It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaids on Animal Planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me anything about this show? I'm watching it now and MANY things are jumping out to me saying, "Hoax!!!" Screaming, really...

A supposed German guy with German usage and grammar issues. Like German is a second language for him.

Footage that just doesn't seem right. Evn if it's a dramatization (when they claimit isn't).

Events and timelines of incidents that don't hang together.

The "info" on the show says its a documentary. Would Animal Planet jeopardize their reputation like this? Or what IS their rep? I don't really watch the channel.

It just seems really dishonest if they're playing it the way they are and it's a fictional show. I'd just write it off but the more I thought about it, the more it's bothering me.

Thanks for any help.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nevermind. Seems my Sidney sense was right. Hoax.

Earlier thread

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I was fishin one day and my line got snagged. I pulled on it and it slowly came towards me as i pulled. I thought i could get my line off of whatever it was and was curious to what my line caught. It was comming towards me with the current, i honestly thought it was a log that broke free. When the log got closer it swirled a bit then stopped. I thought i hit a hole or something and kept pulling and pulling. Finally this thing came shooting out of the water. I only saw this huge fin. It was so fast and i wasn't paying attention to that part of the water. My line ran upstream and then down stream. This woman looking fish thing stood up in the water and said to me. SO, did you catch anything. I was dumbfounded and i just stared. The thing repeated and said, WELL. Then said, if you fish down there by the tree overhanging in the water you might catch a nice big fish and you can go home and SMOKE it. Make sure you add in some more mushrooms and come back later today so we can chat awhile. I ran away never to return again and i left my pole there.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just watched it myself-highly interesting. Usually scientists are not the perpetrators of a hoax. I too am against this sonar stuff that is causing the mass beachings. Can you find and add the kids ph video.. Was that a hoax- I think yes by the kids..Then the whole CGI creatures shown thoughout the show actually look like that one. They never clarified that. Might be good to find that if possible and add here.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hey guys,

The audio recordings were real, the show was fiction. Anybody see the disclaimer at the end of the show?

Though certain events in this film are fictional
navy sonar tests have been directly
implicated in whale beachings.
“The Bloop” is a real phenomenon.
There is still debate about what it may be.
None of the institutions or agencies that
appear in the film are affiliated or associated with it
in any way, nor have they approved its contents.
Any similarities in the film to actual persons
living or dead is entirely coincidental.

I can't post the link to the other forum that caught this, but all the people on there were actors. I confirmed that after a 30 second Google search. None of it was real. It was kind of in the spirit of the "Dragons" documentary that they had a few years back.

ETA: And I lost 2 hours of my life that I won't get back, thanks to this bunk show.

-TS
edit on 27-5-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I feel like this video should have been brought up in either this thread or the older one that's been linked to. I can find nothing debunking this video, and the only proof being the word of the cameraman.

Anyone have any information on this?

I would appreciate seriousness, as this whole thing may well be bunk, but there's seems to be a strong possibility it is not.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

That is an amazing story.

Was she pretty?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in one of the earlier threads.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join