It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 8, 1967: Remember the Liberty!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I wanted to take a moment to remember the sacrifices of the crewmembers of the USS Liberty (AGTR-5), men who lost their lives not at the hands of an enemy of the United States, but rather at the hands of one of our closest "allies".

Please review the following links for more information if you are not familiar with this event.

USS Liberty incident

USS Liberty (AGTR-5)

Below I will include a link for the USS Liberty Memorial, as well as two opposing viewpoints from the Cleveland Plain Dealer regarding the incident...

USS Liberty Memorial

USS Liberty crew members recall fatal skirmish

Remember the Liberty

Attack on USS Liberty was a horrible, regrettable error

I am neither for nor against Israel. I am, however, for the truth, and I can tell you, for a FACT, that the NSA report on the matter is woefully wrong. The lead pilot of the initial attack squadron immediately identified the Liberty as a United States vessel and questioned his HQ when he was told to attack. He refused and was ordered to return to base, at which time the executive officer was ordered to take command of the squadron and initiate the attack.

It is well past time for Israel to own up to her mistake, admit the attack was on purpose to hide their movements on the Golan Heights from the US, and to make a public and honest apology to those surviving crewmembers of the Liberty.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am listening to a survivor of the USS LIBERTY on the Powerhour with Joyce Riley as I post
I'll post the link to the pod cast when its up
it is very telling

the Israelis attacked in coordinated waves
they straffed lifeboats
so it was NO ACCIDENT
The russians were the first to come to offer aid to the Liberty
telling....
the president and brass helped cover up this attack
the Gulf of Tonkin never happened and the US attacked Viet Nam

Israel has the Upper bunk on the US

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I am listening to a survivor of the USS LIBERTY on the Powerhour with Joyce Riley as I post
I'll post the link to the pod cast when its up
it is very telling

the Israelis attacked in coordinated waves
they straffed lifeboats
so it was NO ACCIDENT
telling....
the Gulf of Tonkin never happened and the US attacked Viet Nam

Israel has the Upper bunk on the US

As I've said before, I'm most sickened by Lyndon Baines Johnson when it comes to our response to the incident, and how he'd rather every 'son of a bitch' on the Liberty die than risk embarassing an ally.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the President of the United States' main charge to serve and PROTECT the citizens of the US???

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Wow. My major in college was history... And I had never heard of this. I find it more telling what They chose to leave out, than what they actually teach.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If the news agencies don't cover cover this incident then we should mass email them and ask why it wasn't covered and demand an explanation.

Here is a link for USS Liberty Personnel Roster of these forgotten heros. In case people doesn't know the medal of honor was given to Commander William Loren McGonagle, USN in secret no announcement was even made of the fact.

Israel should pay for what they did that day.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by Dreine

Wow. My major in college was history... And I had never heard of this. I find it more telling what They chose to leave out, than what they actually teach.

Thanks.

That is the MSM for you.
I would ask anyone who has a FB page to post this.
Remember the U.S.S LIBERTY.
Nothing else just the link, no hate speak just the bare facts, israel is a terrorist state.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I can guarentee you that Joe Lieberman, Diane Feinstein, nor Chuck Schummer will DARE mention this little bit of history!

It still angers me, however. Of our allies, this is the biggest slap in the face we have ever received. This is backstabbing of the highest order, with the bloody knife held by 'poor little' Israel.

They should do the right thing. They should appologize and admit what happened. Give a small measure of closure to the victim's families as well as the survivors.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Dreine because: bad info, deleted

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Great videos Buster, thank you for linking them.

Indeed... the silent awarding of the Medal of Honor is something that ONLY happens when cover-ups are taking place. It saddens me to see such a momentous achievement shrouded by our government. I'm rather suprised he received it at all.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

As for the French attacking the US and her allies.

Please google Vichy France.

They actively fought the US on the side of the Nazi's during the invasion of Africa in WW2. As history shows, it didn't turn out so well for them.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ah, that's RIGHT!!! Completely forgot about that, thank you for reminding me! Yet another example of why ATS is good for keeping the brain sharp... as long as you don't go down the wrong rabbit hole.

Kudos!

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
telling....

Not entirely true...

I'm sure many here know that a nearby US Aircraft carrier [Whose Captain was not in "The Know"] upon hearing of the attack launched fighter aircraft to defend the Liberty which were then immediately ordered to return to the Carrier by the President. [The heated argument between the Carrier Captain and those in "The know"] was covered up as well.

Truly a False Flag event...

edit on 8-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Aye, very true. I believe it was the USS America, and if I'm not mistaken the planes were grounded not once, not twice, but THREE times before Johnson ordered the commander of the Constellation to stand down or lose his job, but I'd need to go back and look.

Which I will do at this time!
edit on 8-6-2012 by Dreine because: wrong vessel named

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Imagine now... the truths that will be revealed about today.... decades from now:

The above is the San Francisco Examiner for the actual day of the attack, reporting three dead and 53 wounded. Actual numbers were 34 killed and 170 wounded.

"You could get a journalist cheaper than a good call girl, for a couple hundred dollars a month." - CIA operative discussing with Philip Graham, editor Washington Post, on the availability and prices of journalists willing to peddle CIA propaganda and cover stories. "Katherine The Great," by Deborah Davis (New York: Sheridan Square Press, 1991)

"MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA"

Proof that the media has, for a very long time, had a lot of shame to hide.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Made a thread yesterday to also remember the USS Liberty
June 8, 1967: Israel Attacks USS Liberty
your title miss something very important
mine is more accurate

you dont honor USS Liberty crew by trying to excuse Israel

Yes Remember the Liberty .. but also Remember who attacked it
and who in the US wanted to have this ship sink
just for Israel ego of not being disturb by a witness during their invasion of Syria GH
they decided to killed their ally .. this is innaceptable ..
only a traitor whoul have such no respect and dignity

Israel to own up to her mistake, admit the attack was on purpose to hide their movements on the Golan Heights from the US, and to make a public and honest apology to those surviving crewmembers of the Liberty.

cant believe you really said that .. what is wrong with you ?

typical Israel supporters

Their arrogance didnt change .. they are the same Israel now that they were on that date
they are accumulating war crimes like any others in the world
you dont realise that they had something to do with 9/11 and killed 3000 innocent american
to make US go in ME wars for them .. who were caught dancing in the street again ?

they have never change since june 8 1967
bloody zionist killers that dont care about human life except the ones in their little cult

no s&f for you
edit on 6/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I've never seen that image before. Great find.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Maxmars

I've never seen that image before. Great find.

Great find indeed
proof that even 45 yrs ago .. they were playing and downplaying numbers

Not 4 Killed and 53 wounded

but

- 34 crewmen killed,
- 171 crewmen wounded

They were not even close and did that on purpose
lying to the american public .. Israel dont like the truth
because most of the truth about them is very bad stuff

for how long it took the gov to show to the american public the correct numbers ??
and not only 4 killed and 53 wounded

edit on 6/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

you dont honor USS Liberty crew by trying to excuse Israel

Yeah you don't honor the Uss Liberty crew by calling for blood either and the sheer hatred for Isreal is rather alarming on this site.

The liberty was a spy ship, and Americans died which was an event that should have never happened.

The action by Johnson was horrible.
The action by Isreal was horrible.

But for those who weren't even alive spreading hatred for anyone should not be happening.

Americans have been killed for decades and in many parts of the world and yet i do not hear threads condemning them or calling for an apology;

Facts are:

Russia killed Americans during the cold war
China killed Americans in North Korea
North Korea killed Americans in North Korea
Vietnam killed Americans during Vietnam, as well as Russian "advisors".
Japan killed Americans during WW2
Germany killed Americans during ww1, and ww2

And yet it is always the great evil of Isreal.

Always.

edit on 8-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well folks, there's a lot to be said for overlooking the scenery to find the plot.

If we look at in terms of numbers, Israel was a bit player. What did she actually do? Send jets and PT boats.... told them to do what they do. The number of those we are taught are American "heroes" (not the Liberty crew, as they were truly 'victims') like LBJ and McCain (another fine piece of work) who knew full-well allowed this to occur. Some who clearly saw what was happening, rebuffed and ordered to stand-down, would have been right and just to have mutinied.

The press hasn't been independent for well over a century... so add the Americans there to the list if you're so inclined; but don't kid yourself, half of what everybody knows and learned from them is a LIE. (By press I mean MEDIA in today's all-encompassing sense.)

Being hateful at Israel as if they masterminded it is jumping to conclusions. We may just as likely have been trying to stage a false flag to entice public opinion that the "reds" did it, or that Israel was under attack and needed our help... there's no end to how such a thing could have been explained once LBJ's edict that he wanted "that goddamn boat sunk..." Israel did as WE asked. WE directly turned a blind eye. And the media - ever subjugates of mammon (to coin a phrase) helped right along.

That we were then (and are now) being completely "played" by the "government knows best" ideology seems blazingly self-evident.

Don't waste time hating people for what their fathers did.... just don't ever let them be able to do it again.

And just for giggles....

Remember that tired old phrase... "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it?"

John Swinton, the former Chief of Staff at the New York Times, was asked to toast the prestigious New York Press Club in 1880 (Swinton was called "The Dean of His Profession" by his fellows in the press):

" There is no such thing, at this date of the world's history, as an
independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you
who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know
beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for
keeping my honest opinions out of the paper I am connected with. Others
of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who
would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the
streets looking for another job.

If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper,
before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone. The business of
the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to
vilify; to fawn at the feet of Mammon, and to sell the country for his
daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting
an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men
behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and
we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the
property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "

You have to wonder, if this was true then... what is it now?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Facts are:

1.Russia killed Americans during the cold war
2.China killed Americans in North Korea
3.North Korea killed Americans in North Korea
4.Vietnam killed Americans during Vietnam, as well as Russian "advisors".
5.Japan killed Americans during WW2
6.Germany killed Americans during ww1, and ww2

And yet it is always the great evil of Israel. Always.

It seems like you forgot a few things about your "facts"

1. It's called a cold war for a reason no active military combat just behind the scenes fighting out of the public eye.
2.China was allies with north Korea when the war was going on and had sent troops in to help north Korea.
3. See number 2
4. Again another war you do know what the word war means right?
5&6 When you are at war with another country you should expect them to shoot an kill our soldiers.

Here's the biggest fact you missed.
None of those places were claiming to be our "ally" when they were KILLING OUR SOLDIERS.
How could you miss a fact like that?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A lot of things should be remembered,,

a lot of this,,,

the-healing-begins,, stuff cant hurt,,

www2.macleans.ca...

i agree no guns in the Garden.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join