It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In what manner do you think we will discover extra terran life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I pose this question to all of ATS.

My personal opinion is that we will make the discovery by receiving their "radio noise" and I believe that they will be within +/- 100-500 years of our current tech level. We will discover them by receiving an episode of "I love Jha'NICKna" or "Who wants to be a Bulgfimick" No real basis to make this conclusion, just a feeling.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I also believe that they will become aware of us via the same method, around the same time.
edit on 21-5-2012 by MidKnight because: spelling correction

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MidKnight

Doing cosmic test or planet test like VENUS and MARS US/USSR missions or Lunar surface test. Also doing deep sea testing may reveal access points. I think this is how detection was/is made from EA*RTH looking out, as far as them reaching in maybe for similar cosmic evals.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Probably a spectrogram of an extrasolar planet indicating the existence of an atmosphere thickened and supported by plants. Our atmosphere would not look the way it does unless there was life on it.

Estimated distance of the planet? 83,000 light years.

edit on 21-5-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think it will be when public technology will enable us to start catching UFOs of decent quality, the subject will not be so simple to dismiss.

We don't need to wait on Radio Signals LOL, the shadow government is already aware there are ET buzzing around Earth, they're slowly conditioning us to face the reality, either that or the ETs will get fed up waiting to formally acknowledged and will just land down for the world to see.

Ever questioned what the ETs were thinking when the done a drive by of the Whitehouse in 52'?

edit on 21-5-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think the possibility of encountering an intelligent civilization similiar to ours is remote.
I don't discount that there may be bioluminous conscious matter that can take shapes and travel great distances that we could discover, or some kind of 'life' in space.

but for us or them, carbon or whatever element they are composed of, to travel across the stars there needs to be coherent structure within the entirety of society. a science based collective working in unity with a designed purpose.

and once that step is complete, the technology needs to be perfected, presumably by a team of AI computers in the not too distant future, simply because we couldn't manage everything, all the time.

on our first mission we would need to be extremely vigilant and travel in a convoy of massive ships and tons of smaller combat ships etc....
if we did encounter anything, the chances they would be hostile is more likely than not, especially if we land on a planet with defenses set up for something exactly like we worry about all the time, a couple drop ships landing from the sky...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think we'll accidently drive our planet right into them and they'll be ticked because we dont carry planetary insurance

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
For the Government, in a radio signal but for the general public probably only when they are either being abducted or a full scale invasion is at hand. If there was alien contact that the Government can control and hide then they will. The General public will be kept in the dark. Though I believe that contact has already happened since many years but of course the Governments not saying anything.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

we won't discover them. they will discover us, more than likely sifting though the rubble and remains trying to piece together what we were and what we did to ourselves.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It will happen through two methods...

We will detect an alien message, either one intended for us (not "us" as in humans, but anyone who may be listening) or eavesdrop upon on not intended for us. And it will be ancient, originating long before humans discovered radio.

Or when our telescope technology has developed to the point where we can properly examine alien atmosphere, detecting the affects of their analog for plants or pollution from their industries.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe a MASSIVE MOTHERSHIP and a massive amount of alien colony spaceships will arrive on December, 21, 2092 and land in front of the white house. A king alien will step out of the craft with all these cute aliens behind him, and will shout "YO WHAT'S UPP!!!!!!????", "LETS MAKE BABIES!!"

lmao, i wish... except for the babies bit. Lol

edit on 21-5-2012 by cybersk8er because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
They will come to us. You do not really expect with such pathetic technology humans are going anywhere are you

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i think our first contact with extra terrestrial life may be in the form of light rather than radio signals directly beamed at us, bit like our earth at night shines bright with artificial lights from our cities,

maybe it wont be too long till our telescopes can detect artificial light on far away planets

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The first evidence of extraterrestrial life is already in, but it is still inconclusive. Hopefully the Curiosity probe will find something unambiguous. The next best shot might not be for a couple of decades when a martian soil return might be possible. If the funding does not get cut, FINESSE might detect an exoplanet with an oxygen atmosphere, indicating the existence of plant life, in the coming decade. There is a slight chance that a radio-observatory might pick up a radio signal from an extraterrestrial civilization slightly more advanced than our own. Having detected our oxygen atmosphere with their own orbital spectrographic telescopes, they may decide to beam a highly focused, high powered signal in our direction.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I used to think we were still being visited now but now I think either it's all a pop culture delusion OR the greys and other ETs people see are actually extra-dimensionals not from other planets so to speak.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I believe we may discover it within a month to two months, alien wreckage.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Doctor:
So...Mr Smith...I take it you'ld like me to surgically remove that ugly growth from the top of your head?
Ugly Growth: NO Doctor..the problem is this damned earthwart on my spacebutt...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
SETI they have already found it... been on the news all day... radio waves

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by putnamcrab
SETI they have already found it... been on the news all day... radio waves

Care to provide a source?, I would be interested in reading about this.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I do not know how to link up anything! But a simple google search will load you up on info.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join