It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Runs Are Bringing the EU to Its Knees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Bank of Spain data showed a net 66.2 billion euros ($82.0 billion) was sent abroad last month, the most since records began in 1990. The figure compares to a 5.4 billion net entry of funds during the same month one year ago.

Source

As in Greece, so is Spain.

SNB President Thomas Jordan said in a weekend newspaper interview that Switzerland may be forced to impose such drastic controls if a collapse of the euro zone spurs further demand for the franc.

Source

Actually, President Jordan is already sweating it. The influx of gold and forex exchange to the franc are already driving exports through the roof.

You will be seeing more articles like this over the next two weeks as Greece leaves the Euro. As the money shifts from one bank to the next, there will be no way for the World Bank to "reduce their exposure". Direct aid is already being applied to Spain's crisis with no specific amount reported.

When John Taylor, founder of the world’s largest currency hedge fund FX Concepts, spoke with Bloomberg he was asked if bank runs were already happening in other parts of Europe beside Greece, "Yes, the numbers show it is happening in Spain, Portugal and Italy." Source

Thanks to social media and the Internet undermining the MSM hypnotic rhetoric, we are witnessing an acceleration of a worldwide financial collapse that was intended to happen over a period of five years. I feel pretty safe saying that by July all hell will break loose.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I hope it all crashes. I hope money is worthless I would love to watch those who stand to lose the most lose it all . Great karma for the greedy lil bastards .

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I don't want that. At least not until I finish college

But alas, it is inevitable. We do not know the hour but we know it is coming

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I thought it would be last year, but it survived. I'm thinking they'll pull something up their sleeves to make it last a little longer. They won't give up their wealth easily. I just think it'll shift hands, ie China / India.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I hope youre all ready for total collapse of basically everything we know. Bank runs are a truly funny thing. They expose banking for the scam it is. I took out my first loan last year, on a car. Worst mistake i ever made. I will pay it off with my tax return next year assuming total collapse hasnt happened yet....

Hopefully enough people wakeup that the collapse brings a better life for us. Im really sick of feeling used.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i hope they push the bubble another year or two, would love to get a geodesic biodome set up and running off solar supplying myself and about a dozen people with organic food and fish all year round...sigh

If i could give one piece of advice it would be to get to know your neighbors and learn the basics of Aquaponics and permiculture. and purchase katadyn water filters for the zombie corpse puddles

-Foo

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
I hope it all crashes. I hope money is worthless I would love to watch those who stand to lose the most lose it all . Great karma for the greedy lil bastards .

It wont be the rich that will lose it all.they just buy gold and other assets
while our saving get destroyed.

This is from the film Rollover made in 1981 its about what happen in a total economic crash.

The End Game: 2012 And 2013 Will Usher In The End

The problem is not Government debt per se. The real problem is that the $70 trillion in G10 debt is the collateral for $700 trillion in derivatives… Yes, that equates to 1200% of Global GDP and it rests on very, very weak foundations

I think you might get the crash you want soon.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Maybe we should all go get our money out......that would precipitate the whole shebang would it not?
merely a few hunred thousand people wanting to close their accounts would be a blow the banks may not be able to take.....Of course the people would have to have a few thousand in the banks in the first place.....so scratch that idea......
All the cash running out of the banks in europe must be going somewhere they feel safer....where might that be?
And is this gonna cause some kind of bubble where the money goes?

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
When will the panic in Europe start spooking folks here in the States? Not too much of a stretch to think Americans paying attention might decide the mattress is a better place for their cash. Once that happens, all bets are off.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

I don't want that. At least not until I finish college

But alas, it is inevitable. We do not know the hour but we know it is coming

Whatever is coming has nothing to do with god or the bible.
Whatever is coming is agenda driven and the product of a sickness some of mankind has.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
They will destroy cash and turn everything into electronic money, and then they will have us all by a very short leash and be able to sex up as much as they want, but it will soon explode nevertheless. Only, a provisional measure... that's all they know, patching, patching, patching...

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The new money system is nearly ready backed by the good et's and ascended masters 700 trillion dears ready to end world fathom

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't have any money to put in the bank. My balance is 17.40.

Wonder if that is not part of 'the run'....people just running out.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Amen to that last bud................
2nd

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by frenzy4444

The new money system is nearly ready backed by the good et's and ascended masters 700 trillion dears ready to end world fathom

Ooook.....

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Think about what happens when all the banks die. This whole house of cards, this gigantic Ponzi scheme, this epic scam that is capitalism dies as well, so does all governments, religions and other institutions infected with the lethal virus that is capitalism. Communism..gone. All of your other political ISM'S...gone...save one...Anarchism..finally. No slaves. No masters.
Yeh, I like it.... Ding dong the witch is dead, ding dong the wicked witch is dead.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I don't have any money to put in the bank. My balance is 17.40.

Wonder if that is not part of 'the run'....people just running out.

That's pretty surreal hadriana. It is those that stand the lose the most who are pulling out. So the message should be loud and clear for everyone, whether you have 17.40 or 17.4 mil. If you know how to survive on 17.40, you're in much better shape than most.
edit on 1-6-2012 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join