It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you see as I see ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
When I was younger I always wondered about colors and the way we see them. I would philosiphize that the same blue you saw was really what I saw as green but since we was all taught that "this" is blue we all just called it that ... blue.

Crazy, I know ... but today I still wonder if thats true, what do you think ?

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've had the same thought before.

I came to realize it cannot be. Simply for the reason that, if you take a group of people, and tell them to select the 'red' marble out of the bunch, everyone will reach for the same one. If we all saw it as a different color, everyone would select a different marble.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

You know, that's weird.

...Because as a kid I wondered about that exact thing.

Knowing about rods and cones and wavelengths now, I realize that we all see the same colors (except those who are colorblind).
edit on 5/23/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
I've had the same thought before.

I came to realize it cannot be. Simply for the reason that, if you take a group of people, and tell them to select the 'red' marble out of the bunch, everyone will reach for the same one. If we all saw it as a different color, everyone would select a different marble.

Not if I was taught that this color is red, even if it looked like what you would call blue or another would call yellow. We was all taught that "THIS" is red ...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Hmm, so there is some science behind it to prove we all see the same color regardless of what we call it, I will have to check that out.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

This is the riddle of perception. According to the riddle, nothing is KNOWN...only PERCEIVED.

Which means we all share beliefs, but none of us really KNOWS anything...which can be proven by the fact that schizophrenics know they are seeing something, yet know it isn't really there.

It's a bit difficult to reconcile such ideas with the surety we want in life.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
Hmm, so there is some science behind it to prove we all see the same color regardless of what we call it, I will have to check that out.
Yep, and they can also tell what spectrums animals can see in as well, if I'm not mistaken.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Maybe you're familiar with this docu.
If not it's worth a watch, could explain your toughts.

Or maybe its all just an optical illusion

www.ted.com...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

I havent seen them no but I will give them a look, thanks

join