It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a nuclear cover up afoot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Interesting theory this guy has put together with screen shots and what not to back up his claim.

I think there is a giant nuclear cover up afoot

I never see things like this on this particular site so it was a real ATS moment for me over there haha. Hope you guys enjoy the link.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Jun 8 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Before you label me as a tin-foil hat wearer, consider the following:

Live records for multiple radiation monitoring stations near the border of Indiana and Michigan have shown radiation levels as high as 7,139 counts per minute (CPM). The level varied between 2,000 CPM and 7,000 CPM for several hours early this morning (EST).

Normal radiation levels are between 5 and 60 CPM, and any readings above 100 CPM should be considered unusual and trigger an alert, according to information listed on the RadNet website (at EPA.gov)

Digital Journal reported earlier today that near the Indiana & Michigan borders Geiger detectors from the EPA & Black Cat were showing insanely elevated radiation levels. They quickly changed their story fundamentally, but not before I went OCD on it (see also my username). I personally conversed with the NRC today as well as the Hazmat response Captain for the Indiana State Police.

Here is a quick pic, before it was redacted / "corrected". Notice it is NOT the EPA's RadNet open-air detector in Fort Wayne, but another privately run detector near South Bend, owned by Radiation Network:

RadiationNetwork

They then "made a correction" and called it a false alarm, claiming that their "false alarm" was also the same cause for Black Cat... but what about the EPA's federal detectors, the ones that don't use the same information streams as RadiationNetwork? Read on:

EPA's "near-realtime" open-air geiger counter for Ft Wayne Indiana no longer shows live data but cuts off May 19th. This morning, it didn't (hence the basis for this comment), but by using the EPA.gov RADNET query tool, WE CAN STILL PULL THE DATA UP as in this screenshot

Want more? The area of interest isn't very far away from this strange event that just happened the other day where no fault line is present.

More? The DOD owns about 130,000 acres of land right in that immediate area.

Also, I remind you that it was the EPA's federal detectors and privately owned / Internet enthusiast detectors FROM TWO DIFFERENT PLACES (BlackCat & the Radiation Network) reporting the same incident.

Tell me Reddit, am I paranoid?

For the people...

I haven't heard or read enough about it to make any comment worth reading...

Interesting to say the least!

Coverup!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The other thread about this Indiana thing used a youtube video-is it the same person?

Just because we don't think about it doesn't mean it isn't happening. They will deny and cover up as usual.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
As soon as the EPA raised the level of what is considered "safe" for radiation, I knew that we were all screwed.

Nuclear coverup? You betcha.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
wouldn't people be showing signs of radiation sickness by now if they where exposed to this much radiation for hours? come on now people use your goddamn heads

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

You might want to use your head, and the search feature on your computer, before you go spouting off.

The onset and type of symptoms depends on the radiation exposure. Relatively smaller doses result in gastrointestinal effects such as nausea and vomiting and symptoms related to falling blood counts such as infection and bleeding. Relatively larger doses can result in neurological effects and rapid death. Treatment of acute radiation syndrome is generally supportive with blood transfusions and antibiotics.[1]

Chronic radiation syndrome has been reported among workers in the Soviet nuclear program due to long term exposures to radiation levels lower than what is required to induce acute sickness.[6] It may manifest with low blood cell counts and neurological problems.[6]

Radiation exposure can also increase the probability of developing some other diseases, mainly different types of cancers. These diseases are sometimes referred to as radiation sickness, but they are never included in the term acute radiation syndrome.

en.wikipedia.org...

In other words, it depends on the level of radiation. Perhaps some low level exposure is causing people to think that they have a case of the flu.

Also, places where it rains more will have more radiation in the soil. Cancer clusters will start to appear in certain areas. People will be misdiagnosed with other illnesses and nobody will ever connect it with the radiation still emanating from Japan.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I really wish we knew what the heck is REALLY going on this planet! In the back of our heads I believe we all know that there is something huge that we are not privy to, and episodes like this incident are strong evidence to show that there is a whole world of activity that we know very little about.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
wouldn't people be showing signs of radiation sickness by now if they where exposed to this much radiation for hours? come on now people use your goddamn heads

Do you mean nausia, a weird growth on my elbow ,hair falling off my arms ?
constant head aches ?S.E. IN.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I stand corrected, fancily dressed catman

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
They just announced a problem with a Nuclear plant here in California.

Apparently there are faulty pipes that carry radioactive water that cools the plant.

They are warning that if there is high demand for electricity this Summer, there willing be rolling brown outs.

Update

Link

One of two reactors at the San Onofre nuclear power station in Southern California was shut down on Tuesday after a small leak was detected in a steam generator tube, but the incident posed no risk to the public or plant workers, the facility operator said.

edit on 6/8/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Counts per minute is a old obsolete method of recording radiation that is no longer used by anyone.
Geiger counters that read in CPM we used mostly for prospecting for low grade ores

6000CPM = 5 mR(milliRems/hour)

3,300,000cpm = 1 rem

lethal dose in 50% of people exposed LD50 is
about 400 to 650 rem gamma

ohioline.osu.edu...
www.physics.isu.edu...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Many have stated that if we are due for some kind of cataclysm this year, all the nuclear plants will have to be shut down first - and that they will find some excuse to do this - some have speculated they will say "Stuxnet" has gotten out of control etc.

Having said that, maybe the small nuke plant which runs the COG (continuity of government) underground base near Kokomo had some issues.

Either way, very interesting situation.

I will also be interested to see who comes on here to try and minimize it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

radiationnews.blogspot.ca...
6/7/2012 The 7000 CPM reading from South Bend, Indiana was a FALSE alert
0digg
Source: radiationnetwork.com
Date: 6/7/2012 7:45 AM

As per the Alert section in radiationnetwork.com the 7000 CPM reading from South Bend, Indiana was probably due to equipment failure and has been flagged as false with an apology:

as reported here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
www.pakalertpress.com...

inShare2 0digg 76Share According to RadNet, the United States’ radiation monitoring network, South Bend, Indiana experienced extremely high levels of radiation last night — up to 100 times higher than safe levels. Last night, live records for a radiation monitoring station near the border of Indiana and Michigan showed radiation levels as high as 7,139 counts per minute (CPM).

Looks like something got got?

Anyone on the ground near there?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If you read the link it shows a lot of various aspects from different sources.

Like the security guard from Lilly said that they had high readings that day as well, but nothing was going wrong at the lab there. However he noted there were a ton of Feds coming through as well.

Another person noted that a Hazmat squad which is always on standby was mysteriously gone. There are a half dozen other little stories found through there. It's somewhat compelling.

So obviously it's some sort of localized fallout (implied by lack of high readings elsewhere), but what could it possibly be from? By the looks of it, it appears the Feds were trying to figure that out too!

They may have been flying around scanning in hopes of finding the source of the emissions.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Counts per minute is a old obsolete method of recording radiation that is no longer used by anyone.
Geiger counters that read in CPM we used mostly for prospecting for low grade ores

6000CPM = 5 mR(milliRems/hour)

3,300,000cpm = 1 rem

lethal dose in 50% of people exposed LD50 is
about 400 to 650 rem gamma

ohioline.osu.edu...
www.physics.isu.edu...

I don't like the CPM system either.

And you are right, these readings are not enough to elicit radiation sickness in anyone who was exposed for just a few hours. Although of course small bits could have settled onto virtually everything around them, and pose a future danger, it's not so much that a healthy human cannot overcome it.

The lethal dose is a lot higher than the dosage where symptoms of the exposure would be apparent also.

But yes I agree a few thousand cpm isn't going to be noticeable in any way other than with sensitive equipment.

We can't really determine what types of possible biological effects could occur over a period of decades though, especially considering we don't even know what elements we are dealing with specifically.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

radiationnews.blogspot.ca...
6/7/2012 The 7000 CPM reading from South Bend, Indiana was a FALSE alert
0digg
Source: radiationnetwork.com
Date: 6/7/2012 7:45 AM

As per the Alert section in radiationnetwork.com the 7000 CPM reading from South Bend, Indiana was probably due to equipment failure and has been flagged as false with an apology:

as reported here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the OP's link, it was clearly shown that multiple separate independent of each other entities, all logged the radiation emissions on their equipment.

So apparently you cannot trust when something is flagged false, just like you cannot trust when something shows a skyrocketing reading. That is why we have to check multiple sensors and corroborate their readings to form a more accurate picture.

After reviewing the multiple separate sources of information, it is apparent that it was not a faulty reading. Something was indeed detected because all sorts of locations detected it, and there are reports of these events available through all sorts of means.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
They just announced a problem with a Nuclear plant here in California.

Apparently there are faulty pipes that carry radioactive water that cools the plant.

They are warning that if there is high demand for electricity this Summer, there willing be rolling brown outs.

Update

Link

One of two reactors at the San Onofre nuclear power station in Southern California was shut down on Tuesday after a small leak was detected in a steam generator tube, but the incident posed no risk to the public or plant workers, the facility operator said.

edit on 6/8/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

There should not have been any major offsite unintentional radiation release from such a pipe replacement procedure. At worst, they may have a few on site spills of very limited nature, and cleaned up by on site crews.

However it should be noted, that all plants are required to notify the feds if they have any spills, no matter how small. So it should in theory be available information on the NRC website.

I would also note that if it really was related to an incident in California, that it doesn't match the wind patterns too well, nor does it explain why there is no high readings near the Cali plant location to corroborate with the pocket of fallout detected moving a thousand miles away.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sure is funny that they say its a false alarm....and then Ohio's Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Plant (near the border of both Indiana and Michigan) claim they had a nuclear leak....the size of a pinhole. But of course, no radiation was released.....hmmmmmm....

Source

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I wasn't suggesting that the incident in California had anything to do with the readings detected in Michigan.

But it does reveal that some of these plants are old, worn out and unsafe.

<<   2 >>

join