It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the gospel of jesus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I am sorry!

For being rude.
edit on 26-5-2012 by putnamcrab because: (no reason given)

Constatine my have hidden or destroyed them...
edit on 26-5-2012 by putnamcrab because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I think I understand the jist of what you are saying. Words do indeed change in time, and also in context. Look at the constitution for example. Many people misinterpret the meaning, because the language in that time was a lot different. And that is not nearly as old. Also, translations are a big problem, I wish I spoke the ancient tongues. Would be nice to be fluent in aramaic, hebrew and latin for instance.

Thanks for the link, Got it bookmarked for a rainy day.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by putnamcrab

What happened to the book judas or mary magdellen?

Enoch and Abrahams vision of heaven, among countless other texts. They are there if you seek them out. Some are sealed. Look at the Little Scroll written about in Revelations, it is written this is sealed until the end. Father releases information when it is time.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by dayve

With respect the OP did not say Jesus didn't or couldn't read..

..he asks how come he did not write anything.

Personally i think it might be because he never existed in the first place.

Just my opinion.

Cosmic..

i know, thats y i edited , i misread. But Idk about the writing, i dont think its really relevant to anything.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by dayve

Hmmm, wish I saw what you wrote before you edited it lol.

is not much to go on.

I thought it said did he read, i skimmed it.... I just left the
for the hell of it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by putnamcrab

No sweat, I am pretty used to things getting angry and heated fast in this section. Got to let things roll off your back when you dive into religion really. People often take questions and musings as attacks. I am sure some of it has to do with my communication skills. I have always had a lot of trouble translating my thoughts to words. Perhaps maybe that is another reason that the great teachers seemed to not write a whole lot. Maybe they had that same problem.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Oh ok gotcha. It's kind of hard to know, back then, even simple things(well they seem simple in our times at least), like reading and writing was not a widespread thing. Things we take for granted now, was not necessarily the same in old times. I am thankful that we have these basic things pretty widespread. I would have probably gone nuts long ago if it weren't for the ability to read and write.

Even generations ago, reading was not that widespread. I had three great uncles that were brilliant at their trades, yet they were totally illiterate. One of the funniest family moments, my great uncle(who couldn't read) bought himself some hair dye, and asked my cousin to put it on for him. Cousin didn't bother reading the bottle other than the directions. He bought purple hair dye. What a mess that was. He was so mad.
edit on Sat, 26 May 2012 19:55:16 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Written by Constatine! 300 years after Jesus died... to hide the fact that Jesus tought the multible god theory, and too hide the fact that Jesus married Mary Magdellan, He labeled her a whore. Too discredit Judas's book speaking of Jesus teaching the multigod theory, he made him a back stabber... just saying!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by TKDRL

The most important people to ever walk the earth never wrote their words themselves. Jesus, Aristotle, Confucius, Muhammad (Mirrored Truth) and so on. Read their words, written by disciples, and you are reading true perspective to find truth.

Wrong there Ed, you are getting the disciples version of the Truth. Or in most cases you are getting some early christian churches version of the truth when in fact what they may well have been doing is simply writing a some scripture, in many cases hundreds of years after the event, in order to give themselves some sense of legitimency. Few of the disciples themselves ever wrote what is commonly attributed to them.

Source

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

That's what I am saying!!!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I think it would be very relevant, if say he did write a gospel, and it reads very different from the other gospels, don't you? I would take the teacher's word over the student anyday.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by TKDRL

The most important people to ever walk the earth never wrote their words themselves. Jesus, Aristotle, Confucius, Muhammad (Mirrored Truth) and so on. Read their words, written by disciples, and you are reading true perspective to find truth.

Wrong there Ed, you are getting the disciples version of the Truth. Or in most cases you are getting some early christian churches version of the truth when in fact what they may well have been doing is simply writing a some scripture, in many cases hundreds of years after the event, in order to give themselves some sense of legitimency. Few of the disciples themselves ever wrote what is commonly attributed to them.

Source

The gift and station of the scribe was a position of honor. Likely, there was a scribe somewhere who realized the significance of who Jesus was.

scribes

I will side with historical context and tradition to see that it is more probable that a scribe recorded the history that was obvious to the trained eye. The format of the entire Bible follows the rules of hermetically sealing scripture. Hillel's Seven Rules of rightly dividing truth verify.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You do forget about the editors though. In perspective, journelists of today. They may write the total facts, they may have integrity. If the editor wishes, the work written by today's journelists with integrity, may be revised, or even left out altogether, according the editor's discretion.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You do forget about the editors though. In perspective, journelists of today. They may write the total facts, they may have integrity. If the editor wishes, the work written by today's journelists with integrity, may be revised, or even left out altogether, according the editor's discretion.

God is the editor. Even our movies are unfolding the story to us as authors and playwrights are unwittingly inspired.

The storyline is written on our hearts. We know it by intuition.

Example. Link
edit on 26-5-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I hope you are right. The more I pay attention to people around me, the more I feel like an alien....

For example this weekend, memorial day weekend. I hear many people that are supposedly against war, talking up the support the troops hype..... How can you be against war, and at the same time support those that sell their souls for a mere pittance, and do the bidding of the bloodhungry?

It's like saying you are against animal abuse, but support the cock owners in the cockfight rings. It is like being against child abuse, but support the people that traffic children for sex. Etc etc, makes zero sense to me.

I try my hardest to love everyone as my brother/sister, but I still have not found the secret of loving the people that exploit the weak. Try as I may, I cannot relate to people like this. I wish I knew the secret, I cannot even forgive myself some of the things I have done.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
he was busy healing lepers, no time to write about himself

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

I think it would be very relevant, if say he did write a gospel, and it reads very different from the other gospels, don't you? I would take the teacher's word over the student anyday.

Wellllll......Cant argue with that.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Either read The Poem of The Man God, which is the most accurate and longest gospel, or read the gospel of John which is written by the angel witness

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Don't know about you, but I lead a busy life myself. Even then, I find the time to write my thoughts down in my journal, to try and express myself in forums like this. Even when I was working 7 days a week, 8-12 hours a day back in NY, I took the time to write my thoughts down once a day. Even if it was just a paragraph, I wrote something.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesk8s247

I will seek them out. AFAIK those are new to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join