It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey You, Put That Drink Down Or Change Your Attitude!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This thread is aimed at trying to help you change your mental state when you have that cold drink in your hands. If your inebriated now you might wait to read this until you sober up, unless you can make sense of it all.

I think we are all guilty , those of us of legal age of course, of wallowing in our pains and shortcomming's and grab the nearest bottle from time to time to escape these states.

Hopefully after reading this you will either (a) do your best not to focus on negative thoughts when your are drinking or (b) leave the bottle alone when you are depressed. Thoughts are very powerful things.

I'm going to include what some of you may consider pseudoscience and some esoteric ideas as well. I myself am open to things that I don't understand and explore possibilities that seem to defy logic. Hopefully I can persuade you to do the same. If not, call me crazy, I really don't mind if you do.

I will try to include as much data as I can to back up my claims so as you don't think I am just talking smack. So bare with me. Let it be known that the following is about all I grasp on such things. I am no brainiac.

So there you are, your wife/husband just left you, four hungry children and a crop in the field, or whatever brought you to this place that made you drink copious amounts of alcohol. Your feeling sorry for yourself and you want, not actually want, but you do, go deeper and deeper into fear and loathing. This is a very bad place but you think it is better than the “real world”. Woe to you!

There really is something to those tinfoil hats that we sport and even have contest to see who can make the snazziest. What is the purpose of these hats? To keep menacing vibrational waves from entering our brains of course. In reality most of us don't sport these, but the concept is real. On the flipside you can emit these vibrations from ourselves too. Call it an aura or whatever you like.

What is a thought? Heres the wiki entry:

Thought generally refers to any mental or intellectual activity involving an individual's subjective consciousness. It can refer either to the act of thinking or the resulting ideas or arrangements of ideas.

How do they work biologically? With electricity and electromagnetism.

A neuron (also known as a neurone or nerve cell) is an excitable cell in the nervous system that processes and transmits information by electrochemical signaling. Neurons are the core components of the brain, the vertebrate spinal cord, the invertebrate ventral nerve cord, and the peripheral nerves. A number of specialized types of neurons exist: sensory neurons respond to touch, sound, light and numerous other stimuli affecting cells of the sensory organs that then send signals to the spinal cord and brain. Motor neurons receive signals from the brain and spinal cord and cause muscle contractions and affect glands. Interneurons connect neurons to other neurons within the brain and spinal cord. Neurons respond to stimuli, and communicate the presence of stimuli to the central nervous system, which processes that information and sends responses to other parts of the body for action. Neurons do not go through mitosis, and usually cannot be replaced after being destroyed,[dubious – discuss] although astrocytes have been observed to turn into neurons as they are sometimes pluripotent.

wiki

Your thoughts do have influence on matter. It has been proven by the Global Consciousness Project that our combined field consciousness or “group mind”, that billions of us thinking the at the same time on global events, be it happy, sad, angry whatever, has a very real physical effect on actual nuts and bolts random number generator computer systems linked around the world. With a chance factor of less than 1 in a billion. Thats pretty good odds that it is real.

How does it work? With what Einstein called a “spooky action at a distance”. Quantum Mechanics - Quantum Entanglement and Quantum Teleportation

Quantum Teleportation Leaps to New Distance Record

Here is an intersting thought on Quantum Entanglement, remember we are all made of the same stardust, theoretically coming from the Big Bang Singularity the size of a pinhead, meaning that all matter originates and is comprised from one source matter!

Quantum entanglement occurs when particles such as photons, electrons, molecules as large as buckyballs,[1][2] and even small diamonds[3][4] interact physically and then become separated; the type of interaction is such that each resulting member of a pair is properly described by the same quantum mechanical description (state), which is indefinite in terms of important factors such as position,[5] momentum, spin, polarization, etc.

I'm sure you are asking what in the hell do RNG's have to do with liquor. I just wanted to include that so that you could see a broad effect is measurable.

Back to liquids.

Dr. Masaru Emoto, some will call a quack, performed experiments with thought intentions on water and ice crystals. His experiments show that different intentions produce effects on the molecules and ice crystals. Love, hate, etc.. changed the physical structure. Please watch the following videos.

Now is where you will say, I have seen that he has been proven to be wrong. There are many debunker sites out there. Dr. Emoto and Dr. Dean Radin Phd. Of The Institute of Noetic Sciences, conducted double blind and triple blind experiments of the effects with 1900 participants from Germany and Austria, focusing intentions on water in California with positive results, according to Radin's Blog, from over 5600 miles away!! In a shielded room I might add.

Water crystal replication study

Radin, D., Lund, N., Emoto, M., Kizu, T. (2008). Effects of distant intention on water crystal formation: A triple-blind replication. Journal of Scientific Exploration, 22(4), 481-493.

Ice drops formed from samples of water in the different treatment conditions were photographed by a technician, each image was assessed for aesthetic beauty by over 2,500 independent judges, and the resulting data were analyzed, all by individuals blind with respect to the underlying treatment conditions. Results suggested that crystal images in the intentionally treated condition were rated as aesthetically more beautiful than proximal control crystals (p = 0.03, one-tailed). This outcome replicates the results of an earlier (double blind) pilot test.

Link to .pdf of Experiment Results

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Liquor:

I believe the effects on liquor are the same. I am an avid reader of metaphysics and esoteric topics and will include a couple of quotes from such sources.

There is a reason why they call them “Spirits”!!

The term "spirit" in reference to alcohol stems from Middle Eastern alchemy. These alchemists were more concerned with medical elixirs than with transmuting lead into gold. The vapor given off and collected during an alchemical process (as with distillation of alcohol) was called a spirit of the original material.

wiki

Alcohol is very susceptible to psychic vibrations, as is cold water, and both act as storage mediums for those concentrated energies.

Consider this the next time your are in a bar, or drinking an alcoholic beverage. In Alcoholics Anonymous, it is said that the recovering addict must avoid ‘stinking thinking’ as that is what drives them back to drinking and drugging. When you consider that many alcoholics sit and stew over what is bothering them, ice cold drink clutched between their hands, deep in an inner contemplation of failure, anger, and self-destruction, and then consume their ‘desecrated talisman’s’ one after the other, is it any surprise that alcohol and drug abuse is so destructive to the body and soul of individuals and society?

Stavish; Practical Plant Alchemy Hermetic.com

Christ's first miracle changed water into wine. HE HAD RECEIVED THE UNIVERSAL SPIRIT at the baptism, and had no need of artificial stimulants. He changed the water to wine to give to others less advanced. But no wine bibbers can inherit the kingdom of God. The esoteric reason is this, that while the lower ethers vibrate to the seed atoms in the solar plexus and the heart, and thus keep the physical body alive, the higher ethers vibrate to the pituitary body and pineal gland. By imbibing this false rebellious spirit that is fermented OUTSIDE the body, and is different from the spirit that is fermented INSIDE, by sugar, these organs are temporarily dazed and cannot vibrate to the higher world, and so because of age-long abuse, man has ceased to function in the higher worlds. If he takes too much of this spirit of alcohol, the organs named may be slightly awakened so that he sees the lowest realms of the desire world and all the evil things therein; that happens in the disease known as delirium tremens. To sum up, as the evolution of soul depends upon acquisition of the two higher ethers from which the beautiful wedding garment is made, and as these ethers are attuned to the organs named in the same manner that the lower ethers are attuned to the seed atom in the heart and the seed atom in the solar plexus, you will readily understand the deadly effects to the spiritual man, of alcohol and drugs.

Rosicrucian.com

Not only does excessive alcohol abuse damage the liver and DNA, but I believe it can be charged in a talisman effect by your negative thoughts and intentions doing damage spiritually and ways unknown by science as well.

So if you cant put the bottle down or change your thoughts to something more positive, please take the necessary precautions!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
"I'm only happy when it rains" and "I drink alone" Yes I prefer to be by myself. "I want a lover I don't have to love"

Sorry couldn't resist the urge.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Whoa. Sometimes a higher self comes out at just the right moment. Let me give you your first star. Recently been thru the death of a beloved family member who suffered from alcoholism and diabetes. I tend to like hard liquors like cognac myself, and I see that I need to put that aside, as I believe wholeheartedly in the fact that our thoughts influence our reality. Thank you for this post. Much food for thought...

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I completely stopped drinking a year ago after seeing what it does to myself and my friends,
i'll probably never drink again. you just do stupid things, no matter what.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Interesting the tie-in to alchemy and all, this alcohol.
Its very clear to see they want and like people distracted and kept down by alcohol.
It should be more clear to more people that there are larger reasons at play for alcohol being made to be so socially acceptable, and at a young age.

Its part of sporting events, family occasions, trips to the hair salon, the movie theatre - really we can't go for more or less than 2 hours without booze??

Its horrifying the damage done to millions world wide and sometimes more importantly, their families.
I am sorry to the poster above for their loss.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If it were possible to drown your sorrows, the world would be a better place and full of flying pigs. The only way out of troubles is to walk through them. ETOH destroys, brain cells, families, lives, communities. There are many on ATS who drink and post, and many who drink to excess way to often. Quit hiding from who you are and what you feel in a bottle. Deny ignorance about yourself. Give up the booze.

OP Thank you for this thread, it is excellent. You said well what needed to be said.

edit on 31-5-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
Whoa. Sometimes a higher self comes out at just the right moment. Let me give you your first star. Recently been thru the death of a beloved family member who suffered from alcoholism and diabetes. I tend to like hard liquors like cognac myself, and I see that I need to put that aside, as I believe wholeheartedly in the fact that our thoughts influence our reality. Thank you for this post. Much food for thought...

I'm very sorry for your loss Coopdog.

Your not kidding about the higher self coming out at the right moment. I feel ditto, just on the fact that you were the first person that this thread had an impact on. I wrote it just for you.

That was the intention and if you were the only response, my job is done! It made me feel ecstatic and that was worth it all! Thank you.

I'm all for throwing a few back but try my hardest not to focus on those things that will drag me down. I was a long time resident in the Big Easy ~ New Orleans, and that is one place that you either fly right or crash and burn. There is a long standing tradition of throwing a party after a funeral and celebrating ones life rather than the other way around, with surprising effects.

Good luck on your path friend.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Congratulations on you sobriety! Keep it up.

Life is so much better without stupid harmful things and actions.

Hurt sucks!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

I just wanted to add Coopdog, I don't want to sound like I am encouraging a drinking party or anything. One can celebrate without.

I just didn't want to sound like a hypocrite because I do enjoy a few spirits myself, just I honestly feel that these emotions are tenfold when upset.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I love to drink the more I drink the more thirsty I get. Bring it on til I get to about 15 beers then its time for bed. And see most people run around after that many beers. Its my sleeping aide let's my fog lift I love it. Granted it's not for everyone but you respect it then it's not bad. A lot of it is people that people hang with to I mean I drink with a friend and he will start falling asleep outside.I make sure he gets in safe(most play pranks and piss off people) and drinking like that is done at home not at the bar and the bar can be a bad place to you can't sleep there you have to drive home not good. Bars can be fun if you have a designated driver or walking to your destination. This is a boring topic sorry.All in all beer is great. ? what do you do for fun cow tipping lol

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
Interesting the tie-in to alchemy and all, this alcohol.
Its very clear to see they want and like people distracted and kept down by alcohol.
It should be more clear to more people that there are larger reasons at play for alcohol being made to be so socially acceptable, and at a young age.

Its part of sporting events, family occasions, trips to the hair salon, the movie theatre - really we can't go for more or less than 2 hours without booze??

Its horrifying the damage done to millions world wide and sometimes more importantly, their families.
I am sorry to the poster above for their loss.
Well not really, it was alchemy that brought us distillation in the first place. Transcendental Alchemy maybe, but that is the whole concept is to separate the pure from the impure and recombine, solve et coagula. It is a psychological concept that can help you to rise up and leave the gross behind.

I agree that 'they' want this, which dumbfounds me. A society in harmony just seems like a win win situation. Power corrupts, Absolute.. well we know the rest. The only outcome for a corrupt body is dissolution, so 'they' are only destroying themselves.

On the same, without knowing bad there can be no good. Maybe that's the point?
edit on 31-5-2012 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by joecool9887

You sure put a long post for being so bored. I agree that drinking under the right conditions can be fun. That's the point, changing the attitude when partaking. You obviously missed that.

I have fun trying to help people and myself along the way.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I am pretty sure that the rate of alcoholism has gone up with each post.

I am afraid that it has to do with new situations (unemployment, global meltdown, doom/gloom), and people's reactions to this.

You are correct, if you are going to drink, do it in a positive, social atmosphere, and not as a means to escape or drown sorrows, however down-trodden by unemployment, etc. you might be.

I just got laid-off. So I am tempted at times, but your thread has boosted my persistance to rely on positive measures, so thank you.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Drinking has been used for celebration since existence. I believe that it intensifies emotion, so if you're happy you can be super happy, sad becomes super sad, and mad super mad... I have found alcohol to be a mistake lots of times, but as I have matured I have just found it to be fun and good company in celebratory practices. Alcohol doesn't define you, you define alcohol.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I make my own beer.

I'll make sure I send it good vibes during the process.

Cheers!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by joecool9887
I love to drink the more I drink the more thirsty I get. Bring it on til I get to about 15 beers then its time for bed. And see most people run around after that many beers. Its my sleeping aide let's my fog lift I love it. Granted it's not for everyone but you respect it then it's not bad. A lot of it is people that people hang with to I mean I drink with a friend and he will start falling asleep outside.I make sure he gets in safe(most play pranks and piss off people) and drinking like that is done at home not at the bar and the bar can be a bad place to you can't sleep there you have to drive home not good. Bars can be fun if you have a designated driver or walking to your destination. This is a boring topic sorry.All in all beer is great. ? what do you do for fun cow tipping lol

I like the taste of beer. I don't drink to cover my problems I just like it. I have solved a few problems that way. I don't drink to excess in public only at home or where I don't have to drive anywhere. I also don't drink and post anywhere.
I know my limits. Now off to the bar.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
let's face the facts. some people can drink, and some can not. (i'm guessing you would agree) i am one of those who simply can not drink. i was actually on my way and close to drinking myself to death unfortunately. my mind was constantly going in to a state of complete apathy and i often had negative emotions. so for me, it just doesn't work. since i have quit drinking my mind has returned to a much better state, my health has improved, and my outlook on life is much better.

i do want to stress, that just because its not a good idea for me to drink, doesn't mean what i've said applies to everyone.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I tried to read your whole post, but I've been drinking since 10 o'clock this morning and my attention span is short. So, I instead read some of the follow-up posts and I have to disagree with all that you guys believe in.

Negative emotions exist for a reason...standing as an equal to Positive emotions.

what you are actually advocating is suppression of ones true feelings and denial of reality.

when a person lives in such a manner...death will soon become a passionate desire anyway and it doesn't matter the condition of the shell you'll leave behind.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by joecool9887

I love to drink the more I drink the more thirsty I get. Bring it on til I get to about 15 beers then its time for bed. And see most people run around after that many beers. Its my sleeping aide let's my fog lift I love it. Granted it's not for everyone but you respect it then it's not bad.

Joecool9887, keep it up and this OP will be a very important message to you... if it isn't already. I suspect you are still too young to feel the real negative consequences of alcohol consumption on your life. Take care brother.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join