It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I was labeled as a nutcase and a gay because talking about Fukushima&Increasing earthquakes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don`t know which category this belongs but as the title above says I was at my coffee break today when our big department store`s 50year old fish chief came(he handles the fish section of the store) and sat down. The cleanerwoman was also present there and we were having a conversation about the movies. Somehow the talkin moved towards china and then I started to talk about the Fukushimas current situation which isn`t covered in the mainstream news(at least in here Finland).

I told them that I saw an interview of some professor who talked about how this whole planet would be destroyed if Fukushima would be hit by another big earthquake or tsunami. I also told them that there has been many earthquakes this year and the earthquakes had been almost doubled every year if you look at the past.

I also discussed:
- How fukushimas radioactivity is noticed in USA
- About Alaskan mutated fish
- How China threats Austaria to "choose its side" while USA increases soldiers in Australia

Suddenly this guy goes to the kitchen to leave his coffee mug while I am speaking something and makes this odd hint about some gayclub and that I would visit there. I of course am little bit confused and ask him that if he means that I would visit there? And he says: "Yeah". I try to say something back and say: "Sorry I dont visit bars cause their so costly, how did you know that bar`s name, do you visit it secretly on Saturdays". Cleanerwoman starts to laugh to my sentence and says to fishman: "Busted".

Well to cut the story short, I really wonder that guys reaction. I thought that those thing would be interesting subjects to talk about but this labels me as a nutcaser/gay because of them. I am little bit sad and confused and little bit hurt too cause all I wanted to was talk about interesting events happening around the world. I now that I did not do anything wrong and I really didn`t preach about the subject with crazy look in my eyes or anythin, just talked normally.

I learned one thing, I will never talk about any news to any people unless it is covered in local mainstream media. I didn`t know that some people would react like that.
Luckily the Cleanerwoman was cool with the subjects. I just dont get it, if I was to hear about those things for the first time I would be really interested about the subjects.
edit on 25-5-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

People don't like their reality being messed with, doesn't matter if it's the truth. Sometimes the truth is just too scary or too far out there to even want to take a chance on believing certain things. Ignorance is bliss and if someone doesn't want to know something, they will fight you tooth and nail to make what you say "untrue" even if it requires insulting, berating or discrediting you. The point isn't necessarily to be right, it's to win.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Are you gay ?
Or just super sensitive ?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well....your username is rhinestonecowboy.....just sayin.

2nd

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Thanks for supporting text mate! That episode made me very sad and I almost blamed myself thinking "did I do something wrong or why he reacted like that". So I had to write about this to here so I could deal with it.

Cheers mate: RhinestoneCowboy

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Welcome to the United States. I was labelled a "faggot" for being up too date on current global events at my work.

The movie "Idiocracy" is sure getting it right.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Are you gay ?
Or just super sensitive ?

I know I am sensitive but I think that guy went over the line by saying those things. It would be ok to joke about that Im a nut but a gay? How does that is connected to anything about those things lol? Conspiracist = Gay?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RhinestoneCowboy
I learned one thing, I will never talk about any news to any people unless it is covered in local mainstream media.

Congratulations. You learned the lesson you're supposed to learn. The one we are all being taught.

"Shut your mouth. Don't talk back. Follow the crowd. Ignore anyone or anything different. Don't think for yourself"

Why not do a little research on what you were talking to them about. Print out your findings, and leave them on the coffee table for them to ponder over.

Challenge them in other words.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I would never bring ATS topics in the workplace. Always keep the ATS topics here. To prevent that type of response.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Well....your username is rhinestonecowboy.....just sayin.

2nd

Aah my username comes from Glen Campbells song named Rhinestone Cowboy cause I love country music. I`ve heard that there is some gay comicstory? too named Rhinestone Cowboy. So yeah I am not a gay but I have nothing against gays or any other minorities. Maybe I was just shocked that there is rude people like that.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

It's not connected to being gay in any way whatsoever.

This is what happens when you push back, even a little, against what 99% of people consider "normal"

You get assaulted.

It's water down your back. Consider it a compliment if you have to. Simply trying to figure out the truth about matters is not a crime. If someone feels threatened by that, it's their problem. Don't make it yours.

link   

I don't think we're supposed to say "a gay" anymore.

Otherwise, you are surprised that an intellectual conversation about foreign countries and current events didn't go over well with the fish cleaner and janitor lady?

Come on man, you got to get your material right for the audience at hand. Talk about the Miami Heat, Nascar, Budweiser, gas prices, fried foods, or child welfare services in that crowd, not Japan or Geography!!

link   

it seems your sensitivity to the subject related to others in concerns with Fukushima and its effects on EA*RTH upset the individual who made the statments to you, do to them having a lack of compassion for others. So if you possess compassion for others dont feel bad another talked of you weird or made judgment on you due to them not caring as you do. I dont gather the connection made, but maybe its a hidden issue with the individual who couldnt get the importance of how this world can or would be effected by the disaster in Japan.

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
Congratulations. You learned the lesson you're supposed to learn. The one we are all being taught.

"Shut your mouth. Don't talk back. Follow the crowd. Ignore anyone or anything different. Don't think for yourself"

Why not do a little research on what you were talking to them about. Print out your findings, and leave them on the coffee table for them to ponder over.

Challenge them in other words.

Hell no, I dont wanna talk about these subject anymore with anybody I dont know from heart. Not even to my friends. So yeah Valuable lesson learned.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I would never bring ATS topics in the workplace. Always keep the ATS topics here. To prevent that type of response.

Horrible advice.

This defeats the point entirely. What's the point of trying to find the truth, if after you've found it, you're not going to share it?

epic fail

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It's not connected to being gay in any way whatsoever.

This is what happens when you push back, even a little, against what 99% of people consider "normal"

You get assaulted.

It's water down your back. Consider it a compliment if you have to. Simply trying to figure out the truth about matters is not a crime. If someone feels threatened by that, it's their problem. Don't make it yours.

Wise words HossBoss wise words.

link   

OP don't be discouraged by those fools! I get shutdown all the time but it doesnt phase me! Don't let it phase you either or the truth will never come out!

link   

I don't have anything else to say on the matter other than it's unfortunate you were defeated so easily.

In any case,

peace

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't think we're supposed to say "a gay" anymore.

Otherwise, you are surprised that an intellectual conversation about foreign countries and current events didn't go over well with the fish cleaner and janitor lady?

Come on man, you got to get your material right for the audience at hand. Talk about the Miami Heat, Nascar, Budweiser, gas prices, fried foods, or child welfare services in that crowd, not Japan or Geography!!

Yeah I guess I should talk about Ice Hockey and beer and women etc LOL. That is more "non gayish" I guess LOL!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I don't have anything else to say on the matter other than it's unfortunate you were defeated so easily.

In any case,

peace

Peace to you to man! I was defeated but luckily I got my little chance to snap back at him. Usually I just shut down and cant think about anything clever to say back. I decided that I will still talk about all these interesting world events but I will be more careful who to talk to.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join