It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Edison was an idiot; Tesla was the greatest geek EVER!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Mr. Thomas Edison was an Idiot?
After a comment like that, judging a man that helped build the ideas you use for powering your computer,, I really have to wonder who the idiot really is..

Your right, I guess we should thank him for the light in our homes too....O' wait that was Heinrich Goebel. He tried to sell the idea to Edison but was refused. When Goebel died Edison bought the patent (for a much cheaper price than Goebel was asking). So he sits on his patent...doing nothing, until Joseph Swan patented AND developed a working bulb. Eventually, Edison realized he couldn't beat him so he made him partner. He then bought Swan out, which didn't leave him as poor as Edison's other victims but did effectively wipe his old partner out of the school books.
There is plenty evidence that he stole far more than he invented. I'm sure a few are his, but for the most part he held us all back for years. He was no idiot but he was a massive thief, neither deserve respect.
edit on 7-6-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
.Si ti ebyam ro .Esoppus I .Terces gib a yllaer ton tub ,etuc

.Sdrawkcab dna ,sdrawnwod ,sdrawpu ,sdrawedis ,sdrawrof .Otpyrc ytterp ytterp .Otpyrc ni lla era yeht .Scitamehcs eht si terces gib eht .Scitamehcs eht werd dna ti dengised eh woh tub dengised eh tahw ton si ,alset siht fo terces tseggib eht

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Thomas Edison was an idiot; Tesla was the greatest geek EVER!

Au contraire, Edison was anything but an idiot - he was very shrewd, quite crafty, one might say. He was a canny employer of inventors and had a cunning intellect to ensure his profitability. He always had a scheme or two of making sure his (or one of his employee's) inventions became the standard for production in any new field.

Tesla was a mad genius when it came to inventing but he sucked at business.

That's right ,,, we members forgot that you worked side by side with them both,, or is it Wikipedia is your source for everything.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

does that mean the sum of all fears?
please translate
dave

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

does that mean the sum of all fears?
please translate
dave

"The big secret of this tesla is not what he designed but how he designed it and drew the Schematics. The big secret is the Schematics. They are all in Crypto. pretty pretty Crypto. Fowards, sidewards, upwards, downwards, and backwards. Cute but not really a big secret. Or maybe it is"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Tesla invented the idea for HAARP? Interesting, you know it's pretty bewildering that we don't hear about this guy in the textbooks. Maybe he knows a few things that we don't? I would imagine the puppet masters wouldn't want to say Tesla invented a earthquake machine, or even mention the HAARP machine in general. Just shows you education in this country means nothing and most of it's all misinformation, including college.

Could it be this man is a star child? It seems that our society is getting dumber and dumber. Where are the new Bill Hicks and Carlin's, where are the new Teslas? Jesus Christ maybe mercury and fluoride are doing it's toll to the human brain and mind. /end rant

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
Tesla invented the idea for HAARP? Interesting, you know it's pretty bewildering that we don't hear about this guy in the textbooks. Maybe he knows a few things that we don't? I would imagine the puppet masters wouldn't want to say Tesla invented a earthquake machine, or even mention the HAARP machine in general. Just shows you education in this country means nothing and most of it's all misinformation, including college.

Could it be this man is a star child? It seems that our society is getting dumber and dumber. Where are the new Bill Hicks and Carlin's, where are the new Teslas? Jesus Christ maybe mercury and fluoride are doing it's toll to the human brain and mind. /end rant

Plausible but I would submit that the Indigo children will be making themselves known pretty soon. Hopi prophecy and all.

They are just babies and small children right now, but they will mature and become the force you see as missing right now.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Tesla didn't invent HAARP. What he invented was something he called the "Death Ray". The HAARP patents cite the Death Ray as a part of its technology.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Tesla = Inventor
Edison = Business man

History is written by the "winners".

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

I never said he invented HAARP, i said the idea for it. (earthquake machine) But this information is coming from just a random journal so it's anybody's guess at this point what this man invented.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Haha good one.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I love it!!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that.

I am always telling people about Tesla and they all bring up Edison and think I'm nuts or I read too many conspiracies

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Am I right in thinking Tom Hanks made a TV program about Edison wherein Hanks stated that Edison ruined the French guy Lumiere's by stealing Lumiere's silent film 'from the earth to the moon'?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Tesla invented the idea for HAARP? Interesting, you know it's pretty bewildering that we don't hear about this guy in the textbooks.

The tesla (symbol T) is the SI derived unit of magnetic flux density, commonly denoted as B, (which is also known as "magnetic field"). One tesla is equal to one weber per square meter, and it was defined in 1960[1] in honour of the Serbian inventor, physicist, and electrical engineer Nikola Tesla. The strongest fields encountered from permanent magnets are from Halbach spheres which can be over 5 T.[2]

Link

Perhaps you failed to actually read your textbooks?

As there is a unit of measurement named after Tesla.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

My mistake. But why don't they mention the earthquake machine? Why do they credit Edison and not Tesla? I would imagine they wouldn't want to mention the death ray machine for OBVIOUS reasons.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by boncho

My mistake. But why don't they mention the earthquake machine? Why do they credit Edison and not Tesla? I would imagine they wouldn't want to mention the death ray machine for OBVIOUS reasons.

Dunno but Mythbusters did it and did it CAUTIOUSLY, indicating that there are absolutely possibly implications for building one. they did it with a linear actuator.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So far my favorite of Tesla's inventions has not been discussed. He actually had designed a plan to light the entire sky above the atlantic ocean at night to "rob the seas of every danger".

Of course the governments wanted secrecy to remain possible.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Of course the governments wanted secrecy to remain possible.

Good thing there is all that secrecy with spy satellites, radar and the Google cars driving around taking pictures of everyone...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

judging a man that helped build the ideas you use for powering your computer

Edison was actively trying to thwart the ideas we use for powering our computers. Edison waged a war against the use of AC. If we had gone with his ideas, we'd be using DC with a power station on every block. Tesla only prevailed because of Westinghouse's intervention and rivalry with Edison. Edison only came around to AC when it was all but inevitable it was the way to go. Tesla got royally screwed by Edison on many of his patents and was never paid for the work he did for Edison on his dynamo design.
However to make such a statement as he was an idiot when he still had foresight of power generation and storage is a bit small minded.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
THANK YOU OP ! ! !

Many big deep LOL's from that on my crappy day.

Its amazing how a good LOL can make you feel soooo much better

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join