It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doesn't this kill the conspiracy?...NASA to future moon explorers: Don’t ruin our Apollo landing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Howdy ATS,
Not one to post much but this got to me. This should silence all those pushing the hoax agenda.

Article

Apparently Google has offered an additional prize for anyone photographing or even getting close to the Apollo landing sites. In addition they are asking those folks to stay far enough away to not damage history. Here is the big issue I have and I think it is simply common sense;

If we never went to the moon what are the hoaxers going to do when there is yet again more proof of all the hardware up there? This will be private, independent verification of that which is said to never have happened. hmmm.

Peace

edit on 5/29/2012 by howmuch4another because: NASA is not offering anything. corrected for accuracy

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have a hot, model girlfriend in Canada - at least, that is what I tell my friends. What are they going to do, prove it? It's not like they are ever going to meet her. Seriously, though, I think one could easily read this as - no one is ever going to go by there, so there is little chance of them actually proving that we never did go up there.

Actually, I think it would be righteous, if China said, "Hey, U.S.A., we are floating above the coordinates and where are the foot prints, flag, etc.?" Whether that be the case or not. Anyway, I don't really think it puts the Hoax theory to bed, per se - it has no teeth. But, I see your argument.

edit on 29-5-2012 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What about the conspiracy that Nasa nuked ancient structures on the mooon and that the footage was heavily doctored but the moon landing still took place?

This information doesn't change that theory....

link   
no, it was all placed there by an unmanned probe on 9/11

9/11 was just a big distraction

sarcasm

link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

Did I read wrong or is NASA not involved in this contest?

This "Google X Lunar Prize competition?"

Your op makes it sound like NASA is paying people to take pictures of Apollo landing sites.
They are not.
All they said was don't get too close, which is the opposite of your OP.

Originally posted by howmuch4another
Apparently NASA has offered an additional prize for anyone photographing or even getting close to the Apollo landing sites. In addition they are asking those folks to stay far enough away to not damage history. Here is the big issue I have and I think it is simply common sense;

from OPs link:

...with a prize provided by the California-based X Prize Foundation — pits 26 teams vying to become the first privately-funded group to land on the moon.

Competition ends by 2015... That's not giving anyone much time to get to the Moon.
I wouldn't call this proof of anything, except proof that google is more straight forward than NASA.
edit on 5/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
it doesn't kill anything until someone ventures back there (or go there for the first time depending on your view)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
NASA is not offering anything other than its recommendations on protecting the historical and scientific value of various U.S. landing sites. Google is offering the prize(s).
www.googlelunarxprize.org...

Hoax believers don't/won't care.
edit on 5/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

oh no I've agreed with phage twice in a row now...

I'm getting scared, what happens the third time??

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Here is how it really went down.

CJ

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
yep you guys are accurate that google x is putting up the prize.

My point was that it is yet more proof that our "stuff" is up there. Phage addressed it by saying hoaxers won't care and that is probably the case.
The point is not who is offering the prize but the fact that now a third party will be up there able to verify what most of us know to be true anyway.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
and the race is on. Get to the moon, erase the landing and mess with history for the rest of eternity. If the Americans get to the moon first, the conspiracy can continue ad-nauseum as people claim they planted it upon landing.

Most excellent. We will literally NEVER hear the end of this.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

what about it? what ancient structures? sounds bat sh#* crazy to me but I'm not a believer in the hoax theory. Now on the topic....what will the hoax believers do if a contestant takes some new snaps from the lunar surface? what will be the argument then?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

But if you told your friends where to find the "hot" girlfriend and they planned a roadie they may take her out for a good time?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

thanks for the response. you are correct and I hope you saw this..ATS

I wouldn't call this proof of anything,

I didn't..

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

edit on 29-5-2012 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Doesn't this kill the conspiracy?...NASA to future moon explorers: Don’t ruin our Apollo landing

The NASA Moon conspiracy has not been killed, it has been confirmed.

NASA formally calls this the Keep Out Zone. Search ATS for several threads that came out a year ago (or so).

The man in charge of NASA right now has a lot of experience in policing restricted zones. He was in fact one of the military generals who planned and executed the No-Fly zones over Iraq during the Bush 41 era. Do some basic research on Charles Bolden and you will find what I am talking about.

And... just think about that for a minute.

The President could not have picked a better man to protect the Apollo Heritage/Hoax Sites.

And NASA has a very capable administrator in Charles Bolden who has the perfect curiculum vitae for this critical mission which

I have no doubt that Navy or NASA (probably both) have killer satellites in orbit around the moon at this very moment. All they need to do is have a sweet lazer weapon on the designated "patrol" satellite.... they could direct that lazer at the other foreign, enemy satellites.... Chinese, Indian, Japanese... making the foreign, enemy satellites heat up, creating malfunctions or, better yet, just blind the star sensor package.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
reply to post by Dustytoad

thanks for the response. you are correct and I hope you saw this..ATS

I wouldn't call this proof of anything,

I didn't..

oh no I meant I wouldn't... I was trying to just speak for me like how people say IMO... sorry for being confusing.

And yes I saw that next post of yours.

I'm not a moon hoax believer either, but there are some "weirdnessess" involved. I personally think partial fakery in a "just in case" kind of way happened, but the footage shown was legit and was from the moon.

I like to keep the facts straight because it does matter who is funding it. I wouldn't want NASA wasting money they need to spend finding planets and such. I'm glad google is offering cash rewards though. Sounds like fun, and I hope some nice pictures and data come of this.
edit on 5/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

ah but did you catch this from the article? it is not as you say it is....

NASA acknowledged there is nothing binding about its deal with the foundation or its guidelines for avoiding its old sites.

Seems those google x cats can just drive their rovers right over the footprints if they really want to.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

NASA formally calls this the Keep Out Zone.

No they don't. They have several terms which they use but "Keep Out Zone" is not one of them.
The "exclusion zone" for the Apollo 11 site is 75 meters and for Apollo 17 it is 225 meters. That's close enough for some pretty good pictures. For the other sites it recommended that rovers do not approach closer than 1 meter to most of the artifacts.

But it doesn't really matter much since NASA really has no way to enforce the recommendations.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

They abandoned this stuff. It's salvage. It's fair game for anybody who can get there.
The Keep-Out Zones are for a cover up.

These recommendations are intended to apply to United States Government artifacts on the lunar surface. These artifacts include:

Apollo lunar surface landing and roving hardware;
Robotic lunar surface landing sites (e.g., Surveyor sites);
Impact sites (e.g., Ranger, S-IVB, LCROSS, lunar module [LM] ascent stage);
USG experiments left on the lunar surface, tools, equipment, miscellaneous EVA hardware; and
Specific indicators of U.S. human, human-robotic lunar presence, including footprints, rover tracks, etc., although not all anthropogenic indicators are protected as identified in the recommendations.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join