the US does, like this: www.vandenberg.af.mil...

hrm, that doesn't seem "successful" to me.
Know a lot about rocketry, do you?
Dr. Yigal Pat-El also said at first that it reached an altitude of 80km. Dr. Yigal Pat-El does not seem to be one to talk to about rocketry. A spinning third stage does not indicate a failure. For example, the Falcon 9:

edit on 6/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No. It was swamp gas.
The science behind my theory can be explained here - www.usesciencetokeeppeoplelockedinmaterialism.com

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The rocket was not fired at Israel, it was fired at the target range in Russia. Far to the northeast.

then I misunderstood the rocket being seen by Israelis as it actually flying "over" them when they witnessed it, as opposed to simply seeing it in the distance.

No. They have new missiles (with supposedly new technology) which they test from time to time. The same way the US does, like this: www.vandenberg.af.mil...

That makes sense. Are you aware of this "spiraling" phenomenon consistently and regularly taking place over the years prior to 2005? Or have we been made more aware of it because the rockets made since then are more prone to result in this spiraling behavior?

Know a lot about rocketry, do you?

No. I wouldn't be asking these questions if I did.
Besides, I already said I was stupid.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Are you aware of this "spiraling" phenomenon consistently and regularly taking place over the years prior to 2005? Or have we been made more aware of it because the rockets made since then are more prone to result in this spiraling behavior?

1) Yes.
2) We have been made more aware of it because of the internet and youtube in particular.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The new Bulava-30s seem really prone to spinning out. What one would be doing as far south as Lebanon I'm not sure, but they'd be the same as the one in Norway in 2009.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

The Bulava is a submarine launched missile.
This one was a Topol M, launched from southern Russia to Kazakhstan.
english.ruvr.ru...

edit on 6/9/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join