It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 40 Mpg Personal Plane Attracts Crowd of Investors ( Meet The Jetsons)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I thought this was exciting, and made me think of "The Jetson's Cartoon" . Maybe this will get off the ground (pun intended
) I hope so.

A 40 Mpg Personal Plane

May 22 (Bloomberg) -- Synergy, a 40 Mpg personal airplane project, is attracting thousands of dollars in investment on the popular crowd-funding website, Kickstarter. Approximately half-way to its stated target investment goal of $65,000, the project's developer claims the aircraft has ten times the fuel efficiency of a small jet. Bloomberg's Alix Steel reports. Video courtesy Kickstarter. (Source: Bloomberg)

NASA seems keen on the developement of this project too.

Building Synergy

It's about time. This plane will accomodate five people.

The Jetsons

MODS: If not in the right place please move. I didn't feel it should go into the "Aircraft Projects Forum."

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Human ingenuity never ceases to amaze.

I can't wait to never see these things ever again, like the water engine cars.
It will look great on the shelf with all the other inexpensive technologies I'm sure.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
the project's developer claims the aircraft has ten times the fuel efficiency of a small jet.

Although often mentioned in the cource of the video, I think fuel economy is the absolute least important cost in investing in such a project.

For example, a quick google search tells me a full Boeing 747 is getting 100 miles per gallon per person, or that a light aircraft can get about 20 miles per gallon.

So 40mpg is nice, but... how much does it actually cost to buy and own over the course of its lifetime?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Cool plane, I still like this one better though.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It is a nifty looking plane, and fuel efficient! Exciting for sure. Why isn't this DeltaHawk biodiesel engine being made for cars or put in cars?

I am including the link to DeltaHawk: www.deltahawkengines.com...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

So 40mpg is nice, but... how much does it actually cost to buy and own over the course of its lifetime?

This is something I wonder too, but it is only a prototype right now. They are in developement. If not this one, I hope one day we all will be using flight or even something better.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
Cool plane, I still like this one better though.

Honestly, I like this plane better. Nice find.

I grew up near an airport and love planes. My son also loves planes especially world war 1 and II planes and wants to get his pilots license, he will probably have it before he even drives a car, lol.

I can just see him having this one taking mom and dad on a flight.

This is what's good about ATS, we learn so much when brains come together, I didn't even know this plane existed, I really like it. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
It is a nifty looking plane, and fuel efficient! Exciting for sure. Why isn't this DeltaHawk biodiesel engine being made for cars or put in cars?

I am including the link to DeltaHawk: www.deltahawkengines.com...

Hey Iamschist,

I like all these planes too. Some of them remind me of the Cessna's especially the top middle picture.

I wonder why cars aren't being made like planes or like the above video 'street legal plane' I like the idea.

I hope that in our lifetimes or our childrens' we will see this leap in aeronautics and freedom to move about the country. And, the DeltaHawk is made in the USA.
Woot Woot!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Human ingenuity never ceases to amaze.

I can't wait to never see these things ever again, like the water engine cars.
It will look great on the shelf with all the other inexpensive technologies I'm sure.

Through all of the failures, surely something wonderful will be gained from the knowledge sought before.

Human ingenuity will amaze even more hopefully.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaphneApollo
reply to post by alfa1

This is something I wonder too, but it is only a prototype right now. They are in developement. If not this one, I hope one day we all will be using flight or even something better.

TBH, personal flight craaft's are very impractical, I mean look at the roads and accidents on them.
An accident 200 feet in the air will be devastating, user error will kill you.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

TBH, personal flight craaft's are very impractical, I mean look at the roads and accidents on them.

This is true, but hasn't it been said that it's safer to fly than drive. Statistics and all.

But, accidents will happen I suppose.

new topics

top topics

join