It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA finals predictions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Wassup everyone just wanted to see what you all think's gonna happen with the nba finals, conference and grand finals.

Personally to be honest I don't know if I can decide between Thunder and Spurs but I think that whoever wins the western conference will win the whole competition. As for the east I think Celtics are gonna beat the heat. Why you may ask? Because KG will beast on any of the Heats big men and because Rondo will be unstoppable. And it's not like last year where the heat just put Lebron on Rose because Rose was a scorer whereas Rondo is more of a passer but they possibly may have to put James on him.

I don't know I could be wrong that's just my personal opinion, what do you guys think?

edit on 27-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Thunder vs. Celtics in 6 games with the Thunder FTW. Though that could be because I'm bias, but the Thunder is not a team to be underestimated.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
reply to post by doodles40

Thunder vs. Celtics in 6 games with the Thunder FTW. Though that could be because I'm bias, but the Thunder is not a team to be underestimated.

Haha my views are unbiased seeing as my teams the Bulls

Yeah man was thinking that, I mean Thunder have improved a lot from last season and I think are more ready for this than they were last year but it's just in saying that the Spurs are pretty consistent and have been there many times before and have a good combination of youth and veterans. But like I said IMO it could go either way because it pretty much will either go the spurs way due to their experience, or the Thunders way because they're the young up and coming superstars.

As for heat and Celtics personally I don't think heat will win a Title with Lebron on their roster, I think if that dude wants a ring he needs to go to a team where he's the one star I mean I know he's improved his assists and all of that but I mean come on lebron isn't considered one of the best in the game right now because of his awesome team work. And just to let you know i'm in no way a Lebron supporter so this is all quite nice coming from me

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Miami against Spurs. Miami in 6.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thunder vs Heat, Thunder in 7 games. Durant Finals MVP. This Thunder team is strong and hungry and I just think they want it more than anyone. I don't really wanna see the Spurs, Celtics or Heat win it at all so I'm going for Thunder all the way. Plus I like their team.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40

but I mean come on lebron isn't considered one of the best in the game right now because of his awesome team work.

Way nicer than I could've put it. He's a gifted athlete, don't get me wrong, but..yeah, B-Ball is a team effort, even Jordan knew this, or more so Phil, perhaps, but yeah. Right now, I think the Thunder have the best "team dynamic", we're focused and hungry. We got loud fans that have filled the stands every game since the beginning (when we weren't even a contender). The Thunder has that fan support factor that counts for alot at this stage in the game. I think that will help. But, that's coming from a fan, so, duh, right? I respect the Spurs, I know they won't be as easy a win as we handed LA. But, still, that was nice, right? Meta-world Peace, last mistake he'll ever make (a little Luke quote paraphrase there, but yeah...o.o; ). Still, in the end, I think we can hang with any team any day, and once the Thunder rolls through SA, people might start taking that bid for a championship seriously.

As for the Heat vs. the Celtics, the Heat can't beat that team dynamic (again, it's all about working as a team, and though the Celtics went 7 games, they've put alot together in the way of team play through these playoffs..not to suggest they didn't in the season, just, they turned it up a notch so to speak.) I feel, and this is again, just personal opinion, that the Heat feels entitled (just as the Lakers did, IMHO) due to their talent level. ln the end, they'll lose their series to the Celtics for the same reason they always lose in the playoffs, because they believe they're so good, they don't give their opponent the credit due.

Then we have the championship of one of the most prestigious teams in basketball vs. the new kid on the block. It's gonna be some good basketball, I know that much. I haven't seen the sport this exciting since the 90s to be honest (when we didn't have a home team, so I too, rooted for the Bulls. I mean, they have Jordan, Rodman, Pippen, Kerr...the list goes on and on, Phil at the helm..I mean, yeah. 90s Bulls FTW as one of the greatest teams ever).

If I was unbiased, I couldn't call that winner, but since I obviously am, it's Thunder, all the way!
edit on 27-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: gammar, way was why, which ofcourse, spell check missed because it can only do so much. ^.~

edit on 27-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: hang was hand...should've caught it the second edit..but, yeah, it's late, I'm buzzed.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

Yeah man I kinda agree. If Celtics and Spurs win it'll just be another notch on the belt, and the heat won't win it because Lebron will choke but the Thunder are going all out, Durant deserves the finals MVP too he should have got MVP

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Yeah man that's the word I was looking for the Heat don't deserve it because they feel entitled to win it, and yeah man they're coming up against the real big 3
I don't like how Miami expected instant success when they got Lebron, I mean look at the celtics they built their way up and that's why they have the edge as a TEAM
I actually used to like the heat before Lebron went there I miss Wades old play which he brought back in that last game against the pacers, was an awesome performance and yet Lebron still got all the credit for having an average game?

And I agree Lebron is definitely an amazing athlete but he ruins it with his attitude. I mean come on dude you can't guarantee 7 straight titles before you've even been on the court with the team then when you start losing try and become all humble and about the team

Ah anyway I'm sure we could both talk rubbish about Lebron all day but that's probably enough

And yeah man how awesome would a Thunder Celtic Final be, as the commentators would say "You couldn't script it any better"

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Funny how everyone dismisses the Spurs... and who won last night?!

They have always been the underdogs everytime they won a championship!
They are not the most flashy team or pretty or always consistant. However, they look better this year than
they have in a few years. So you can hate, it's ok, they never get the respect they deserve. I just have one thing to say..............GINOBILIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mccw2003

Na man if you read my posts I said that either spurs or thunder will win the championship

And agreed man you can't ever underestimate a team with such experienced veterans, and you're right they aren't flashy at all but they don't need to be, they're the sort of team that can just use the fundamentals of basketball really well to the point of perfection.

There is a very real chance that the spurs could win it, however like I said above in a previous post there is also a very real chance of the thunder winning it too
edit on 28-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I haven't written off the spurs, and as they've shown, they're more than ready to take the conference. But to not support the home team and hope to see them in their first championship against a legend like the Celtics (one of many reasons I'd like to see them beat the Heat) would've made for good drama, good basket ball. You can't realistically write off any team in the playoffs, they're all there for a reason. But in sports, you pick sides, I pick Thunder FTW. One loss in a 7 game series is hardly the nail in the coffin. Now wait and see me have to eat those words in a few ^.~
edit on 28-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: i have no idea -.-

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hahaha man I had to mega eat my words this season I was boasting from the start that it would be a bulls thunder final this year

I'm gutterd as that D Rose is probably out all next season aswell

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Dam looks like I was wrong.... for this game at least

The heat shut rondo down! Although I think rondo should have just played his usual game rather than be pressured to score.

Dam Wade was so slick in that game

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

One loss in a 7 game series is hardly the nail in the coffin. Now wait and see me have to eat those words in a few

I hate the Heat. I hate Leborn...it's not really hate...it's dislike, but you guys know what I mean. Perhaps I'm just player hating. But it took 7 for the celtics to take phil, maybe they need to go the distance with the Heat too. Again, no one made it this far without skill.

From the look of it, the Thunder are in the same boat if they really want that title chance.

In the end, this all makes good basketball. We actually care who wins and loses. I know for years for me personally, this wasn't the case. Too often everything seems a "shoe in". Now, we're all intense on "who is gonna win it?" and this isn't even the championship. It's nice to see B-Ball back in competive motion with talent that makes it worth watching.

edit on 28-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: quoting myself without anything extra to say is stupid. My bad.

edit on 28-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: after thought.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Lebron almost averages a Triple Double....are you people for real?? Quit hating and just give him credit. If you know ANYTHING about Basketball, which at the surface it sounds like some of you do, you have to admit we probably havent seen a player like Lebron since MJ and before that you might need to go back another 20 yrs.

Durant is sick but I dont say, "he got owned by Manu" LOL. Come on now, Internet haters are soooo funny.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The Spurs are on a roll. But, at this level every team is playing a "team" game. They have Stephen Jackson for goodnes sakes. Remember that guy?? I will remind you, he knocked out fans in the stands along with Meta in Indiana.

I think it might come down to Coaching but I guarantee you that EVERY Coach in the NBA would want Lebron on there team, including POP.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Yeah man totally agree! And not just the playoffs but this entire season has been pretty awesome and it was meant to suck because of the lockout haha.

I think this year was a more even spread through the teams and would have been much more interesting if it weren't for injury. I mean look at the timberwolves, IMO they would have been a western threat if rubio didn't have that season ending injury, Imagine how the bulls would have played if it wasn't for rose being injured. I mean at the start of the season who would have thought the nuggets would have almost taken out the lakers and the pacers would almost take out the heat in the playoffs?

And there are many more examples but yeah glad this years been so awesome and this just proves why I love the sport so much

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

The Spurs are on a roll. But, at this level every team is playing a "team" game. They have Stephen Jackson for goodnes sakes. Remember that guy?? I will remind you, he knocked out fans in the stands along with Meta in Indiana.

I think it might come down to Coaching but I guarantee you that EVERY Coach in the NBA would want Lebron on there team, including POP.

Wonderful points, and totally agree. Anyone wants LJ, though I'd be happy with CP3's return to OKC.

Originally posted by hoochymama
Lebron almost averages a Triple Double....are you people for real?? Quit hating and just give him credit. If you know ANYTHING about Basketball, which at the surface it sounds like some of you do, you have to admit we probably havent seen a player like Lebron since MJ and before that you might need to go back another 20 yrs.

Durant is sick but I dont say, "he got owned by Manu" LOL. Come on now, Internet haters are soooo funny.

Perhaps I'm just player hating.

Atleast I admit it? ^.^:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Yeah alright gotta give him some credit but I guess that's the price of being a superstar I mean I guess the dude puts up massive numbers regularly so it just seems average now. I dunno I still feel like there's something still missing in his game which I can't quite put my finger on but once he figures it out he'll be on that next level with Jordan but i'd say that aint happening any time soon

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
reply to post by hoochymama

Yeah alright gotta give him some credit but I guess that's the price of being a superstar I mean I guess the dude puts up massive numbers regularly so it just seems average now. I dunno I still feel like there's something still missing in his game which I can't quite put my finger on but once he figures it out he'll be on that next level with Jordan but i'd say that aint happening any time soon

Ah and thought I'd just add before hoochymama calls me out on it
that I don't mean that in an insulting way but I mean look at Jordan even he didn't have instant success, didn't it take him like 5 or 6 seasons before he won a ring? (Correct me if I'm wrong)
All I'm saying is lebron still needs too hit that next level tier of his game

God, never thought I'd be defending Lebron in comparison to Jordan

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join