It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFo footage over NZ .Timelapse night scene

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Nice footage of some bright objects near Rotorua New Zealand, taken by a farmer. May 22, 2012. Yes i did a search and if its been posted then feel free to swing away.
FRom the Youtube uploader
" was asleep while this happened...it looks like 2 of these objects were close to the ground up the farm..it's hard to tell!
recorded between 2am to 4am this morning short timelapse ..camera was pointing towards the back of the farm..North towards the ocean...I'm in Rotorua... alot of activity"
www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-5-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
s+f... one of the best i've seen.... i'm sure it'll be "chinese lanterns", "swamp gas" or "flares" by the time the debunkers have finished, however i know what i'm looking at. thanks

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
wow, very cool video 12voltz S&F for you.

these are timelapse photos huh?
i wonder what the degree of difficulty is to hoax something like that?
at any rate these objects seem very strange to me, the only thing i can possibly equate to what is shown in the video would probably have to be a couple helis with their spotlights active... but i don't quite know about that one...
edit on 24-5-2012 by CagliostroTheGreat because: error

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Great catch. Odd one or two are meteors, yeah. The object which comes in from the bottom left at 35 seconds is the oddest, the way it changes direction so fast to me points to intelligent control - By who? Who knows.

Wouldnt call this fake imho. Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
s+f... one of the best i've seen.... i'm sure it'll be "chinese lanterns", "swamp gas" or "flares" by the time the debunkers have finished, however i know what i'm looking at. thanks

yeah, you know it. just like you i know what i am seeing too...
i may not be able to prove anything but hey thats not my job.
i have a feeling we will be proven correct soon enough.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
What filter did he use to get such a clear picture of the night sky with so many stars considering a camera usually takes only a few numbers of stellar magnitutde and that is less than a human naked eye can take.

These videos do not convince me being real but I should applaud if hoax - now this is how a UFO moves and behaves, not like some other videos showing some blurry dark object hiding behind a cloud and fearfully showing part behind the cloud like a human face fearfully showing behind a tree - because last time I saw such video I just said, if they suck so much at even imitating UFO they should have quit, what a fail it was to make a hoax.

Now this if not real is a very elaborate one.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Ok, I'm stumped for some of them. The one that starts off slow, glows bright and then zips off... interesting. And the very last one, changes direction ever so slightly at the end.

Def. some were meteors, and I was all about to say they were that and a plane, but I cannot say that with any certainty I'd believe it myself now.

Good stuff, direction changes, speed changes, odd directions, hmm..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
recorded between 2am to 4am this morning
North towards the ocean...I'm in Rotorua..

These, to me, seem exactly the same as other time lapse videos of AIRCRAFT in the night sky.
Given his location, I would suggest the bright ones starting from the lower left corner are departing from Auckland airport.

I think if he watches flightradar24.com, and also checks the flight schedules, he would learn a lot.

Edit - for comparison, a different timelapse vid, showing aircraft...

edit on 24-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
0:36 why is the whole stellar sphere slowly moving? This cannot be captured on camera in a matter of seconds or minutes, the stars displace slowly and there is no way for such a short time.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Reply on the comments section from the YT uploader
".i have shutter speeds turned off...i am using a sens-up setting....that the camera has...it will amplify any light up to 10000 times ..Samsung SDN 550p SSNR CCTV Camera...Cheers"

I am a believer but a skeptical one at that and his photo equipment suggests the light may be amplified and we need to take into account the timelapse as you can see from the stars movement .
So the movement is sped up ,although the sudden turn and acceleration does rule some out some options .
all theories are welcome .

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
0:36 why is the whole stellar sphere slowly moving? This cannot be captured on camera in a matter of seconds or minutes, the stars displace slowly and there is no way for such a short time.

You mean the stars moving? It's time lapse. Or I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.

I still cannot consider some of these to be aircraft. No blinking lights, and the intensity of the lights for some remains even as they change direction.

Mind you I've never studied time lapse footage of aircraft so my opinion is just that..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I was thinking aircraft but they would appear to be moving to slow .
When i see aircraft travelling over ,the earths rotation is to slow (relatively) to be able to watch the stars moving at the same time

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
From the youtuber ...

camera was pointing towards the back of the farm..North towards the ocean...I'm in Rotorua

6.7 km NE of Rotorua is Rotorua Regional Airport ,they do look like other time lapse videos of planes so I would say that's probably the source of the lights .

Rotorua International Airport is an airport in Rotorua, New Zealand. It originally opened in 1963, with a 1378m x 30m sealed runway so that it could accommodate National Airways Corporation's Douglas DC-3 and Fokker F27 aircraft, replacing the old Whakarewarewa Aerodrome. The old Aerodrome was just north of Sala Street and is now a suburban area. Today it has more frequent operations, with Air New Zealand

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24-5-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
From the youtuber ...

camera was pointing towards the back of the farm..North towards the ocean...I'm in Rotorua

6.7 km NE of Rotorua is Rotorua Regional Airport ,they do look like other time lapse videos of planes so I would say that's probably the source of the lights

you also have to take into account that the youtube user also states that the camera was facing "north toward the ocean"
how exactly does one explain an airport in the ocean?
though i suppose the flights could be incoming ones from polynesia and the like...
i, however, have a hard time believing these are airplanes...
but perhaps i am just predisposed to that beliefe due to a longheld belief in ETs...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat
though i suppose the flights could be incoming ones from polynesia and the like...

Auckland airport, not so far away, is a popular refuelling stop for aircraft doing long hauls over the Pacific.
I've had the "joy" of spending a few hours there (at about the time of night the youtube guy was filming) in the middle of the night travelling from USA to Australia.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Just looking for airport operation times ,but from
this it looks like they dont operate flights early morning at least not jet services
Anyway the star movement doesnt match the aircraft speed,these are extremely slow moving lights if shown in real time, I am talking about the the two brightest lights
www.rotorua-airport.co.nz...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

The stellar movement is odd and too fast in compare to the planes (objects). All the objects seem like airplanes, but for the one entering the screen from left bottom corner at 00:34 sec and changing direction. To me if the video is fake then that's the object that was added, or just the change of direction, and some more stars to confuse.

If not faked then there is no way that we explain the said object such as a plane.

S&F for making me think.

StringTh

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by StringTh

Glad I'm not the only one who considers that. That thing was moving in contrast to the others. So either the others were very slow or this was very fast.

The footage above of the planes are extremely fast, but then it appears to be a different timelapse, seeing as dawn approaches as it ends.

And also the lack of strobes, if they are moving at a normal pace and are indeed aircraft, is interesting. I know that it's likely frames being skipped can attribute to this, but then one of them was literally flying.

Either way, this is a lot better than random dots in the sky. Even if it turns out to be mundane. It's good to have comparisons.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Fire flies close up perhaps????

Just a guess!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
seems legit. if it is a time lapse, wouldnt an airplane or an helicopter already be out of frame in a few seconds?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join