It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Big Accomplishments of President Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Let me first say Obama has kept over 75% of his promises.

So this thread is listing only his top 5.

No particular order

1. 26 consecutive months of private sector job growth after losing 8 million jobs in Bush's last year in office.

2. Kill Usama Bin-Laden

3. End the Iraq war bringing home the troops to celebrate the holidays with their families.

4. He signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act, which was designed to to protect consumers from unfair and deceptive credit card practices. 1.usa.gov...

5. He provided the troops with better body armor. http://(link tracking not allowed)/hzSv2h

Note: I can continue to list many more over 100 more.

+7 more 
posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueStatePatriot

I see your list of accomplishments and raise you Obamas list of Accomplishments
by camaro68ss

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
inb4flamefest

You might as well have posted this on a GOP message board

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStatePatriot

No particular order

1. 26 consecutive months of private sector job growth after losing 8 million jobs in Bush's last year in office.

2. Kill Usama Bin-Laden

3. End the Iraq war bringing home the troops to celebrate the holidays with their families.

4. He signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act, which was designed to to protect consumers from unfair and deceptive credit card practices. 1.usa.gov...

5. He provided the troops with better body armor. http://(link tracking not allowed)/hzSv2h

Killed Osama
*yawn*

**Closes page**

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
1. But seriously, you'd hope to increase job growth with the ridiculous amount of money hes spent.
2. Osama Bin Ladens death is highly suspicious to say the least. Sea burials are kinda fishy..
3. Yeah, and then proceeded to move them all back to afghanistan or elsewhere within the middle-east.
4. Thats a top 3 achievement of a president?
5. Armor? How about getting them out of a war totally which is what someone with common sense would do.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

edit on 5/22/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Didn't he also;
Turn water into wine.
Solve global warming.
Cure my gandmothers bunion.
Play golf.
Take credit for military accomplishments.
Take credit for Bush's accomplishments.
Steal my lunch even though IT CLEARLY SAID BEEZZER ON THE BAG!
Punch Chuck Norris.
Fight Darth Vader and destroy the Death Star.

*sigh*

He's so dreamy!

edit on 22-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
He promised Van Jones he would destroy America,

He is keeping that promise..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Wheres a big facepalm sign when you need one...

+33 more 
posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

No particular order

2. Kill Usama Bin-Laden

Killed Osama
*yawn*

**Closes page**

Why Stop there? why not keep going........

6. Increased the national Debt by 4 trillion

7. Started 3 more wars

8 Signed NDAA (the most tyranical piece of legislation passed in a western nation since Nazi germany in WW2)

9. Resigned the patriot act

10. Helped cover up the biggest ecological disaster in history (BP Spill)

11. Tried to push SOPA & PIPA

12. Fast and Furious

13. Stopped the Keystone pipeline that would have created tens of thousands of jobs

14. Oversaw the Downgrade of America’s credit rating ( First time in American history)

15. Reigned during the first time in American history that 42 MILLION Americans were living in poverty

16. Oversaw 400,000 small businesses closing every year under his presidency.

17. Signed more executive otders than any other president in history.

18. Kept Gitmo open after he promised to close it.

Enough there or do you need more..........?

BTW I Like the way you tried to spin that he oversaw 26 consecutive months of private sector job growth, but conveniently forgot to mention that overall unemployment has risen by 4%.
edit on 22-5-2012 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

This is the first time I wish I could multiple star someone.
And I don't really like the star system

b

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink
Wheres a big facepalm sign when you need one...

Right there.
And even better, It's Jean Luc!

Cheers

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

How bout a double! Yeah, this is way better than a Paul thread!

reply to post by Juanxlink

Sometimes pigs can't stand their own filth.:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
When thinking about Obama

..all I can think of is that song "Bye Bye Bye"-Justin Timberlake.

Its also one of those songs that you cant stand, but no matter what you try to do, you cant get it out of your head -Sort of like you are cursed from the very beginning just because you listened to it.

Thats how I feel towards his reign of terror.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I just got my first Obamacare refund check. I guess my kid's doctor charged more than 20% for administrative costs and had to pay us the difference.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Let me just ask this... How meaningful are 'big accomplishments' when joined with some of the worst atrocities imaginable?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

No particular order

2. Kill Usama Bin-Laden

I don't know where you are getting your facts from, so I will post some articles in relation to your statements and allow you to retract any statements without ridicule

1. Helping the private sector did nothing for the average hard working Americans who don't have jobs.

Barack Obama has been president since January 20, 2009. At that time there were 134.6 million non-farm jobs (on a seasonally adjusted basis). As of the recently issued August 2011 report, the non-farm employment was estimated to be 131.1 million. The reasonable conclusion is that 3.5 million jobs have been lost since Obama became President, his policies have failed, and the past 32 months have been an obvious disaster for the American people. Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

2. Obama didn't kill Osama Bin Laden, the men and women of the CIA and Seal team's who put thousands of hours in did.

The SEALs encountered the residents in the compound's guest house, in the main building on the first floor where two adult males lived, and on the second and third floors where bin Laden lived with his family. The second and third floors were the last section of the compound to be cleared.[70] There were reportedly "small knots of children...on every level, including the balcony of bin Laden's room".[54] In addition to Osama bin Laden, three other men and a woman were killed in the operation. The individuals killed were bin Laden's adult son (likely Khalid,[71][72] possibly Hamza[44][73]), bin Laden's courier (Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti), al-Kuwaiti's brother Abrar, and Abrar's wife Bushra. en.wikipedia.org...]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

3. I don't think the war is over.

There are approximately 88,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

4. This may have impacted more negatively than believed

Thanks to the CARD Act, consumers paid a total of almost $17 billion more in interest than they would have if Obama and the Congress did nothing. Balance transfer fees have also skyrocketed by more than 50 percent, and credit cards with limits on their transfer fees have almost vanished. This means consumers now pay more in fees every time they transfer a balance from one card to another. brucetyson.wordpress.com...

5. Well you got me on this one! Everyone should help to support our troops.
edit on 22-5-2012 by BlackTriangleUFO because: Ton down the negativity and look at it more rationally

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Obama still hasn't even passed a budget and had total control of Congress for two years.
Maybe he can be the first to not pass a budget during his 4 year term.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
It's not so much about what he "accomplished".

It's about the impact.

Most "Accomplishments" are all chicken feed with very little punch for the majority of American citizens.

The wild claims never show any genuine details.

One big failure is Obama's stimulus.

The Five Biggest Failures From President Obama's Stimulus Law

Three years later, the law isn't producing the results it was supposed to.

Some milestones are worth celebrating. Others, we'd much rather forget. Today, sadly, is the latter. On this day in 2009, President Barack Obama signed the stimulus bill into law.

Three years and $825 billion later, the results are clear. Instead of producing an economic recovery, the stimulus produced only broken promises and massive debt. The stimulus failed—and by the president's own standards at that.

.... Obama promised the stimulus would not only have a large impact but also an immediate impact. Said the president-elect, "I'm confident ... our 21st century investments will create jobs immediately," adding, "We've got shovel-ready projects all across the country."

Those jobs never materialized, and it was not for lack of workers—or shovels. As President Obama remarked in June 2011, "Shovel-ready was not as shovel-ready as we expected." He chuckled through the mea culpa, but it's no laughing matter. Obama failed to deliver—and at great cost to taxpayers

Related article:

Obama's failures one date at a time

Ideologues on the left are fond of attributing Obama's political free fall to his behaving like an "overintellectualized professor" who, having failed to convince the public about the exquisite excellence of his solutions to the nation's problems, dooms himself to making outrageous compromises with an opposition populated by "blockheads" who "boast about their vacuity." (quotes from Maureen Dowd, NYT)

The truth, however, is quite different; for as his empty, high-sounding rhetoric has long revealed, Obama is nothing more than a true-believing liberal whose resume contains not a single important achievement, let alone one requiring exemplary leadership "in the Arena" of TR's real world, where a person's "face is marred by dust and sweat and blood."

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

At least his stimulus plan actually benefited the people in the short term, that is money in their pocket. Bush's stimulus through his tax breaks and the trickle down did little to nothing to help the average citizen. Also, his reinvestment act DID produce jobs, there were several regional rail line in my city that were updated with money from that, thus producing jobs.
edit on 22-5-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

What you all don't get is that conservatives provide an enviroment for businesses to flourish which would provide jobs and independance.

Liberals create an environment where businesses die, providing an environment where more people are relying on government.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join