It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did NASA "bomb" the moon to hide something?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Thanks fore the reply. There is a lot to go over. I appreciate the links

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
There are good reasons for having "some" secrets, even if we all should fight for a world that would make it unnecessary.

The ONLY reason I believe NASA would hold a secret,it has found,on the Moon,is because it would shake the foundation of what people believe in,or have been feed as fact. There is really NO other way to rationalize a secret,discovered on the moon.

Those are the type of "secrets",that could propel man,to a greater height of being. A secret that could propel our world,into something,man has only dreamed of. A united World,on a quest for knowledge,never seen.

Secrecy is the badge of fraud. ~Sir John Chadwick

Just my Humble Opinion......

edit on 26-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well there have been 13 spacecraft that have impacted the moon since 1959.

The latest impactor from NASA had the LRO watching it as it occurred...

I wasnt aware of 13 total. Do you know how many have impacted since say 1972 to date?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

NASA is a geopolitical tool that has extremely close ties with the defense and military complex that has a strong hold on USA government and has corrupted the USA democracy into an Corporatocracy.

It is interesting to note that the time this taking of power occurred is populated by multiple events that can be easily have a correlation. A bit of knowledge of US history can easily find fulcrums to this anti-democratic inclination, the US has always been a very socially fractured nation.

The Moon landing, Vietnam war, Cuba crisis, Bay of pigs, JFK assassination from this is more or less the time frame for the decline of the US after finding itself almost in a position of world domination at the end of WW2.

I bet there are a lot of secrets most of us do not know but there is even more lack of general information of known subjects that should serve as giveaways to some of them.

PS:I'm also one of those "crazy" people that do not believe in the Moon landing as portrayed, as such I do not have NASA in very much consideration and less even the general governance of the US, that has been proven time and time again to engage in very nefarious and low moral affairs. The apple does not fall far from the tree, the British have a similar history even if they are often more discrete and restrain themselves from doing things in such a big and large scale and ultimately they do it only for their own national benefit, while the US does it for the benefit of a very small part of its constituency even when clearly doing harm to the rest.

edit on 26-5-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Are you saying you think there is some truth behind this theory or just trying to get a broad opinion from members for your short story?

When I first saw your thread title I was assuming it related to the LCROSS bombing but thought there may have been a conspiracy theory behind it in your thread.

NASA Set to Dive Bomb the Moon - Date: 08 October 2009

A NASA spacecraft and its trusty rocket stage are drawing ever closer to the moon to intentionally crash to their doom Friday, all in the name of science.

The Centaur rocket stage weighs 5,216 pounds (2,366 kg), about as much as a sport utility vehicle, and will slam into the moon at about 5,600 mph (9,010 kph).

Full Article - Space.com

So then I assume from your OP that you are asking if it could have been bombed for more sinister purposes at earlier points in history?

It's plausible I guess (it's covered in craters) but I have never heard any evidence or any real theories about it.

What are your thoughts?

+5 more 
posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Honestly...

As much as I am a NASA supporter I don't trust them nor believe everything they say. Esp the moon program Oh, I believe we went to the moon. I'm not a "Apollo was a hoax" supporter but, having said that, there are questionable photos. Some interesting radio messages and too many black out periods [too many to be easily explained IMO] during various space programs/missions. There have been a few secret shuttle launches [No telling what they were putting up or bringing back] besides "Secret Spy Sats" etc.

The Hubble was nearsighted. [Give me a freaking break]
The most expensive and sophisticated instrument at the time needed "Contact lenses"
Sounds to me like the Pentagon wanted to use it first to either spy on Russia/China or look at something on the Moon, Mars or floating/stationed in the Lagrangian point first.

Then after that was done then they went up and fixed it for civilian use.
edit on 26-5-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Yeah I agree with most of that, there are so many holes in stories and missing information that I would feel stupid not to question things..

It's hard to believe that Apollo was hoax, although I think things were kept secret about the missions...

There was a recent interview with Neil Armstrong, he also mentioned he left a camera up there and if someone could return it he would be grateful lol!!

Neil Armstrong Recalls Hair-Raising Apollo Moon Landing - May 24, 2012

In an hour-long conversation with Alex Malley of CPA Australia, Armstrong retold the story of his life as an astronaut, culminating in the 1969 landing, with his crewmate Buzz Aldrin, on the lunar plain they called Tranquility Base.

"I should say I thought we had a 90 percent chance of getting back to Earth on that flight," Armstrong said in this rare interview, "but only a 50-50 chance of making a successful landing on the first attempt."

Armstrong was asked about the rumors over the years that the moon landings were faked, and he chuckled. "It was never a concern to me because I know that one day, somebody's going to go fly back up there and pick up the camera that I left."

Full Article and Video - ABC News

The whole Hubble thing makes me laugh! After all that time and money and then it gets up there and is "near sighted" pfft to that!

edit on 26-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The Hubble was near sited. [Give me a freaking break] The most expensive and sophisticated instrument at the time need "Contact lenses"
Sounds to me like the Pentagon wanted to use it first to either spy on Russia/China or look at the moon and or Mars first. Then after that was done then they went up and fixed it for civilian use.

edit on 26-5-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Which makes you wonder about the amount of 'lost' probes that were sent to Mars.. like the British one that was 'lost' for example.

each of the "objects" in the crater bowl could be explained by other phenomena. However, he argues, it is unlikely to be mere coincidence that so many unusual features are to be found "within 20m of each other".

"We've had the pessimists round saying 'we've already seen something like that'. But they haven't seen them all together," he told the BBC.

Crater bounce

Based on the features found in the crater, members of the Beagle 2 team have reconstructed what might have happened to Beagle as it touched down on the Red Planet.

"There is a lot of disturbance in this crater, particularly a big patch on the north crater wall which we think is the primary impact site," Professor Pillinger explains.

"There are then other features around the crater consistent with the airbags bouncing around and finally falling down into the middle. Then, when you cut the lace, the airbags fall apart giving three very symmetrical triangles."

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

From my Stars Wars thread. I'm sure NASA and the Pentagon have been doing all kinds of behind the scenes projects. Some tested right out in the open.

Hmmm....
I wonder...

Russia says foreign power may have caused spy satellite loss

The Russian space agency suggested Monday that a foreign power may have been behind the space accident that disabled one of the country's most modern military satellites earlier this month.

Russia on February 1 launched a high-tech Geo-IK-2 craft to help the military draw a three-dimensional map of the Earth and locate the precise positions of various targets.

News reports said the satellite was a vital part of Russia's effort to match the United States and NATO's ability to target its missiles from space.

But the craft briefly went missing after its launch only to re-emerge in a wrong orbit that left the craft unable to complete its assigned task.

Russia Concerned U.S. May Deploy Space-Based Assets

From September 26, 2006 :: Defense Daily International :: News

According to retired Russian General Vladimir Dworkin, now senior researcher with the Center for International Security at the Institute for World Economy and International Relations of the Russian Academy of Science, Russia’s concerns about lasers in space do not apply to existing components of the multi-layered U.S. missile defense system, such as the Airborne Laser. “We’ve gotten used to it,” Dworkin said. “But if you’re talking about reviving … Star Wars,” perhaps by resurrecting Brilliant Pebbles or developing a laser BMD system, then that “would be a shock” to Russians that they would not easily get used to. The more the U.S. pushes to develop a space-based BMD system, the more sharply Russia would be likely to respond, Dworkin warned.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Odd you should mention that. I was just reading an article that said Russia has intent to field a moon base by 2015, and begin large scale export of Helium-3 back to Earth from it by 2020.

I said to myself "Self," says I, "that's mighty ambitious for a country that's not supposed to even have put their FIRST man on the moon."

Things that make you go "hmmm...."

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

In regards to your OP and your final question my answer is this: not only do I think it's possible, I think its highly probable. You could say I support NASA but at arms length. I like being able to look at their pictures and do appreciate the small tidbits they make available for us to view and toss around. However I don't trust them at all. It's known they photoshop as much as Playboy, and we just kind of have to deal with that. And I agree with your assessment of radio black outs, fuzzy space shuttle imagery and the likes. A little too much of it to just be glitches in the system, especially when they happen at the most interesting times.

IMO there is still way too much we don't know about the moon or the missions that have taken place on it. I have no doubt that men have walked on it, but for exactly what reason I've never been sure... I've never been partial to the official reasons and even the apallo mission transcripts make a man scratch his head. Music on the dark side of the moon? Very weird.

I've also had lots of 'wild speculations' about Hubble. Having spent a long time hunched over my own telescope looking at the sky, I've often wondered exactly what it may look like to a person sitting on the moon with a scope powerful enough to see roads, or even see us living our day to day lives. Kind of creepy to then come to the realization that the big guys have been doing exactly that with satellites and space based scopes. The spooks have cameras that can see the letters 'HANES' on the top of your boxers when you bend over to pick up the paper in the morning.

Any way you look at it there's more questions after every answer in regards to NASA and the moon. Here's a teaser for those willing to open up the rabbit holes, the military has some serious hardware in the heavens, not just NASA. That goes for the Russians too, and the Chinese... Probably the Brits and the French.... Oh and definitely the Israelis.

Thanks for the great reading, as always Slayer.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

So shall it remain until the power base is wrested from the corporatists.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I suspect China has been back and forth to the moon as they have pleased. Think about it. If we made it to the moon with our limited technology in the 60's, how much more could China accomplish today being the new superpower with far superior technology than in those days? If we didn't go to the moon in 69, well China now has the technology to go there and beyond I suspect. Don't think anyone would be hiding anything there, they are probably using the moon as a waste dump or a garbage yard by now to dump all of their nuclear waste.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
well since this is skunk works

didnt u know we never went to the damm moon

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
As you know research starts from a suspicion, and evidence is cummulative, but eywitnesses are unreliable as is inside evidence from the suspect. You have to realize there is no truth about moon, moonlanding or lunar programmes, the only idea was to make the programme as perpetual as possible to ensure flow of paychecks.

youtu.be...

edit on 08.15.09 by Advancedboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I've always wondered if we had parallel moon missions, a real mission and a staged mission for the cameras in case something went wrong.

It would have been necessary due to the space race. Keeping up appearances and all.

So, if a manned mission went bad and some guys got left on the moon, either from sickness (radiation) or due to equipment failure, a staged crew could be swapped in to ensure success at all costs.

So, maybe there was a disabled lander up there, corpses and all, and it needed wiped out.

"Did we go to the moon?" "Sure!"

"Was it staged?" "Sure!"

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm reading a book at the moment that makes claims that NASA wanted you to think the moon landings were faked as a little insurance for when/if something happened, and that they were there to remove te remains of former intelligent life and their structures on the moon. Which is why they stopped going and now that everyone else want to they all of a sudden want to go back. Hmmm

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
nasa is not allowed to bomb the moon or anything in the cosmos...

if you were the creator of a universe would you allow beings to bomb anything?

i would not and it frustrates me to even think of it...

wake up Humans...

please wake up

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
After many many years of going back and forth on whether Richard C. Hoagland was full of bull, I have fallen on his side of the fence. "There is a secret NASA space program", makes more sense than anything. SIr Arthur Conan Doyle had a saying in Sherlock Holmes " when you eliminate the obvious, all that remains however improbable, HAS to be the truth":

For me, NASA must have something else going on. The book co written by Hoagland, "Dark Mission..." with the pic of an R2D2 looking head supposedly found on the moon, seems compelling. Hard to argue against that there were some strange anomolies with the radio contact during Apollo missions and hard to argue against that the astronauts themselves have given us reason to believe just like in the movie 2001 that 'something extraordinary' happened. As a life long sci fi fan I can only hope we did not act like barbarians if we did get an invitation to join the universe.
edit on 26-5-2012 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Tbh

Even without the conspiracy angle...

Who the hell do they think they are bombing the moon in the first place??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join