It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible FEMA CAMP? Confirm or Debunk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

The official version makes more sense now, after reading your last post.

Interestingly, there is barbed wire there. I am not surprised, it is a military installation after all.
But I did find it interesting.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight: a 1,500 sq mile training camp needs to have an area to store things securely behind fences? And the military has guard towers? This is UNPRECEDENTED!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Given that this is a training facility, having a barbed wire enclosure shouldn't be surprising. I live in Arizona, not far from a military training area. The entire place is surrounded by Razor Wire. There is also a military supply yard near by that is also closed off in the same manner. It's to keep unwanted intruders out and to prevent theft of military property.

Also, Zarniwoop, I love your signature.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
So, let me get this straight: a 1,500 sq mile training camp needs to have an area to store things securely behind fences? And the military has guard towers? This is UNPRECEDENTED!

What you might need to get straight is that this is a conspiracy website.
Don't be so shocked if someone asks questions.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vageryn

Given that this is a training facility, having a barbed wire enclosure shouldn't be surprising. I live in Arizona, not far from a military training area. The entire place is surrounded by Razor Wire. There is also a military supply yard near by that is also closed off in the same manner. It's to keep unwanted intruders out and to prevent theft of military property.

Also, Zarniwoop, I love your signature.

edit on 24-5-2012 by Vageryn
because: (no reason given)
Yes, agreed. I have been on more than a few military bases.
As I posted above, I am not surprised that there is barbed wire there.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

What you say is true. However, conspiracy website or not, there is a certain level of common sense one expects from other members. Given that there is no conspiracy in this case and this is a fairly well known military training center stanguilles7's comment is valid if a bit over dramatic.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vageryn

over dramatic

Yep, that and putting words in my mouth, belittling me in my opinion.
The poster also blamed the OP for this:

We're debunking. You're blindly believing and manufacturing evidence.

when, in fact, the OP did a much better job of debunking it himself. IMO

edit on 24-5-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
definitely looks like an internment facility, especially when you look at the diagrams from hr645 and other 'leaked' documents.

Could be a training facility like this one... thoughtcrimeradio.net...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
As a Fema death camp admin, I can neither confirm nor deny its a Fema camp.

It is most likely a regular military building structure to me though. Its probably just a storage facility and a barracks.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
In many training areas used today towers are used as observation points where Commanders are able to maintain a birds eye view of how troops move into and out of an area and then perform an AAR on how they did.

There are hundreds of these types of facilities all over the place...most on established bases or close to guard units to facilitate training...many mock ups exist so troops are able to train before they head off to war. Towers are also used by those tasked with simulation events such as IED explosions...gun fire....and RPG attacks...they control these type events from the towers thru remote controls.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

ProTip: "Conspiracy' doesnt mind Wild and baseless speculation that willfully ignores facts', genius.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

like a famous song once said " it fun to stay at the f.e.m.a. oh wait that's y.m.c.a sorry thought I was onto something. /'\

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

ProTip: "Conspiracy' doesnt mind Wild and baseless speculation that willfully ignores facts', genius.
You are pretty full of those ProTips.
Here's one for you.
There is 'barbed wire' there.

What facts have I ignored in this thread? Speaking of baseless.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You keep mentioning this 'barbed wire', and I keep asking you to show what you base your claims on.

And you keep totally avoiding it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You keep mentioning this 'barbed wire', and I keep asking you to show what you base your claims on.

And you keep totally avoiding it.

Doesn't hurt to read the thread. Here, I'll help you...
ATS post

Read the whole post that I linked. It is from this thread.

Might want to watch how you throw that term 'genius' around, some might stick to you.

Just in case that wasn't easy enough for you....

[edit]Tactical Training Base (TTB) Kelley An example of Theater Immersion Training, the TTB is designed to rapidly build combat-ready units by simulating military environments encountered during missions in Iraq,
Afghanistan, or the Balkans. Soldiers live in tents with modular units provided for shower and sink facilities, and the base is surrounded by barriers filled with dirt and barbed wire, entry control points and guard towers. The base is named in honor of Sgt. Michael J. Kelley of Scituate, Mass. Kelley, a member of E Battery (Target Acquisition) of the 101st Field Artillery, was killed in action in Afghanistan on June 8, 2005.[2][13]

Wiki-Camp Edwards
edit on 26-5-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Those who stated it is a tactical training camp are correct. My husband is ANG and so I go onto this base weekly and drive right by this when going to the main gate. Yes it has barbed wire and towers... but I have never seen anyone actually in the towers. The gates always remain open too (without guards posted next to them). When looking in, it reminds me of the temp bases set up in Iraq or Afganistan. I have seen people doing training inside and on the outside of this "mini camp".

Last summer I went inside of it for a special "kids" day they put on for the children. They had a face painter, balloon clown and some free drinks/snacks. Inside the biggest building, they gave away a free toy to each child. It was something nice they put on for the military families. Again, there were no guards posted anywhere inside and nothing that triggered my "hmm this is odd" radar. I do recall when some of the Katrina people came up and had temporary housing on the base. The most vivid memory though is that many of them were using their govenment issued ATM card (remember it gave people money to help them get back on their feet) to hit the local strip joint. Nice huh?

Last, I've never been on the "camp edwards" side of the base as my hubby is ANG. I tend to stick to that side or the "main open areas" where the front gate it, school, playground, BX, movie theater, pool etc are located. This are is located within the 'main open area" sections of the base so it's not like it is hidden away. Maybe I'll grab a picture or two next time I drive through so I can post it for the person who was asking about the place. I am curious about Fort Devens though... and while investigating Fusion Centers I noted there are 2 here in MA. One in Boston and one in Maynard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join