It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Listening to ATS Radio on Low Bandwidth...Transmission Cut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
ATS Live 111

I was just listeing to ATS Radio on Low Bandwidth. The commentator was speaking of his Military days at an unnamed military camp. He mentioned the improper storage of Chemical Weapons and Nuclear materials. As soon as it came out of his mouth, the transmission was cut. I can't get it back. What's up? Seems odd. Shoutcast is typically reliable. If the transmission was cut on purpose by a 3rd party, the timing was perfect to imply censorship.

edit on 26-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

10 minutes now. Still off. I've tried multiple links.
edit on 26-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Have you tried switching everything off and waiting 20 secs before powering back on again?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatungaMassala
Have you tried switching everything off and waiting 20 secs before powering back on again?

It came back after the interview.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Reminds me of that time that Art Bell's broadcast was cut in the middle of the show when he was interviewing a former Area 51 employee.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

It was most likely a technical error, stuff like that happens. Not everything is a secret government conspiracy.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
If the transmission was cut on purpose by a 3rd party, the timing was perfect to imply censorship.

To happen at such perfect timing as you describe seems a bit unlikely for a third party. I feel like it was just a coincidence, and the timing just worked out to be in such a way that it is reasonable to justify a third party involvement, etc.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Technology... I once had my Skype cut out in the middle of a word on the old Unleashed Show while I was saying "I used to be addicted to puns." and then went into a 3 minute barrage of puns and other poor jokes. However what came out was "I used to be addic..." Which in due course was laughed at for a good 3 minutes by the studio. I came back near the end of my pun filled rant completely unaware of what had happened and thought that they were just being kind by laughing.

Often times if the stream just cuts out like that, refreshing the player will bring it back. Though they may have had a problem with the second (low bandwidth) stream tonight. I wasn't in studio to know for sure tonight.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I was listening at the same time. What happened was you were listening to a re-broadcast and it came up to the half-hour before current ATS Live show #111 was getting ready to air and at that point they usually switch over to re-broadcast music in that half-hour before show time. The changeover today was neither smooth, swift, seamless, nor without almost 15 minutes of dead time. It was the same on the low b/w and the regular broadcast.

Yeah, I typically tune-in early and get settled into the chat room before Live broadcasts. It can be a bit frustrating when listening to an interesting interview or discussion re-broadcast and the changeover occurs in middle of it. This was nothing unusual that happened when the stream was cut.

On the plus side, I hope you did stay with it and tune back in after kind of a long cutt-off. Tonight's show interviewed UFO researcher and author Timothy Good. It was an interesting show.

edit on 27-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join