It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of my psychedelic mandala art work available

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Mandalas are blockmounted and sides incorporated into the artwork. My medium is acrylic. There is no pre planning involved, they come spontaniously. I incorporate decorative paint finishes like wood graining, malachite and faux/ tromp l'oil (spelling?). The frames are not real, they are painted as an illusion.

Sizes 60cm x 58cm
last three are smaller: 30cm x 30cm

[SNIP]

[SNIP]

edit on 7-6-2012 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Please review the Terms and Conditions regarding advertising/marketing/solicitation.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed spelling. :-)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

If I had money I would buy one. Unfortunately I don't.
Good luck, they look very good.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thank you for your kind comment! It is encouraging.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I think these images would look great on bowls and plates and other pottery.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Misschien beter om dat via U2U te regelen ook al ben ik zelf benieuwd naar de prijs. Ze zijn gewoon prachtig geschilderd.

Compliments in Dutch that I doubt a South African will understand. The languages are based on the same, like you could say English is a Germanic language, but it has little resemblance to German.

You paint a beautiful picture and I'm sorry to hear you are living on hard times. I think you should look at creating a little web portfolio with your work (as other members here have done) and put that in your signature.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

You paint a beautiful picture and I'm sorry to hear you are living on hard times. I think you should look at creating a little web portfolio with your work (as other members here have done) and put that in your signature.
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

What are you talking about?

And btw, I understand dutch just fine mate.

vvv

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Maybe I should look into having them printed on plates. Good idea!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Thanks for the info.

It really is beautiful designs, and clearly you have a great talent to create these artworks.

Do they have any particular or special meaning?

vvv

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

It's OK, the OP u2u'd me and I replied. What am I talking about? Good question at the best of times.

Some members here have their own portfolio sites on the web, to showcase their work and have links in their signatures. Many are selling their work too, which is nice to see as much of it is very good quality.

I know you understand Dutch but it's not always easy. The spellings and grammar are different between Dutch and Afrikaans and maybe you guys have some innocuous Dutch sentence that in South African is the biggest insult one could give. Language can be fickle sometimes and I would hate to insult without meaning.

edit on 7/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Clarification

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Thanks for the info.

It really is beautiful designs, and clearly you have a great talent to create these artworks.

Do they have any particular or special meaning?

vvv

Yes, they do have special meanings. Especially the symbols used. Would take me a couple of days to tell you!

Ek like jou avatar ook! Klink soos my oom wat altyd gese het:"Dis jou saak daai!"
Is jy in Gauteng?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Lol, No no, I am in the Western Cape.

Also, do you do custom work for customers, if they have a certain emotion or something they want worked into it, is that possible?

vvv

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Please take note

We have many great artists on ATS - UnlimitedSky included - but we cannot have everyone trying to sell their work on ATS. You are more than welcome to show off your art, but don't put them on here with the explicit intent to sell them. Often a fellow member really likes the work of an artist and then Privately contact the artist to obtain a work. We don't have a problem with that - as long as we don't know about it. (And as always you need to be aware of the pitfalls of selling anything over the Internet.)

So. Without further interruption. This thread is to appreciate the work of UnlimitedSky and not to buy/sell any artwork.

(Also keep in mind that this is an English board, so all posts must be in English.)

Thank you guys.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The art is really nice and I am sure lots of people would want some of it. But sorry for having to say this next thing. You are so good at creating this, make sure you spell one of the most important words describing your art correctly as otherwise people might think that you don't know as much about it as you obviously do.

You managed to spell psychedelic in the worst possible way
Unless it is deliberate.
Please don't be angry, it is meant as constructive criticism. We had a friend who called himself a 'proffessional' photographer, which completely erased his professionality.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Lol, No no, I am in the Western Cape.

Also, do you do custom work for customers, if they have a certain emotion or something they want worked into it, is that possible?

vvv

Absolutely! You will be amazed to see what comes out. The more I know about the person the better. Some contact is required to get to know the person a bit. I have a standard form which helps. It is more about how the person sees him/her self, then I kind of try to feel what it is like to be that person. Not that I fully believe I can ever be accurate in being in another's shoes, but projection helps.

It is much easier to project an emotion. However, how I feel the emotion may have different connotations that what you feel in that emotion. The more info I get, the better.

Though these two were done for people I know, they both felt it was accurate in relating them as people.

This one I did for my young yoga teacher friend.

This one I did for a very 'hip' lady, friend of my aunt, who runs a farm, meditates, does body talk healing and is just a go getter at age 65! I see her in this mandala. There is something farm like, yet, 'doilie like' which is so her.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
The art is really nice and I am sure lots of people would want some of it. But sorry for having to say this next thing. You are so good at creating this, make sure you spell one of the most important words describing your art correctly as otherwise people might think that you don't know as much about it as you obviously do.

You managed to spell psychedelic in the worst possible way
Unless it is deliberate.
Please don't be angry, it is meant as constructive criticism. We had a friend who called himself a 'proffessional' photographer, which completely erased his professionality.

Keep up the good work.

Hey! Thanks so much for pointing it out! The world I tried to spell, came up as a spelling error, but the words suggested did not give me anything close to psychedelic! Quickly, let me try and fix the title.

Bless you for your kind input.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

oh no! Can't correct it. 4 hours caught me by the tail!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Please take note

We have many great artists on ATS - UnlimitedSky included - but we cannot have everyone trying to sell their work on ATS. You are more than welcome to show off your art, but don't put them on here with the explicit intent to sell them. Often a fellow member really likes the work of an artist and then Privately contact the artist to obtain a work. We don't have a problem with that - as long as we don't know about it. (And as always you need to be aware of the pitfalls of selling anything over the Internet.)

So. Without further interruption. This thread is to appreciate the work of UnlimitedSky and not to buy/sell any artwork.

(Also keep in mind that this is an English board, so all posts must be in English.)

Thank you guys.

oops! Ok, sorry Gemwolf. I will stay within the parameters of accepted rules and regs. It is only cool to do so! Thanks for not being to harsh on me.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The sea, two different perspectives. Both my work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join