It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is Why....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is why alot of members do get discouraged. Sometimes you see a subject that should get an opinion of either way yes or no but people ignore the subect altogether.

I say keep trying eventually you'll find something that everyone can relate to positvely or negatively.

My ownly question is what's with flagging a subject and then no response.

Does this mean you all read it and agree with it but have no further opinion on it? Or does it mean your just playing games with an OP?

edit on 2-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Greed

Selfishness

Fear

Pick one

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'll take fear....maybe

edit on 2-6-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I don't understand either ...who cares,Its not about points or lovely flowers...me think its solidarity...I'm sad cause nobody PMS's me..I have only bin around for a half of a century and can pick a tool out the box if needed

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

I hear all of you, but [snip] the stars and flags and u2u's because if you meet even one person you connect with and who shows you a virtual arm around the shoulder and stands strong, that is the human connection worth having on the net; not points.

What's great, is the WATS contributors also frequent the non WATS threads, so not having a super high WATS or RATS index doesn't shut you out from gold level contributors.

I'm grateful to ATS always for the community it is.
edit on 2-6-2012 by windus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If I ever flag/star a thread without posting a reply, it's because I agree with or applaud the thread & have nothing further to add.
It's a throwaway society & grabbing the attention of a reader enough to make them want to take the time to respond gets harder & harder, don't take it personally.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windus

Exactly ...............no more fly by night...must be seasoned

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windus

I agree I've met some good people on here since becoming a member, just was curious about the flagging of a post and then no subsequent reply. What's up with that?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I will flag a post (or star it) if it is well thought out or funny, but don't always reply.

Why? Because I am either having a brain fart at the moment or maybe the subject has got my emotions up. But I still give the OP kudos for posting.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thanks for the explanation, sounds logical to me, never dawned on me. Maybe others are thinking the same. Sometimes I have brain farts too.
Happens to the best of us I suppose.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

One thing I forgot to add. I don't post while drinking.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Timing is a big factor when flagging and starring posts for me. If it's relatively new and hasn't yet had the chance to devolve into the usual slinging match that starts around pages 4-6, then I may comment. As most threads seems to be the same half-dozen or so people trading insults and points of view after then, it's not really worth putting in your 2 cents, as you will either be ignored or be attacked as a result. Once that starts I think sometimes it's just better to leave a flag and a star as a kind of way to agree without being dragged into the fights that follow.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Sometimes an OP nails a topic so well that there's really nothing to add to it.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I don't either, strongest thing I drink while posting is a cup of coffee black, no cream or sugar, or anything else added to it.

That's definately a good thing to be doing, drink if you're not working, driving or posting things on line.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

That's another good suggestion to the phenomenon of flags with no comments. I'm sure there are many valid reasons, as well. Maybe they aren't just ignoring tthe opportunity to add the two cents. I usually, if I see something I can make a valid comment on, and if there's not many on the posts, do that as welll. I'll flag it and then post a comment. Most of us take time out of our day to contribute something whether story or reply, a flag with no comment is curious, but is valued, at least I see someone has read the post, hopefully and not just flagging to be flagging.

top topics

join