It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should War be waged upon Japan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Given the lies and cover-ups that Japan has been holding out for all to bare, is this good enough reason to start a War?

Now, I know that it would be stupid to wage War on a Country that is crippled right now by a Nuclear Emergency, but given enough time and the possibility for more to go seriously wrong, do you think that the possibility of War could ever be put on to the table?

I do not condone such an action, and I am not really asking if we should, rather I am asking if tonnes of Nuclear Poison filling up our Planet, left, right and centre, is reason enough for other Countries to wage War with Japan?

Let us discuss.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No. War is stupid, innocent people are killed and a lot of money is wasted when it could be put towards something useful. War is NEVER necessary. I can't believe you're actually pondering this. Also, do you think countries like China would just stand there and watch? No.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What? Are you serious?
Or is this meant to be a joke?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"and I am not really asking if we should"

Yes you are.

The title of the thread asks directly, without ambiguity, clear as day.
Answer: NO

Am I missing the point?
edit on 16-5-2012 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
war? are you kidding?
if anything the global community should step in to help! even if japan doesn't want it!
the world is at risk,not just japan,so it is a global problem and it is the resposibility of the nations on earth to help fix this NOW!
god,there is tsunami debris already washing up on the west coast,including a complete harley davidson!!!
(albeit deystroyed).
why don't we go to war with bengladesh,or ethiopia next!
no offence friend,but what a strange thought!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why Not ???

We seem to be fighting everyone else...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

I was thinking about this the other day.
Not go to war.
But we might have to drop a nuke on fukishima to destroy all the spent rods.
Otherwise how do you clean that up?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
War with a nation that may be dead within a few years? You are a sick bastard.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
All I can say is ... The OP has been intoxicated by the fumes from Japan ... He/She is clearly losing the plot!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
hahaha seems to me you nuked them first,,im not going to say go to war with japan as they are far more advanced then back when you nuked them,, i doubt very much you could win a war against japan ya had trouble just getting bin ,japan have better robots then usa anyway and im pretty sure there tech is capable of taking down your drones,
however i do believe you should be compensated for any death or illness that can be linked to radiation

but if the usa wanted any sort of money compensation,they should first pay funds to any second generation deformaties,illnesess that occured when you unleased nuclear weopons on the world
edit on 16-5-2012 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thank you all for your obvious fervour.

As stated, I know for a fact that it would be more than detrimental to attack a country that has already taken so many blows.

The question is really more this: "Would another Government (diabolical, as many of the Governments are) think of attacking Japan?"

Try not to think that I am a war-monger.

I am just curious to see how people see the world, and what kind of trust you all put in our leaders.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

But we might have to drop a nuke on fukishima to destroy all the spent rods.
Otherwise how do you clean that up?

I hope this is a joke.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Considering Japan doesn't really have a standing army, in a military sense. Why attack Japan exactly? Because the reactor leak? OP i'm confused... America gets flamed enough on ATS for the whole WWII Japan thing. Now you say we need to attack a country still reeling from a horrible natural disaster? Stop the warmongering please!

Add: Just noticed your an Aussie OP so scratch my America WWII comment. Go right ahead and attack away just keep us American's out of it please.

edit on 16-5-2012 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

That's it, Mr. O to the Bama is gonna read this thread of yours and is then gonna attack Japan ...

It'll all be YOUR fault now!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
Thank you all for your obvious fervour.

As stated, I know for a fact that it would be more than detrimental to attack a country that has already taken so many blows.

The question is really more this: "Would another Government (diabolical, as many of the Governments are) think of attacking Japan?"

Try not to think that I am a war-monger.

I am just curious to see how people see the world, and what kind of trust you all put in our leaders.

I would hope not. It would be an extremely stupid and costly move, for everyone involved, and that would be many countries. It would no doubt turn in to world war III very quickly.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If lies from a country is a reason to wage war, the US would have been nuked entirely... sorry, but I don't share that opinion. Lies aren't always bad things, but I'd like to know what lies you're actually talking about?

That Fukushima is not a big deal anymore?? Perhaps that's to not outrage the public...

I mean, it's not like it's the fault of the Japenese that this tragedy happend. Yes, it could've been prevented by not installing nuclear power plants around the coast etc. or especially in that EQ region, but why kill people that suffer more than we do right now for something they can't do #? If you want to kill people for this, then you have to kill the architect and the CEO/chief of that nuclear power plant, or anyone else that has/had control over it. Soldiers are most of the times people like you and me dragged into the dirty war.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Japan's defense is provided by the United States ever since the end of WWII. So, going to war with Japan is the same as going to war with the US, which is probably not a great idea.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Speakeasy1981

why do you think the usa is powerfull still

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well - no.

1. It wouldn't solve anything.

2. The "winner" would get control of Japan and be stuck with cleaning up the mess - and it seems nobody wants to touch that with a 10 foot pole.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have no idea why we.. every country in the world.. arent aiding Japan, telling the truth about the threat, and working on solutions together. This is an event that will effect all of us. It just seems odd the first thing OP would consider is war!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join