It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Hanson - The first president of the US after the revolutionary war.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Most Americans will say that George Washington was the first president of the US, and they will proudly exclaim that the people wanted him to be king, for that is all that they knew. How can that be true if there were numerous presidents before George Washington? George Washington became president, under the current constitution, on 30 April, 1789. But wait... Was not the US founded in 1776 when they won the revolutionary war, not because they defeated England, but because England gave up?

George Washington may have been the first president under the current constitution, but there were presidents before him. The very first president even voted for George Washington!

I suppose that the history is swept under the rug because most want to believe that the US was founded by devoted Christians. Read Romans chapter 13 of the Bible. You will see that the Revolutionary war, in of itself, is 100% AGAINST the teachings of the Bible.

I am asking Americans... Why do you need to lie to justify the founding of your country? Why do you claim to have Christian founders when those very founders went AGAINST the teachings of the Bible? Please clarify.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I dont think its a conspiracy per say. History shows there were Presidents BEFORE,the Constitution was established.

Peyton Randolph: Sept. 5, to Oct. 21, 1774 under the Continental Congress
~ Henry Middleton: Oct. 22, 1774 to May 10, 1775 under the Continental Congress
~ Peyton Randolph: May 10, to May 23, 1775 under the Continental Congress
~ John Hancock: May 24, 1775 to Oct. 30, 1777 under the Continental Congress
~ Henry Laurens: Nov. 1, 1777 to Dec. 9, 1778 under the Continental Congress
~ John Jay: Dec. 10, 1778 to Sept. 27, 1779 under the Continental Congress
~ Samuel Hunntington: Sept. 28, 1779 to Jul. 9, 1781 under the Articles of Confederation
~ Thomas McKean: Jul. 10, 1781 to Nov. 4, 1782 under the Articles of Confederation
~ John Hanson: Nov. 5, 1781 to Nov. 3, 1782 under the Articles of Confederation
~ Elias Boudinot: Nov. 4, 1782 to Nov. 2, 1783 under the Articles of Confederation
~ Thomas Miffin: Nov. 3, 1783 to Nov. 29, 1784 under the Articles of Confederation
~ Richard Henry Lee: Nov. 30, 1784 to Nov. 22, 1785 under the Articles of Confederation
~ John Hancock: Nov. 23, 1785 to Jun. 5, 1786 under the Articles of Confederation
~ Nathaniel Gorham: Jun. 6, 1786 to Feb. 1, 1787 under the Articles of Confederation
~ Arthur St. Clair: Feb. 2, 1787 to Jan. 21, 1788 under the Articles of Confederation
~ Cyrus Griffin: Jan. 22, 1788 to Apr. 30, 1789 under the Articles of Confederation

Heres a tidbit.....

There were 6 presidential terms under the Continental Congress, and 10 such terms under the Articles of Confederation for a total of 16 terms. These terms of presidency were filled by fourteen different men: 2 of them serving 2 separate terms each. Of the 14 men to hold the office of President prior to George Washington, 6 of them were Freemasons, which is approximately 43%, and they held the office for 8 different terms, or 50% of the time.

Was George Washington Our First President?

Hope some of the info helps......

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by brukernavn

John Hanson was President of the Continental Congress Assembled, He was not President of the United States.
He never had any executive power.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

But he was the first president of the US. Just not under the current constitution. :| Most Americans, essentially all, don't even know that he ever existed.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There was no US until the constitution, up until then they were just a confederation of individual states.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Then why did they refer to it as the United States before the constitution? Perhaps you ought to go back in time and correct those whom called it the United States before the constitution.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think he is saying that he was president before the country became the United States. He can't be the president if the US hasn't been founded yet. Duh.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Nice cut and paste job.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yayeeya

But the US was founded it 1776. :| Can people really be this diluted? :| It was referred to as the US, not the USA, at that time. :|

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Pretty much think you are going to have to decide for yourselves what the difference between united States of America and United States of America is, have fun its been debated since the beginning.
edit on 6/1/2012 by DarkStormCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

This is my first post. Nice try at trying to make me look like a fool for a copy and paste job.
Care to make a rebuttal regarding Romans chapter 13? You, sir, are the fool.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by brukernavn
reply to post by AnimositisominA

This is my first post. Nice try at trying to make me look like a fool for a copy and paste job.
Care to make a rebuttal regarding Romans chapter 13? You, sir, are the fool.

If you want to have people follow your thread,it would be wise not to stoop down to a level of childishness,and call people fools. Usually what happens,is people tend to NOT follow it. MHO.

Also,give plenty of references,to your thread with facts,and not Opinions. They tend to put those type of threads,into the rant section.

Peace
edit on 1-6-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

OK. I agree with you. I rarely drink, but I believe that you are correct and that my current level of intoxication has weakened my mind to the point where I resort to bringing myself down to their level. You are correct. Here is a link. www.biblegateway.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

~ Samuel Hunntington: Sept. 28, 1779 to Jul. 9, 1781 under the Articles of Confederation .

Articles of Confederation ,,which interestingly,,was the route that CANADA took.

Articles of Confederation

A CONFEDERATION under Sir John A.

cool times,,,

see Hundson Bay Company,,
North West Territories,,
BNA Act,,
etc,,,,

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Romans chapter 13??

dont know it?
is it relevant,,?
being Canadian i can ask that,, and get a reply.

quote it if u wish,,please.

thnks.

i think in America they call it freedom of Religion,,
some kind of Constitution thingy,,
edit on 1-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

It shows that the founding fathers where not the saintly Christians whom we're told that they were. It entirely disproves what is claimed by most ignorant Americans that buy into the propaganda. I sincerely thank you for asking.
It's great to have somebody actually engage in debate.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

ok thats your interpretation,,whats the actually quote?

or is it lost?

Romans chapter 13?
edit on 1-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Here is the actual quote from the NIV:

Romans 13
New International Version (NIV)
Submission to Governing Authorities

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Love Fulfills the Law

8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”[a] and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

The Day Is Near

11 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13 Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. 14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.[c]

Thank you for your desire to understand. We don't all have to agree, but the willing to understand is so beautiful, in my opinion. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

just read this version:

Romans 13

King James Version (KJV)

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.

14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

notice sutle nuance ,,difference.

older,,

now in the original Aramak?,,
that would be interesting.
u know i have an original bread recipe from the Esseans.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I hate to go off topic, but would your mind sharing your recipe? My wife used to make bread a lot until she died in January, and I feel that it might help my spirit to make fresh bread whilst thinking of her.

You are correct, for that version is a bit different. Makes me wonder what the original English translation of the Bible said. I do think that the Bible has been corrupted to fit somebody's purpose throughout time. I sincerely wish to thank you for engaging in intelligent debate. I love learning and am not afraid to admit that I'm wrong.

Now... About that bread recipe? :$

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join