It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Summer Santa' buys out Kmart store, donates to charity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

'Summer Santa' buys out Kmart store, donates to charity

usnews.msnbc.msn.com

When Rankin Paynter visited a Kmart that was closing its doors in Winchester, Ky. he got an idea: Why not buy the store and donate it to charity?

"What I see is people coming in my store, needy people sell their stuff," Paynter said, who owns a jewelry exchange business in Winchester. "It's bad nowadays. I just told (the clerk) let's just give it away to charity."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lex18.com

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If the mods decide this thread doesn't belong in this section I expect it will be moved to Aliens and UFO's because this man must be from another planet. You really don't find too many around here like this guy.

www.lex18.com...

Six hours and four cash registers later, Paynter was the proud owner of a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of merchandise, all of which he donated to Clark County Community Services.

This kind of generosity these days leaves me rather speechless. I can't think of much more I can say about this. Maybe it will help keep a few more of their stores open just waiting for another like Mr. Paynter to walk in.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
When someone does something like this it makes me wonder. Seems sincere when you think 200k could have gone to his charity of choice that might include write offs, expensive dinner fundraising events or a number of things that benefit the person donating more than the person receiving.

Nice thought in this case.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It is indeed extremely fortunate that people like this still exist.

It also proves that, despite the relentless, inhuman depravity of the contemporary American government, some among the people themselves are still good.

God bless this man.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well, I would of just donated it to the people who are wandering around the street aimlessly, Donating it all to a community center depends on if some workers aren't crook themselves or if they actually give it to the people who do need it. I don't trust community centers. People who do need it are the ones on the streets.

It was a nice gesture from the guy though and I hope it does get disbursed evenly among those that need things.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

God bless this man.

I believe this man already understands that God has done so.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Some good news. Thank you.
“No one has ever become poor by giving…"
- Anne Frank

edit on 5/17/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

What a welcome change to hear stories like this vs the doom and gloom we constantly hear. It's people like this that keep my faith in humanity. A little compassion can go a long way.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Well, I would of just donated it to the people who are wandering around the street aimlessly, Donating it all to a community center depends on if some workers aren't crook themselves or if they actually give it to the people who do need it. I don't trust community centers. People who do need it are the ones on the streets.

I totally disagree. You can, in no way, make that broad of a statement either for or against 'community centers'. There are many good ones, there are some bad. But just handing out money to people on the street will not make a difference to most But donating it to a center that offers people shelter, food and clothing WILL make a difference.

As someone who spent many years being homeless ( by choice), I can say that those 'wandering the streets aimlessly' as you put it are drug addicts and/or mentally disturbed. Just handing them money changes nothing. e homeless who are seeking a way out are at community centers, so they can stay clean, and work.

edit on 17-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What this man did was FANTASTIC and extremeley commendable and I hope there are tons more that start to follow in his path. Who knows maybe one day one of the scumb bags in the ubber rich families will finally have some compasion on humanity and start giving back to the people whom they have stolen their riches. I think there may be some truth to the "blood line" thing becasue I have met a few ubber rich people and they are not the same as the average person you see everyday.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What a wonderful guy.
Donating to community centers definitely is a better help than just handing out to random people on the street. Those who truly need help and are working towards a better life will be at the community centers.

Kudos, dude!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
love still rules! bless this man.

now if 1 in 10 people just did a little something for others that are less fortunate,perhaps this world would be a little better to live in!

good story for a change! thanx for the post.
doesn't take much to change someone's life
peace

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I love people like this!
It is all about helping out in your own community to start with. Helping people get back on feet or give them the means to survive.
Imagine if all communities had a couple of these "businessmen", instead of those whom just run over everything and everyone to make more money.

top topics

join