It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 20th Annular Eclipse!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What a special event we have in store.. those lucky thousands who will be able to witness this, I envy youuu!!

So I'm making this thread for the witnessess to post pictures, and describe the beautiful opportunity they had
A lot of us here on Ats wish we could be on the west coast- USA - witnessing this.. but I dont have the money to travel 3000 miles to watch a 5 minute eclipse!

So please, for those preparing to take pictures and watch this wonderious event, come here and tell us all about
If you had taken pics, please post them for all to see.

Here are a couple of websites showing where the eclipse will be seen, and the shadow-path that will get casted over the Earth via the Moon:
WIkipedia - May 20th

Eclipse - May 20th - Video

May 20th Eclipse Path

For those of you who share this event here, thank you in advance, many here will appreciate the opportunity. Some of us will live a lifetime without witnessing an event like this! So its special that we can come together and share the experience.

Happy Annular Eclipse Ats

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I was planning on taking pictures, but I read that the light would damage my camera? I'm not sure.
Either way, I'm really excited to see it! I'll still try either way.

This link say it is broadcasting it live...

If you're east of the Mississippi River, don't worry -- the Slooh Space Camera is broadcasting the event live, using telescope feeds from Japan, California, Arizona and New Mexico. Slooh's live feed begins at 5:30 p.m. EDT on Sunday.

link
edit on 19-5-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Can't wait this evening! I believe around 9:30pm EST is when my side of the U.S. will see it
. If you've never meditated before, now is the best time to release your thoughts and give your undivided attention to the energies of the annular eclipse.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

It isn't until tomorrow.
How are you going to see it?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm so looking forward to this event. I was present for 2 other eclipses, however both times the weather was cloudy. But, I was able to see the great shadow approach, envelope and fade. It was amazing.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of or make viewing glasses, or how to make a reflection, to watch the eclipse safely?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

THANK YOU SIR!!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

link

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Im SO excited

Live broadcasting, thank you for that link. Helps alot, I still want to see pictures

Too the poster who has witnessed 2 already...
SO JELOUS! Cloudy day or not .. Im moving to where your at

Glad to see people are as happy and excited as I am!!

Stay tuned

~ Love is an art

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I will of course be posting photos! I have several cameras ready and my telescope too! I will not get the full ring of fire but at least 90% which should be pretty cool!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I will of course be posting photos! I have several cameras ready and my telescope too! I will not get the full ring of fire but at least 90% which should be pretty cool!

Don't forget a solar filter for your cameras, would hate for you to break everything.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Whoops I'm thinking ahead; my new Tifosi polarized shades are coming in today and I will be ready to use them for viewingtomorrow's annular eclipse lolll

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
For those in the Los Angeles area, the eclipse begins around 5:20. Maximum eclipse at 6:35 ish.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Looks like it will be a typical NW day up here tomorrow, cloudy and rainy. I got my welding glasses handy just in case.

edit on 19-5-2012 by ambient moon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

ahh thank you my friend! I cant wait

~ Love is an art

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ambient moon

weilding glasses..
Try praying for the clouds to be pushed aside abit, you might get lucky.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Something mystical may occur relating to the eclipse.

Just my understanding level guessing at the time.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

For the events.slooh.com... broadcast.. I'm not sure if you need a membership to see the live broadcasting, can anyone help confirm this ?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Im sure the Pleiadians are aware they too are lining up with us (Sol Star System), maybe they will have some ships in our near orbit ?!

During the next two nights, keep your eyes on the sky, I know I will... - Food + Drinks + Blanket + Rooftop = Epic sky gazing

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have been looking for sites which are broadcasting Live; here is a list of sites I've came across

Hong Kong Live

Hong Kong Live 2

Japan

Albuquerque

Panasonic - Mt.Fuji

Somewhere in US..

That should be enough from me, if you find a better site, please share

~ Love is an art

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
not as many peopled rallied up about this as I thought.. I hope more come and share!

2L

<<   2 >>

join