It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China replacing Russia!?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Its seems that China has recently stolen, I mean designed several new pieces of military hardware. Examples include the J-10, the Zeus Shield, they might possibly be building an aircraft carrier. It seems that China already has a lot of similarities to the former Soviet Union. Is it possible that China is replacing Russia as our greatest rival. Another question, who will be stronger in say 10 years, the Russian Federation or the People's Republic of China.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would say yes to China being are biggest potential enemy. I am not sure about stronger. Russia has a vast nuclear arsenal so how can you get stronger than that. China is different than Russia do to the fact that they have economic power. At some point China will be able to spend serious amounts of money on weapons R&D and then the manufacture of them. But right now we could wipe them out.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
China is starting to alarm me with their power. It would not be good if they defeated the U.S... Damn commies and their censorship. I was reading about their attempts to censor the Internet...makes me annoyed, yes it does.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
China is starting to alarm me with their power.

actually chinas power just maker me laugh... most of their military things are either stolen or bought legally/illegally from someone else. i just want to see something that they have that can compere with US...

though economically they are strong..

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Its seems that China has recently stolen, I mean designed several new pieces of military hardware. Examples include the J-10, the Zeus Shield, they might possibly be building an aircraft carrier. It seems that China already has a lot of similarities to the former Soviet Union. Is it possible that China is replacing Russia as our greatest rival. Another question, who will be stronger in say 10 years, the Russian Federation or the People's Republic of China.

I'd like to say China is changing, the world is changing, better see it with peace. Spain rise, Spain fall, Britain rise, Britain fall, German rise, German fall, America rising ..., History is repeating this cycle with different players. Just a little bit logic thought, America will not be the last player in the world stage.

I think Titus is right, our power just make people laugh, also our economy is not really strong, we only have fastest growthing rate, but our base is still much smaller than America (about 1/8), actually no need to worry.

I am military fan, no matter what kind of military tech advancement make us feel curious and happy, we entertain US military tech as arts. J10, Zesus shield are Chinese pride, showed the Chinese tech level. It is very natural that if your R&D reach this level, then you can make such toy, I really can not see what's wrong with it.

If you feel worry on Chinese advancement, then your narrow mind is really laughable. I will feel ridicurous if the world does not change, see it with peace will do good for your health.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Indeed China will surpass Russia, [ psst; Ukraine is the nuke arsenal !]

in fact in 20 yrs, the China Orient/Far East will even surpass USA in science-technology-space colonization etc

historians will credit the 1990s Clinton Regime for the 'launching' of China rocketry and the cannibalization of 'intellectual property' by China of American computing & softwares...to a stature of prominence & leadership

for instance the G-7 then G-8, 9, 10 will become lead-by China as USA stature & authority diminishes from 2007 onward to 2020 CE

...among other stuff

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Indeed China will surpass Russia, [ psst; Ukraine is the nuke arsenal !]

The Cold War ended with the breakup of the Soviet Union, but Putin's announcement at the conclusion of Russia's biggest nuclear exercise in 20 years is a signal that Russia is prepared to commit billions of dollars to continue an arms race with the U.S.
February 19, 2004 - Los Angeles Times

i also heard that putin is uniting NKVD, FBR... etc into one organization aka rebirth of KGB. thats alone is enough to tell you that putin wants to continue arms race with US.

i wanna see china try to keep up, russia is almost recovered or is recovering from their great depression.

anyways, china will not replace russia, i would rather say... JOIN RUSSIA.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think you`ve really got to look to Chinas growing economic power. Given the huge size, both physically and in terms of land size plus the economy China will undoubtebly surpass both Russia and the US in the nest few decades if not years.

However, why has no mentioned India? Their population is huge an will go past the chinese this century. The Indian econmy is huge and growing. Also it may be easy to foget they are in conflict with Pakistan and even though an uneasy peace exists the knowledge of a dangerous neighbour will mean that they are working away to increase the armed services interms of capability, reliabilty and size.

Americas days at the top of the tree are numbered. The cold hard fact is that with the burgeoning of such countries as China and India, America will in future find it ever harder to compete.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
India is a damn good point. Everyones looking at China now, but India has the 2nd largest navy in the world, just behind the States. They're sneaking in. Keep an eye on India. BTW they also have more than a billion people.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
China has the capabilty of becoming the next cold steel fist of the federation

but russia might be hding stuff from us maybe they have more to offer then what we see..

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Its seems that China has recently stolen, I mean designed several new pieces of military hardware. Examples include the J-10, the Zeus Shield, they might possibly be building an aircraft carrier.

The J-10 is not built using "stolen" technology. It was built as a joint development with help from Isreal using legally purchased technologies.

The Zeus sheild will inevitably have comparisons drawn to US Aegis and British Type-52's etc... however it actually got most of it's technology from France.

China and India will both surpass the US... China has the advantage that it spent the last decade building up communication and physical infrastructure... hence laying the foundations for a developing economy.

India lags in that it has not invested as heavily as China in infrastructure and as a result will experiance sub-par growth until this issue is adressed.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
I think you`ve really got to look to Chinas growing economic power. Given the huge size, both physically and in terms of land size plus the economy China will undoubtebly surpass both Russia and the US in the nest few decades if not years.

However, why has no mentioned India? Their population is huge an will go past the chinese this century. The Indian econmy is huge and growing. Also it may be easy to foget they are in conflict with Pakistan and even though an uneasy peace exists the knowledge of a dangerous neighbour will mean that they are working away to increase the armed services interms of capability, reliabilty and size.

Americas days at the top of the tree are numbered. The cold hard fact is that with the burgeoning of such countries as China and India, America will in future find it ever harder to compete.

Right there with ya
!!

America's glory is already over, they are starting to fade under the huge depts and pointless wars. I say America has another 30 years before becoming the England of the future (had their glory, now just tired).

Russia?
I dunno. But they sure have a advantage in terms of military because of having all the technologies developed and factories that make specific military equipments.

There is no doubt that China will be the next superpower but in what way is it gonna replace America? Through a war? Through diplomatic treaties? And in 20 years China's population will be much leaner because the "baby boomers" of China are starting to die, if they keep the one child policy then China might only be left with 700 million in thirty or fourty years.

India? Dunno, might need a little more observation.

Oh yeah and plus, Zeus Shield is simply a nickname for the American AEGIS system, like how NATO nicknamed the Moskit as Sunburn. They just like to make names up for somereason......

[edit on 2-10-2004 by COWlan]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
As China military comentators themselves observe, the bulk of its enlisted force consists of poorly educated and trained conscripts. Moreover, indigenous production capability for advanced aircraft and maritime forces is unsatisfactory, which is why they have to purchase much of such equipment from foreign suppliers. There is little or no joint-force training; their pilots fly few hours per month and even fewer over water. Organization is by military region rather than unified commands. Their C4ISR (Command Control Communications, Intelligene, Surveillance and Reconnaissance capablities are still primitive. And the Chinese industrial production base for conventional arms, unlike their civilian manufacturing industry that is so succssful in internationals -- includint high tech -- trade, ramains part of the state-owned enterprise system that drags down Chinese economic growth; corerespondingly , it is inefficient and its products not of the best.

The chinese military is atleast two decades behind the U.S in military capability.

foreign.senate.gov...

[edit on 2-10-2004 by Jimi Hendrix]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
that article is dated for 2003

In the past 12 months the US has uncovered significant advances in Chinese millitary capability and come to the conclusion that they underestimated the maturity of several key areas in the PLA.

Take for example the "Yuan" class of submarine

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
In the past 12 months the US has uncovered significant advances in Chinese millitary capability and come to the conclusion that they underestimated the maturity of several key areas in the PLA.

Link to your source? I can't find anything backing your statement via google.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I would say China will be more powerful as its economy is growing stronger at a fast pace
Russia however is in a lot of trouble; e.g. Chechens, social collapse, Yukos energy crisis, social problems like alcohol addict among the nation

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
How can China or india surpass America when America control the world.
Billions and Billions of money doesnt just get wiped from bank accounts, and the only way this can happen if is there is fall scale war.
And if there was a war between America and China, China would be obliterated, but it would never get to that because the china and America are allies.
So how u can u get richer than a country that controls everything.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
pls be advised not to focus on China's aircrafts something. China has the most powerful laser weapon to destory american satellites in orbits. also China has her own GPS system named BEIDOU, which is different from the american or Russian one. by the way, i dont think the war between to nuke armed nations is a good thing, both of them will be eliminated. think about the so called TMD or THAAD something, does it work? god knows

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seelecn
1. China has the most powerful laser weapon to destory american satellites in orbits.

2. also China has her own GPS system named BEIDOU, which is different from the american or Russian one.

3. by the way, i dont think the war between to nuke armed nations is a good thing, both of them will be eliminated.

1. educate me on this one

2. first BEIDOU satellite launched in 2000... impressive.

US had theirs first gps satellite in 1960s, 20 years later... Russia, 20 years later... China

btw, is BEIDOU is Global Positioning System or not

3. agreed 100%

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by titus

Originally posted by seelecn
1. China has the most powerful laser weapon to destory american satellites in orbits.

2. also China has her own GPS system named BEIDOU, which is different from the american or Russian one.

3. by the way, i dont think the war between to nuke armed nations is a good thing, both of them will be eliminated.

1. educate me on this one

2. first BEIDOU satellite launched in 2000... impressive.

US had theirs first gps satellite in 1960s, 20 years later... Russia, 20 years later... China

btw, is BEIDOU is Global Positioning System or not

3. agreed 100%

ok~~~
1. about the direct energy weapon of China, i just can telll u when i was in some lab, they showed me the laser gun, which pierced a 10cm steel flat in a second. that's in 2001. also the peripheries for collimation in a long range had been shown together. sorry i'm afraid i cant show you the lab's name and more details about this kind weaponary~~~
2. China's BEIDOU sysytem is different from the US one. for the US one, at one time four satellites will be need to orientate, while BEIDOU system uses 2 satellites and the signal from some ground station. the ability to contain interference or noise could be a little bit better~~~
3. i really hate the war .....X north korean Kim jong li

[edit on 5-10-2004 by seelecn]

[edit on 5-10-2004 by seelecn]

top topics

join