It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't NEED A JOB to MAKE MONEY!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Learn about rare coins that are in circulation by accident still.
Quarters, dimes, etc.

Look for them everywhere.

Good luck with that is right. I guess the next step down from this is pushing a shopping cart around town collecting aluminum cans.

Blah. You disparage that, but I can tell you a few people that have made literally 10 grand a month doing can collections. You'd be surprised at the amount of money that can come towards you when you put some "effort" into it.

Take, for example, your little quip. Expand out the idea so that, instead of it being you that is "collecting cans", you set up little "can drives" with businesses. Set up recycling boxes at businesses to collect them, then sell the results. The business doesn't have to take care of them, and you are doing them a service by setting up something that is percieved as a value by the public (or at least a good faction of the public)

Or, hire people on a cut basis to collect cans FOR you, and give them a percentage of what's earned. You be the middle-man.

See hwo I turned what you consider a negative into a money making opportunity?

The opportunities are ALL AROUND, if you just take a second to think about what you can do that no one else does. You're making money while the rest complain there's none to be made.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Take, for example, your little quip. Expand out the idea so that, instead of it being you that is "collecting cans", you set up little "can drives" with businesses. Set up recycling boxes at businesses to collect them, then sell the results. The business doesn't have to take care of them, and you are doing them a service by setting up something that is percieved as a value by the public (or at least a good faction of the public)

Or, hire people on a cut basis to collect cans FOR you, and give them a percentage of what's earned. You be the middle-man.

See hwo I turned what you consider a negative into a money making opportunity?

That's exactly what it's about.

To generate economic activity one must be creative!
You must turn the negative into a positive.

You do list some really good ideas on collecting large volumes of cans.

Hell you could go down the neighborhood and find neighbors who would be willing to simply put them in a bag and leave them on your doorstep for you on their way to work or whatever, and you could just cut them a % and show them the receipt so they will know they are getting their fair share of the deal.

It can be accomplished informally and through very flexible methods.
There are so many opportunities that exist all around us right now.

The best bet is to expand options, open up many multiple streams. That can take time however, and some creative thinking. But you gotta be positive and look for where there is a chance, because if you spend all day looking at where there isn't a chance and telling yourself it's too hard or no one will go for it, you will never make it by without a slave wage job and having someone tell you how to do everything.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here's another money-making opportunity that you can do right now to make some cash:

How many dating sites are out there online? Good GOD there's a ton, and all of the people on them are clamoring for attention to their profiles.

What if you were to offer a service, through craigslist or classifieds, or even setting up a website for it (if you have any clue about SEO for a website, you can drive traffic to it freely and easily)

Anyhow, you can find customers for this everywhere. I've done it myself, many times.

Tell the customer that you will set up a really nice, flashy video of them that they can then use on their profile to attract even more attention to themselves and increase the likelihood of getting a date.

You can then create a video for them, EASILY, using windows movie maker or an online site like animoto.com or any of the others out there, with nice transitions and FREELY available music (there's a ton of music out there that people have released under Creative Commons or Public Domain terms that can be used, and it's good music, too).

Then, send them the video and you're done.

I charge $27 a pop for these videos and have made a killing doing it.

You could take the same idea and modify it for video scrapbooks, and you can charge even more for this.

Example I have done with it: Someone's cat passed away, and their kid hired me to create a scrapbook video of pictures of the cat and the family together, with some nice music and neat transitions. I created the video in less than an hour and made $97 for it, and they were so grateful for it, and so impressed by it, that they referred me to a bunch of their friends that also hired me to do similar.

$97 and a ton of future business for an hour of dead-easy work? Heck yeah I will take that kind of money.

And I didn't have to have a job to do it.

**shrug**

Now, someone use that, too. There's GOLD in them thar' hills!
edit on 20-5-2012 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Thank goodness for naysayers though. Probably something like 9/10 people are naysayers. They don't see opportunity.

They have a zero 0% chance of finding a rare coin. Why? Because they didn't look, didn't bother with it, and don't really care.
It is from these people of which rare coins flow. They haven't a clue, but they are the primary conduit that makes such an opportunity exist in the first place.

That one person who decides to take advantage of a profitable situation is the only one with a % chance to profit.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Indeed. Those are some awesome ideas to expand the idea, as well, and could really work to make yoruself completely financially independant!

Notice how many replies are in here disparaging the whole ideas of doing anything for or by yourself, though? That's a sad testament. Instead of getting really excited about possibilities and seeing that things really COULD be done, that they had NEVER thought of before, they get all "poo poo" over it lol

That right there is a sad testament to hwo the world has gotten peoples minds twisted into something that should not be. Creativity is looked on as "bad" and made fun of.

Meantime, people like me and others I have given this information to, are making a good income (in some cases, the income is quite spectacular lol) and never again having to worry about whether or not the job is going to remain, or if they are going to be downsized, or if the boss is swindling cash from the business and the whole freaking thing is going to close down after a SEC investigation, or....

No, instead, let's poopoo the idea of doing for yourself and rely on others to give us the next handout.

**shrug** How much of a percentage do you think do that kind of thinking? Bet it's pretty close to 99% of the population...

People, seriously, you DONT NEED A JOB TO MAKE MONEY. Get out of that mental state, and things can seriously start to shine for you.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Now, someone use that, too. There's GOLD in them thar' hills!

Those hills are endless too! For they are the limitations of our own creativity.

If we can open our minds we can fill our pockets.
Don't even have to lie cheat or steal either.
You can still get by playing the game fair and square.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
that's right, just buy a bunch of houses no money down and rent them out !

oh, wait....

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

heh indeed. The quickest way to make money is to take action, in one form or another, to make it.

So you don't succeed on the first attempt. Does that mean that the whole thing is a bad idea? Nope, just means you can try things a little different next time.

Without that first step, though, nothing happens at ALL, and you are, of COURSE, doomed to fail.

There's literally as many different ways to make money as there are people, because each person can bring a different take to each way of doing things.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
that's right, just buy a bunch of houses no money down and rent them out !

oh, wait....

rofl... Where was THAT in my OP or anywhere else in this thread?

Seriously. Don't poo-poo ideas if you're not willing to even look at what the ideas are.

Tell me where any of the things that have been suggested in this thread so far are in any way designed to screw people or do ANYTHING shady, as CAN be said about doing what you just suggested?

Geddy Lee would be ashamed! (lol I love Rush's 2112 album, where the Priests of Syrinx were trying to hold back creativity of the people and keep them suppressed. Then one single man finds an instrument, and suddenly their whole world changes underneath them)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Notice how many replies are in here disparaging the whole ideas of doing anything for or by yourself, though? That's a sad testament. Instead of getting really excited about possibilities and seeing that things really COULD be done, that they had NEVER thought of before, they get all "poo poo" over it lol

That right there is a sad testament to hwo the world has gotten peoples minds twisted into something that should not be. Creativity is looked on as "bad" and made fun of.

Hehe, I just consider it the brainwashed mentality that the establishment promotes in order to get everyone locked up into corporate slave jobs where they have to sacrifice their human dignity and integrity for a few bucks.

We are all susceptible to it's persuasive effects but we must choose to fight it directly and focus on the unlimited human potential that resides within us all.

We are all told huge lies and complete fabrications since childhood, our outlooks are limited by those falsehoods and we succumb to despair through our ignorance. This is profitable for corporations who deal in "human resources".

Once we start questioning things, and I really mean questioning every little thing around us, we can start to expose and defeat those falsehoods we have been programmed and misled by. People have to question themselves, their beliefs, their jobs, their behaviors, etc.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My brother and I have made a lot of cash from this idea, and I hope someone else can make use of it, as well.

There's a new system set up by the USPS called EDDM (Every Door Direct Mail)

Under normal circumstances, you can end up being charged $.80 per postcard mailed out, when they are labelled and addressed and of a certain size or larger.

HOWEVER, under the EDDM program, the same size postcards can be sent out for $.145 each. That's 14.5 cents
The stipulation to this is that you cannot place addresses on any of the cards. They are delivered to every door on a carrier's route automatically.

What can you, the average Joe, do to take advantage of this? Here's one way:

Go to different businesses in the area you live in, and offer them a spot on a giant postcard mailer, for a certain charge. Gather 10-15 different businesses that will do this. (this is, honestly, not hard, once you know how this system works. They will jump at it, seriously)

My town is quite large (over 300k people, and about 150k different addresses that can be mailed to) so I set up the stuff to have 10000 cards printed up, online, and mailed to my home. I then deliver them to the post office and off it goes.

I charge each of the businesses $400 for a spot on the mailer, and pay about $2000 for the whole thing to be printed and mailed. This means, if I get 10 businesses on the mailer, I made $2000 profit.

Don't think a business will jump at the chance to have their coupon/business info/etc put on a mailer that will be seen by over 10000 people for only $400? You don't know how businesses work lol

There's so many different things that you can do with this idea. Tweak it, play around with it, THINK ABOUT IT, and find a way to make it work. For YOU.

There's a ton of cash that can be made doing this. My brother and I do this very same thing, and we can do it 2-3 times a month, and get repeat customers all the time. It's not hard.

Gold, right there. lol

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Hehe, I just consider it the brainwashed mentality that the establishment promotes in order to get everyone locked up into corporate slave jobs where they have to sacrifice their human dignity and integrity for a few bucks.

We are all susceptible to it's persuasive effects but we must choose to fight it directly and focus on the unlimited human potential that resides within us all.

We are all told huge lies and complete fabrications since childhood, our outlooks are limited by those falsehoods and we succumb to despair through our ignorance. This is profitable for corporations who deal in "human resources".

Once we start questioning things, and I really mean questioning every little thing around us, we can start to expose and defeat those falsehoods we have been programmed and misled by. People have to question themselves, their beliefs, their jobs, their behaviors, etc.

Indeed, I think, at least here in America, the education system is geeared now more towards creating "worker bees" than creative thinkers.

The creative thinking mode of operation is actually anathema to the idea of big business and creating a person that is willing to "work for a dime."

When you step out of that mindset, and into a creative thinking mode, you begin to see that working for someoen else is just NOT something you can do anymore, and you start to think of other ways that you can grasp some of the, literally, TRILLIONS of dolalrs that are flowating around there, DAILY.

AND, do it in a way that's ethical, moral, unshady, not evil, whatever things you wantt o say about how people try to grab cash these days lol

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just another thread that popped up due to my thread, shameful.. now there's 3 of them claiming they know the solution.

You too can hang on my coat tails sir

edit on 20-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Want another idea?

What about thinking about things like this:

There's something Google created a couple of years ago, called Google Places. They set up a website, map page, business info, etc for just about every business in existence.

They then left it sit still for businesses to take advantage of.

If you do a search in Google for a local business type - let's say New York Plumbers - the first page will be filled with listings of busineses via their Google Places information.

What can you do with this?

Over 70% of businesses have yet to fill out their Google Places information, and don't even know it exists.

You can charge a business $50-250 to fill out all of the info for them, get it all set up and establsihed for them, and start getting them business because of it.

It's not at all hard to do, and there's a TON of things online that will show you exactly how to do it.

There's also tons of businesses out there charging businesses $500-5000 to do it for them. You can get in on the action easily by charging a cheaper price. This will also make the business owner more likely to do business with you in the future, for things such as the TEXT MESSAGE SERVICE I spoke about before
lol

Anyhow, point is, there's already companies that do this, that started out in the exact same way. You can do it too. None of them had any special training or education to do it. They just DID It, and businesses are appreciative of it.

They WILL also pay you to do it for them. If you don't think so, look up online "google places listing service" and you'll see businesses that are, right now, making moneyl that you are not, by doing this.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by jiggerj

Sure they could, but don't most business owners have enough to do?
Paying someone to send out texts is not out of the question. What the Op is doing is essentially telling someone how to create their own position and convince a company they need them.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

I have to admit it's not a terrible idea, but how hard is it for business owners to set up their own twitter accounts? And they're going to pay someone a hundred dollars a month for this service? Or even ten? I don't think so.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Just another thread that popped up due to my thread, shameful.. now there's 3 of them claiming they know the solution.

You too can hang on my coat tails sir

edit on 20-5-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

Aww... even YOU failed to read the OP.

Sheesh. So many things in this thread that are vastly different from yours, and yet even you slam it.

"shameful" indeed!

As far as hanging on people's coat tails, if you'd take the time to actually read through some of the, what... 5 or 6 ways that have been posted here regarding ways to make money, you'd see that that is the furthest thing from my mind lol

It's NOT about complaining about the lack of jobs or the glut of them. It's NOT about complaining that you're broke and have no way to survive due to lack of funds. It's NOT about any of the negativity assoctiated with the whole economic system or the downfalls and upswings it may or may not have.

It IS about helping people to take a new stand for themselves and realize that they DONT NEED THOSE THINGS. It doesn't matter how the economy is, because there are always going to be ways to make what you need, WHEN you need, if you just OPEN YOUR MIND and see the possibilities.

Thanks for stopping by. Wish you would have taken the time to read the OP, like I did to yours, and see that this is something vastly different than what you were trying to say. It's nothign to do with your thread. It was, as I said in the OP, INSPIRED by it.

There's a difference, my friend.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Every one else stop reading ! OP ment to send this to me. Go away ! You are not welcome here !

I'm rich, I'm a happy miser !

OP I swear I know there must be thousands of ideas like this. If I were only as smart as whip as you obviously are !

You have a fan.

SnF

edit on 20-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by jiggerj

Sure they could, but don't most business owners have enough to do?
Paying someone to send out texts is not out of the question. What the Op is doing is essentially telling someone how to create their own position and convince a company they need them.
edit on 20-5-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

I have to admit it's not a terrible idea, but how hard is it for business owners to set up their own twitter accounts? And they're going to pay someone a hundred dollars a month for this service? Or even ten? I don't think so.

And it is perfectly fine for you to think so.

However, a good source of my own income is derived from just this service, and I have had no problems getting businesses on board when I have gone out to speak to their owners.

Yes, as I said in a previous post, there are those that are going to do this themselves, when they hear about what can be done.

And that is fine.

There are also a great majority of business owners that do NOT want to take the time that is involved in doing it. THey want to run their business. This is, essentially, nothing more than a different form of advertising to them, and they treat it in exactly that way.

Sure, there are some businesses that will do it on their own. They will write classified ads, themselves. They will create television and radio ads, themselves. They will set up their website and run it, maintain it and edit it, themselves.

But, in my own experience and the experience of others I have taught this particular business technique, shows that the majority of business owners DO NOT HAVE THE TIME or the INCLINATION to do all of those things themselves, and would much rather use a portion of the advertising budget they set up on a montly, 6 month or yearly basis and pay someone else, with the skills, time and inclination to do so, to do it for them, while they concentrate on running the busines.

It' simple economics, friend. Some people would rather pay someone else to do something than to do it themselves.

This is especially true in this case when you have to take into account the list maintaining, building, etc that needs to be done. It can take, certainly once the list gets over a couple hundred people, a decent amount of hours monthly to do.

This kind of thing also should be considered with that particular idea, as well:

If you can, at the press of a few keys, bring in a full house to a restaurant, they WILL keep using you. That $100 a month I suggested for this can be termed in this kind of way: If they pay you $100 a month TO MAKE THEM $10000 A MONTH, do you not think that business is going to appreciate the service?

This has been my experience.

Again, yes, some WILL do it on their own. And that's fine. You move on to the next business. The vast majority will appreciate the money you are literally handing them.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Come on now Jordan. It's not all about you my friendly fellow member.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Jomina

Every one else stop reading ! OP ment to send this to me. Go away !

I'm rich, I'm a happy miser !

OP I swear I know there must be thousands of ideas like this. If I were only as smart as whip as you obviously are !

You have a fan.

SnF

ahaha I love that particular looney tune myself lol

Mkae use of the stuff in the thread, for sure. I am hoping beyond belief that people will take the stuff here and run with it. Create a spark and start actually being free, instead of tied down to what someone else tells you you have to be.

I guess I also have a quote in my head, all the time, from a guy named Og Mandino... Guy was amazing.

Anyhow, he siad, basically, "To court idleness is to steal food and comfort from those that I love, and I am not a thief."

I see so many people that feel hopeless and helpless, and there's no need ofr it, when there's so many different tings cthat can be done to have a different way of life.

That list building idea, for example:

I know a guy, personally, that used a similar idea (list building in a different way, but quite similar in concept). He then expanded out his business to do JUST list building and maintaining. He now charges companies, regardless of size, $800 a month to do all of their list work.

He has over 800 businesses that do it.

That's over $640000 a MONTH, just maintaining lists for companies.

That;'s amazing, and is, honestly, NOT hard to do. He did it, so can you, so can I, so can ANYONE, that really desires it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join