It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All over the Middle East!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Alright, I haven't seen it myself, but this is going viral all over Facebook.
Apparently there's a UFO soaring through the skies of the Middle East.

First video: UFO appears in Palestinian skies.

Second video: UFO appears in Jordanian skies.

Third video: Weird lights in Lebanon's skies

Fourth video: UFO over Syria.

FIFTH VIDEO: Amazing lights over Azerbaijan.

This apparently just happened a couple of hours ago, I'll try to keep you updated about any further updates.
And one more thing, an article from a Jordanian website

Problem is it's in Arabic, I would've translated it but it's really late over here and I'm heading off to bed.
So I used Google Translate for you guys:

Witnesses confirmed the occurrence of a very strong explosion on Thursday night in the skies of the region between the town and the scorpion Shm northern Jordan in an area called Al Jubail, near the Syrian border, where the explosion and fire was seen huge. He says Ehab Abu Al Khazaleh that the explosion was followed by scattered large pieces spread in the inflamed area to rush people to the area to watch what happened, adding that the explosion the attention of a large number of the sons of Bani Kenana Brigade has left many people to rooftops to pursue the matter. He added that citizens Khazaaleh think it's a plane exploded, or that a body had a huge burst in a certain way. Citizens in the area (Shm) Northern Kingdom say they saw the fire blocks fell from the sky to the ground in the Jubail area, describing it as unusual. Rushed dozens of citizens in that area with their cars to the place of what they called the fall of shrapnel. And Jubail area in the villages of expiation, a mountainous area stretching flat area of ​​about 1000 square kilometers end to the Yarmouk River and the village of scorpion that form the border with Syria.

The official explanation coming from police spokesman at the end of the article (Khatib), I translated myself, because it did not make any sense otherwise.

Lt. Col. Al-Khatib: We have received tons of calls from citizens all over the Kingdom, reporting seeing an unidentified flying object soaring through the skies of the Kingdom in many governorates in the North and South of the kingdom.

More links:

Middle East UFO: Mysterious Light Over Israel, Syria, Confirmed To Be Russian Missile Test (VIDEOS)
UFO over Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon and Syria -- Maan News
"UFO" is nothing but a Meteoric downpour -- Arabs48
Weird Lights over Lebanon, Syria, Turkey
Reported UFO over Israel could be Russia's ICBM Test
UFO over Middle East; thousands spot strange light in the sky
Haartez - Israeli Astronomical Association rejects Lebanese sources branding it a meteor

Different sources stating different things, whether it's a failed Russian missile test, ordinary aerial phenomena such as meteoric downpour, or something way more interesting, I thought I HAD to put this up on ATS for discussion.
edit on 7/6/12 by ghash because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 8/6/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ghash

Hey there ghash and thanks for sharing this ... one of the videos definately looked like a failed missile launch but the rest reminded me of the Norwegian and Australian spirals that were seen a couple of years back ... very interesting and worth following for updates

Woody

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I bet is a missile that failed because of description of "explosion"
edit on 7/6/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I look at most UFO videos with scrutiny and will remain with the default position of fake until proven real.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ghash

I just seen a UFO go across the sky on Cape Cod. It was brighter than any star flying about the height of an airliner and it was zigzagging as it went , whatever it was it was cool and no aircraft I know of can navigate like that and handle the g forces involved.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The first video, all I see is a white pixel moving on a black background. Seriously...? You have to give us something better than that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Another vote for failing rocket i.e. Norway spiral

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Looks like the beginnings of another "Norway spiral" type event.
The video from Jordan most closely resembles the spirals seen the past years.
Probably a "missle" that failed or some other excuse.

Too bad that the proper people don't inform anyone of these situations beforehand.
Example: "Hey we are launching missles/rockets right over head so don't freak....thanks, gov't"
You know...so they DON'T freak everyone out...

But we aren't privy to that information.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Don't you guys know that UFO are not real? If they were, we would have been told by a bought-and-paid-for establishment source.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
looks like a rocket to me
just saying ,

or this one , watch the end

edit on 7-6-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I paused each video with a spiral after it is formed and they all look like they were filmed from the same angle and look too similar to the point I question their validity. Can any of the videos be verified as authentic?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If it is a failed missle/rocket test, then it follows the fibonacci sequence...

Would have to be one fairly large missle/rocket..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If anything this just makes the Norway Spiral even less credible in my opinion..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Russia announced a missile test from Kapustin Yar on the lower volga River.

The 'spiral' does NOT look to me to be a sign of a "failed missile test" -- it has been a common visual feature of Russian missile launches for more than thirty years and seems associated with a roll maneuver to 'dump' unwanted surplus thrust for short-range test flights. Since you can't shut down a solid fuel rocket early, you need to find a way to 'dump' thrust so you don't overshoot a target.

Sometimes a spiral is also a tumbling rocket stage cruising in orbit while tumbling.

As a rule, missile sub launches off Russia's northern coast DO provide warnings to air and sea travel -- they are called NOTAMS alerts -- but I don't know about in-country launches, especially from military reservations where the air space is already off limits.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
With all the growing Middle East tension some maybe be millitary, if they are from elsewhere then they are gutsy dudes who seam to care more about us than we do ourselves by making their presence known in these troubled places.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ghash

This has all ready been discussed: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Russia test fired a 3 stage rocket "Topal" IBM .

edit on 7-6-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ever since rockets/missiles invented way back in 2010 ,we have many in flight breakups.
Just early developmental problems associated with new technology like when man first took to air

It couldnt possibly be anything else cause we so smart and know all every day ,things and stuff.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Looks like uncle Ronnie's 'Star Wars' program can still cut the cheese.
This launch, the one from North Korea, and all the others have been 'shot' down recently.
Remember the Russians made a link to a US radar for dropping one of their rockets.
From Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) was proposed by U.S. President Ronald Reagan on March 23, 1983,[1] to use ground and space-based systems to protect the United States from attack by strategic nuclear ballistic missiles. The initiative focused on strategic defense rather than the prior strategic offense doctrine of mutual assured destruction (MAD). The Strategic Defense Initiative Organization (SDIO) was set up in 1984 within the United States Department of Defense to oversee the Strategic Defense Initiative.

Star Wars was both ground and space based.
Have they now turned from Defense to Offence??????

RM.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ghash

been looking at ufo pics for decades, and i have never seen anything like these. Can anybody say Norway spiral. I'm not sure what the connection is but there definately is one!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Hey dunno if y'all have posted this or not, but do you think these can be/remnants of the new intercontinental missiles that have been tested out recently? i know a few days ago Russia was testing one and someone posted a you tube video of it but called it UFO cause they didn't know what it was

www.youtube.com...

Also the one video you posted with that spiral looking thing in the sky, apparently it was a new weapon test that messed up or something along that line
edit on 10/19/2011 by Strength because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join